• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Claude Giroux

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are gellin' pretty well right now. You never know what the future brings. Bruins were supposed to be possibly the next "dynasty". So much for that. As long as Bryz stays solid, there is no reason you guys don't win the Cup.

If you would like us to win the cup why do you have the kings displayed on you screen. if you are rooting for the kings then take your bruins banner down and add the Flyer banner it will help you forget.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be really fucking negative, but in the back of my mind I know the Rangers aremost likely beating the Caps. And I know even further in the back of my mind we probably wouldnt beat the Rangers.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate to be really fucking negative, but in the back of my mind I know the Rangers aremost likely beating the Caps. And I know even further in the back of my mind we probably wouldnt beat the Rangers.

no need to think that way, caps win tonight the momentum swings back their way. plus its too early to discount the devs, at least one more game ha.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cut the back of your mind out of your head b/c its lying to you.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO the Caps should have had game 1.What was it-4 goalposts?

You also have Dubinsky on crutches(lower body,questionable)and Boyle skating ,but returning from a concussion already?that helps in the Caps favor.

Mentioned already,and I agree.If they win tonight,huge advantage swing in their favor.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Who knows what happens this round. There's lots that can go right/wrong.

If Bryz finds his March form between now and next series, then the Flyers got a great shot.

Depending on injuries/health of the Flyers and Rangers, things can change dramatically.

If the Flyers sweep the Devils and get to rest while the Rangers go to triple OT every game, that helps as well.

If Tortorella (sp?) continues to spout conspiracy theories about the officiating and get suspended or gets his team unfocused, they may lose this series to the Capitals.

Just gotta take it one game at a time and see how things play out. Most importantly, the Flyers can't overlook the Devils. I'm just hoping seeing HoF goalie Brodeur on the other side of the rink will motivate Bryz to pick up his game.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quite simply Giroux is playing better than Malkin and Crosby right now, which is a bit if a surprise considering Malkin is going to win the Hart and the Art Ross. I'm simply stating that he's the best player at this moment, which I don't think anyone can discredit. Crosby and Malkin have more accolades simply because they've been in the league for longer and reached an elite level of play in a quicker time frame. A lot of that clearly had to do with G playing second fiddle to Richards and Carter as we now see.

Nobody is saying that G has accomplished more than Crosby and Malkin. We're just saying he's playing better hockey and he very well may be on his way to a Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup of his own.

Right. And Awaz is right, "playing better right now." But if I had to pick a time for any player to play better than any other player in the world, it would be:
a) in the playoffs
b) if I had to pick one series, it would be the one against the team everyone was picking to win the Stanley Cup this year
c) against the team that I have grown to hate more than any other at the end of this year: the Pens.

But we also can't forget that Giroux was lurking around MVP talks for the regular season as well. So even before he was the clear-cut best player in a playoff series against Malkin/Crosby, it's not like he was ever out of the conversation. This isn't one phenominal series from an otherwise-good-but-not-great player.

If he can maintain this level of play throughout the playoffs, and depending on how well the team does, we should revist this conversation. (I refuse to say more in case of jinx.)