• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Claude Giroux

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giroux-g.png

Don't think anyone's seen it yet...

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This has been stated by Peter Laviolette and several other Flyers and I am in complete agreement. As of this very moment, I don't know how anyone can deny the following.

Giroux > Crosby > Malkin

They all have ungodly skill/talent, but G currently holds an edge over the other two via intangibles like heart, competitiveness, intensity and physical play that ultimately have him playing better hockey.

I just don't see a better player in the Nhl right now than Claude Giroux. Homer looks like a total genius in trading away Richards and Carter to make room for G to dominate the Nhl.

I don't think I could agree more. Giroux has reached that level where you can't miss him when he's on the ice. It's like the whole game slows down for him. Like there's no one on the ice who can do any part of the game better than he can. It's flat out amazing to watch. It's players like him that make watching any sport great.

I wouldn't give him the C until at least next year. Why mess with what's working? Everyone knows he's the leader already. Giving him the C doesn't help anything. All I could see it doing is sticking media attention into the chemistry of the locker room through a public gesture.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I could agree more. Giroux has reached that level where you can't miss him when he's on the ice. It's like the whole game slows down for him. Like there's no one on the ice who can do any part of the game better than he can. It's flat out amazing to watch. It's players like him that make watching any sport great.

I wouldn't give him the C until at least next year. Why mess with what's working? Everyone knows he's the leader already. Giving him the C doesn't help anything. All I could see it doing is sticking media attention into the chemistry of the locker room through a public gesture.

only a viable statement if you mean right this second.. he outplayed them in THIS series

until he performs like this on a consistent basis, they are still better than him

not saying he cant be better than them, just that i wouldn't put him as 'the best in the world'.. i will say he is 'playing like the best in the world' though. if that makes sense?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how he didnt even celebrate today. Just looks at the crowd and throws an arm up to pump them up. Full on beast mode.

fanwagon

G for C
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I agree. He's out to make a statement every time he steps on the ice. I dont remember the flyers ever having a guy who could simply will a puck into the net like he can. That shot was probably going 110 mph

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I agree. He's out to make a statement every time he steps on the ice. I dont remember the flyers ever having a guy who could simply will a puck into the net like he can. That shot was probably going 110 mph

It might have set the slap shot record. Granted, it wasn't with a stationary puck, but DAMN he launched it. It wasn't even short side or anything, he just shot it at the top of the net, right in the middle, and Brodeur couldn't get over in time.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only a viable statement if you mean right this second.. he outplayed them in THIS series

until he performs like this on a consistent basis, they are still better than him

not saying he cant be better than them, just that i wouldn't put him as 'the best in the world'.. i will say he is 'playing like the best in the world' though. if that makes sense?

Quite simply Giroux is playing better than Malkin and Crosby right now, which is a bit if a surprise considering Malkin is going to win the Hart and the Art Ross. I'm simply stating that he's the best player at this moment, which I don't think anyone can discredit. Crosby and Malkin have more accolades simply because they've been in the league for longer and reached an elite level of play in a quicker time frame. A lot of that clearly had to do with G playing second fiddle to Richards and Carter as we now see.

Nobody is saying that G has accomplished more than Crosby and Malkin. We're just saying he's playing better hockey and he very well may be on his way to a Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup of his own.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:dhd:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...I see how it is.....JS wants Philly Lite to win in the West, but can't pull for Philly Original to win out??

pffffft

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, just pulling for Quick is all.

... and Doughty, and Brown, and Kopitar.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is the only team I will accept making it out of the East. If you guys dont make it, you aren't going to for another 30 years. So long as Bryz stays sharp, this is the team. Much better than the 2010 squad.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is the only team I will accept making it out of the East. If you guys dont make it, you aren't going to for another 30 years. So long as Bryz stays sharp, this is the team. Much better than the 2010 squad.

lol This team is in year one of a half a team rebuild. This group will be scarey good for many many years to come bro.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the beauty of this playoff run. Even if we don't win the Cup this year, with all of these 19-25 year olds, this team will be even better next season. 9 of them dressed in the last game, so they are all getting invaluable experience at the least and doing so in winning fashion.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite simply Giroux is playing better than Malkin and Crosby right now, which is a bit if a surprise considering Malkin is going to win the Hart and the Art Ross. I'm simply stating that he's the best player at this moment, which I don't think anyone can discredit. Crosby and Malkin have more accolades simply because they've been in the league for longer and reached an elite level of play in a quicker time frame. A lot of that clearly had to do with G playing second fiddle to Richards and Carter as we now see.

Nobody is saying that G has accomplished more than Crosby and Malkin. We're just saying he's playing better hockey and he very well may be on his way to a Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup of his own.

playing better than anyone right now. agreed.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol This team is in year one of a half a team rebuild. This group will be scarey good for many many years to come bro.

That's the beauty of this playoff run. Even if we don't win the Cup this year, with all of these 19-25 year olds, this team will be even better next season. 9 of them dressed in the last game, so they are all getting invaluable experience at the least and doing so in winning fashion.

yep. this team will be significantly better next year, and most likely better the year after as well, without much roster turnover

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are gellin' pretty well right now. You never know what the future brings. Bruins were supposed to be possibly the next "dynasty". So much for that. As long as Bryz stays solid, there is no reason you guys don't win the Cup.