• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clempsum, come out to play-ay...

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was Wade's ejection that affected anything, rather, Ohio State was the best team any of these Clemson players had faced (including other years). They hadn't played a team who could match up with their speed and physicality in a couple years. It was more Clemson being surprised while Ohio State came out extremely aggressive and hard that led to that first quarter.

That said, on the secondary issue, why argue with LSU fans? There isn't a single thing to suggest that LSU has a better secondary than Ohio State. They were absolutely torched by the top 4 passing attacks they faced, giving up 350 yards and 3.5 touchdowns a game on average. Ohio State was better in every single defensive statistic and played more ranked opponents who had a much better winning percentage (BTW, there's little to suggest LSU has a better offense than the Buckeyes either). But corndogs don't understand statistics. So we'll let them believe that 2019 LSU is the greatest team in history for a few days longer.

This is the sort of post that is bitter to swallow later on.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the sort of post that is bitter to swallow later on.

Not really. I feel decent about this game. But if Clemson loses, then it loses. It's pretty cool just to be in the playoffs 5 years in a row, especially since very few thought Clemson would be this good after losing 6 of their front 7 (and top 2 backups in the front 7).

But Monday won't impact that post at all. At the moment, all evidence points to Ohio State being a better football team than LSU this year. They played a harder schedule and were better in all relevant statistics other than passing ones (and that's just because they had such a good run game they didn't need to rely on passing the ball). But on my secondary comment, LSU's secondary was torched by the competent passing attacks they faced (Texas, Florida, Alabama (with a badly injured Tua), and Oklahoma). They held those offenses to 62% passing for 342 yards, 3.5 touchdowns, and .5 interceptions a game. Ohio State held their 4 best passing attacks (Indiana, Clemson, Michigan, and Michigan State) to 51% passing for 239 yards, 1.25 touchdowns, and 1 interception. No matter what happens Monday, there is no evidence right now that LSU has a better secondary.

I just think people are crazy and reactionary. LSU may well win this game (I don't think they will, but they definitely could). But Ohio State was talked up all season as one of the best teams in history. They beat their opponents going into the Clemson game by an average score of 49-13, despite playing 6 ranked teams and 3 that will likely be ranked in the postseason top 10. They were the #1 offense going into the bowls and #3 defense and had 3 Heisman finalists and by far the most NFL draft picks. Clemson beats them, and in the last 3 quarters, outscores them 29-7. LSU has had a great season, but subtract the Oklahoma game, and there was little argument that they were better than Ohio State. They won by a much smaller margin of victory despite having a weaker overall schedule and running the score up on all their opponents but the three weakest. But they blow out an Oklahoma team with key suspensions that everyone knew they would blow out (which was just a significantly worse version of the last two Oklahoma teams - one of which was crushed by an Alabama team that Clemson blew out). But now everyone thinks they're somehow an all-time great team and will beat Clemson by 5 touchdowns? I'm not saying it's impossible, but there's literally no evidence to support this conclusion everyone has come to.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we are going to find out which Tigers are the biggest pussies?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I feel decent about this game. But if Clemson loses, then it loses. It's pretty cool just to be in the playoffs 5 years in a row, especially since very few thought Clemson would be this good after losing 6 of their front 7 (and top 2 backups in the front 7).

But Monday won't impact that post at all. At the moment, all evidence points to Ohio State being a better football team than LSU this year. They played a harder schedule and were better in all relevant statistics other than passing ones (and that's just because they had such a good run game they didn't need to rely on passing the ball). But on my secondary comment, LSU's secondary was torched by the competent passing attacks they faced (Texas, Florida, Alabama (with a badly injured Tua), and Oklahoma). They held those offenses to 62% passing for 342 yards, 3.5 touchdowns, and .5 interceptions a game. Ohio State held their 4 best passing attacks (Indiana, Clemson, Michigan, and Michigan State) to 51% passing for 239 yards, 1.25 touchdowns, and 1 interception. No matter what happens Monday, there is no evidence right now that LSU has a better secondary.

I just think people are crazy and reactionary. LSU may well win this game (I don't think they will, but they definitely could). But Ohio State was talked up all season as one of the best teams in history. They beat their opponents going into the Clemson game by an average score of 49-13, despite playing 6 ranked teams and 3 that will likely be ranked in the postseason top 10. They were the #1 offense going into the bowls and #3 defense and had 3 Heisman finalists and by far the most NFL draft picks. Clemson beats them, and in the last 3 quarters, outscores them 29-7. LSU has had a great season, but subtract the Oklahoma game, and there was little argument that they were better than Ohio State. They won by a much smaller margin of victory despite having a weaker overall schedule and running the score up on all their opponents but the three weakest. But they blow out an Oklahoma team with key suspensions that everyone knew they would blow out (which was just a significantly worse version of the last two Oklahoma teams - one of which was crushed by an Alabama team that Clemson blew out). But now everyone thinks they're somehow an all-time great team and will beat Clemson by 5 touchdowns? I'm not saying it's impossible, but there's literally no evidence to support this conclusion everyone has come to.

LOL, you just made a post praising the passing attacks of Michigan, Indiana and Michigan St. I can't even. This is why your statistical analysis is garbage. Indiana beat no one with a winning record this year. Michigan State has an offense that is stone age and Jimmy Jam the quarterback whisperer is a joke. Michigan averaged 22 points against the 6 ranked teams they played this year(including 42 against ND) Michigan St was 17 and Indiana averaged 7. By contrast in your comparison, Texas, Florida, Alabama and Oklahoma averaged 28, 26, 40 and 32 points a game against ranked opponents. Seems like Ohio State played some stat padding bitches. Remember last year when going into the Ohio State game half the Michigan honks were on here talking about Michigan and their top 5 defense...how did that work out for them....they finished the year giving up 62 to Ohio State and 41 to a Florida team that was toothless against anyone with a pulse. Michigan still finished the year as the #16 defense statistically, lol.

I have no doubt that Ohio State has a good secondary full of NFL draft picks, but so does LSU, Delpit is the best safety in college football and Fulton is a 1st rounder.

You got some good breaks and were lucky to beat Ohio State who was also good team. LSU is also a good team, you will need some breaks to beat them and vice versa.

I expect LSU to win a close game, and I suspect the statistical prowess of Ohio State will have very little bearing on the outcome.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to say, the practice situation is pretty bullshit. LSU somehow gets the Saints' training facilities. Meanwhile, here's Clemson in their hotel's ball room.

Clemson Football @ClemsonFB

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to say, the practice situation is pretty bullshit. LSU somehow gets the Saints' training facilities. Meanwhile, here's Clemson in their hotel's ball room.

Clemson Football @ClemsonFB
Clemson was scheduled to practice at Xavier University, but the severe weather caused the complications forcing Clemson into the Hotel Ball Room. It's just walk through time anyway, with the real work done back @ Clemson over the past week +, OR proof that God is on LSU's side!

Dangerous thunderstorms, tornadoes could greet CFP fans in New Orleans area on Saturday morning

5cfadd9de46c2.image.jpg

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little early to start with the excuses isn't it.
One team looks at the forecast and plans accordingly, the other looks for reasons to cry and whine because that is what they do best.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buckeyes didn’t make it, bro.
Dabbo, cries about where the game is played, Dabbo cries about not looking at weather forecast and planning, Dabbo cries about no respect. Kind of had enough of this little baby back bitch attitude. Saban played LSU in New Orleans and Georgia in Atlanta and didn’t cry or whine once. Preemptive excuses are for losers. Dabbo is a professional victim.