• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clayton's QB Rankings

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't see how Aaron Rodgers isn't #1 at this point.

I also wouldn't put Alex over Cam Newton, Joe Flacco, or Andrew Luck at this point either.

Agreed with Rodgers in that I can't see him not being #1 on the list of best QBs.

Brady puts up numbers but he hasn't been clutch in years and it's been a while since I've seen him look good against a great defense.

At this point if I needed a score to win the game I would be giving the ball to Rodgers and Brees before Brady and heck Eli as well.

I agree with Cam being over Smith and we know Luck is going to be better than Smith but I don't think guys that have never taken a regular season snap should even be on the list in the first place.

Flacco is a tough one for me. He has a stronger body of work than Smith and a higher ceiling but man was 2011 a stinker for him. I think right now I would put Smith slightly ahead of him but I wouldn't argue with Flacco being slightly ahead of him either.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, its different.

but just for discussions sake..............is it necessarily "quite different"?

i'll use an illustration...Matt Flynn in his last start with Green Bay. was Green Bay's offense that much different with Flynn playing, vice Rodgers?

now take Detroit, the offensive skill players are pretty good all around. if the back-up starts in place of Stafford, is it "quite different"? it'll be different but will it be 'quite different'? why would it be quite different...because of Stafford's "passing arm", or because he understands their scheme better?

i'm not claiming otherwise, just throwing it out for further thought.

That sounds like you are comparing Stafford in versus Shaun Hill. And then Alex Smith versus Colin Kaepernick. But if you look at all comparisons in both systems, I think in three comparisons, it's quite different. (Stafford v. Hill, Stafford v. Smith, Stafford v. Kaepernick). In one comparison it's different (Smith v. Hill). In another, I don't know (Smith v. Kaepernick). I won't compare the backups because it seems irrelevant. And these comparisons were made in relation to the team they were replacing (i.e. Smith on Detroit compared to Stafford on Detroit, and Stafford on Niners compared Stafford on Niners). Mix them around and I think the answers stay the same.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo brees is the best qb. its very close but brees just picks apart teams and i don't even think the saints offense is the best fit for him. whereas brady and rodgers play in very qb friendly systems, a big reason why their back ups can look like the real deal but aren't.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
imo brees is the best qb. its very close but brees just picks apart teams and i don't even think the saints offense is the best fit for him. whereas brady and rodgers play in very qb friendly systems, a big reason why their back ups can look like the real deal but aren't.

this is just opinion...........but funny how some things are in the "eye of the beholder"?

i seem to think Brady and Rodgers pick teams apart, and Brees is in the QB friendly system? not adamant about this at all, and not a strong opinion, cause they're all good.

just seem to think so.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man, I really get animated when I talk to people about Flacco and Ryan. I love those guys. I always have them much higher than almost everybody I talk to. Same about Cutler but it's the opposite with him. I can't stand him and would not want to build with him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Gotta disagree about Ryan CP. Flacco >>>> one and done Ryan IMO. If he were a great QB he should do better with all that talent around him IMO.

Cutler, on the other hand, has had one of the WORST supporting casts in the NFL for years (especially OL)