• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clempsum, come out to play-ay...

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be greatness.

LSU has the secondary to truly match up with Clemson. tOSU was solid, but LSU's is a tad bit better.

LSU also has a few more better WRs than tOSU had. There might be 8 or 9 future NFL WRs on that field. I might be underestimating that number.

Big key could be LSU isn't as solid as tOSU was in the middle on the OL or DL. Clemson could be able to use Etienne in the run game quite a bit more.

On the flip side, Clemson hasn't seen as dynamic, fast, and impressive a WR crew as LSU has across the board. Their secondary is suspect, and Burrow and LSU could attack if they can give Burrow time. Fields had time, he just didn't make the always great decision, and has a better WR crew to throw to with his better accuracy.

Likely looking at 1st Pick in the NFL draft QBs in back-to-back years in this game. The speed that will be on this field is gonna be freaking amazing.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made muh mind up. I'm walkin into work Thursday morning and throwing a piping hot cup of coffee right into the face of my CEO and announcing my resignation.

I figure..if these two goofy bastards can be THIS successful in CFB coaching and make THIS much money then I'll be a dagum Hall of famer. that's right boys, Ol GR is getting back into coaching!

coach O.gif
Dabo.gif

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
81695213_10157841705681100_3319882794934468608_n.jpg

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be greatness.

LSU has the secondary to truly match up with Clemson. tOSU was solid, but LSU's is a tad bit better.

LSU also has a few more better WRs than tOSU had. There might be 8 or 9 future NFL WRs on that field. I might be underestimating that number.

Big key could be LSU isn't as solid as tOSU was in the middle on the OL or DL. Clemson could be able to use Etienne in the run game quite a bit more.

On the flip side, Clemson hasn't seen as dynamic, fast, and impressive a WR crew as LSU has across the board. Their secondary is suspect, and Burrow and LSU could attack if they can give Burrow time. Fields had time, he just didn't make the always great decision, and has a better WR crew to throw to with his better accuracy.

Likely looking at 1st Pick in the NFL draft QBs in back-to-back years in this game. The speed that will be on this field is gonna be freaking amazing.

I think it will be a good game, especially Burrow vs. Lawrence. I also agree that LSU has better wide receivers than Ohio State but that Ohio State was better in the trenches (I think their defensive line was the best in the country and their offensive line was #3 or #4). But I disagree about a few things.

There is 0 evidence to support the idea that LSU has a better secondary than Ohio State. They may have some talent, though Orgeron leaves his corners on islands so they are exploited. LSU has the #55 passing defense and the #29 at getting turnovers. Ohio State was the #2 passing defense and #10 at getting turnovers. LSU's opponents passing the ball were better, but not enough to overcome that statistical difference (and as my breakdown points out, LSU's top 4 passing opponents shredded their secondary-averaging around 350 touchdowns and 3.5 passing touchdowns). Okudah is the best corner in football period as well. Ohio State's secondary is significantly better than LSU's.

I don't see how Clemson's secondary is suspect. That's their strongest part of their defense. It's faced better passing attacks than LSU as a whole and yet is #1 in the important statistics. They're also really good at forcing even great QBs to make mistakes. Fields threw two picks and nearly threw two more (that were easy drops) despite being the best QB in the nation at not throwing picks. Fields did have more time, but that's more because his line was better.

The real difference you're ignoring is that Ohio State got more leeway in the passing game because they had one of, if not the, best rushing attacks in the country. The advantage to having an extremely effective, balanced offense is that teams have to defend against both. LSU has a bad running game, plain and simple. They run the ball as much as they pass, but are #61 in rushing offense and #54 in yards per rush. Compare that to Ohio State who was #5 and #6, respectively, against much better rushing defenses than either Clemson or LSU faced. That gave Ohio State an advantage throwing the ball than LSU won't have, even though I agree their wide receivers are spectacular.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be a good game, especially Burrow vs. Lawrence. I also agree that LSU has better wide receivers than Ohio State but that Ohio State was better in the trenches (I think their defensive line was the best in the country and their offensive line was #3 or #4). But I disagree about a few things.

There is 0 evidence to support the idea that LSU has a better secondary than Ohio State. They may have some talent, though Orgeron leaves his corners on islands so they are exploited. LSU has the #55 passing defense and the #29 at getting turnovers. Ohio State was the #2 passing defense and #10 at getting turnovers. LSU's opponents passing the ball were better, but not enough to overcome that statistical difference (and as my breakdown points out, LSU's top 4 passing opponents shredded their secondary-averaging around 350 touchdowns and 3.5 passing touchdowns). Okudah is the best corner in football period as well. Ohio State's secondary is significantly better than LSU's.

I don't see how Clemson's secondary is suspect. That's their strongest part of their defense. It's faced better passing attacks than LSU as a whole and yet is #1 in the important statistics. They're also really good at forcing even great QBs to make mistakes. Fields threw two picks and nearly threw two more (that were easy drops) despite being the best QB in the nation at not throwing picks. Fields did have more time, but that's more because his line was better.

The real difference you're ignoring is that Ohio State got more leeway in the passing game because they had one of, if not the, best rushing attacks in the country. The advantage to having an extremely effective, balanced offense is that teams have to defend against both. LSU has a bad running game, plain and simple. They run the ball as much as they pass, but are #61 in rushing offense and #54 in yards per rush. Compare that to Ohio State who was #5 and #6, respectively, against much better rushing defenses than either Clemson or LSU faced. That gave Ohio State an advantage throwing the ball than LSU won't have, even though I agree their wide receivers are spectacular.

That's a lot of words to say "LSU is going to whoop dat azz."

:happy:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee a tiger victory.

Avi bet for anyone who disagrees.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's absurd. Before Wade's ejection with a few minutes left in the 2nd quarter, OSU had shut Clemson out for almost an entire half and Lawrence had only completed 8/14 passes for 81 yards (less than 6 YPA). OSU was matching up incredibly well.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's absurd. Before Wade's ejection with a few minutes left in the 2nd quarter, OSU had shut Clemson out for almost an entire half and Lawrence had only completed 8/14 passes for 81 yards (less than 6 YPA). OSU was matching up incredibly well.

I don't think it was Wade's ejection that affected anything, rather, Ohio State was the best team any of these Clemson players had faced (including other years). They hadn't played a team who could match up with their speed and physicality in a couple years. It was more Clemson being surprised while Ohio State came out extremely aggressive and hard that led to that first quarter.

That said, on the secondary issue, why argue with LSU fans? There isn't a single thing to suggest that LSU has a better secondary than Ohio State. They were absolutely torched by the top 4 passing attacks they faced, giving up 350 yards and 3.5 touchdowns a game on average. Ohio State was better in every single defensive statistic and played more ranked opponents who had a much better winning percentage (BTW, there's little to suggest LSU has a better offense than the Buckeyes either). But corndogs don't understand statistics. So we'll let them believe that 2019 LSU is the greatest team in history for a few days longer.