• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Classless Team

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is when do the seahawks and 49er's get thrown out of a game? :scratch:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is when do the seahawks and 49er's get thrown out of a game? :scratch:

the rams put that target on their own backs by being careless and going overboard. Smart teams know when to cut it out and get away with things and dumb teams take it to the next level. But I'm pretty sure seattle was the most penalized team in the NFL this year. They just have the talent to back it up.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised no one mentioned the "missed fumble call" where Bowman got injured. How the hell did the refs miss that?? That was clearly a fumble. Every time I watch a game played in Seattle, it seems as though the refs go their way. Trust me, I hate the 49ers, glad to see them lose. But IMO, not only does Seattle have the 12th man, but they have the refs as well. Still remember Langford's ejection when he accidently swatted the ref trying to plead his case.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss429. Two words for the father of NFL Thuggery: Richie Incognito.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got that right Retro. He'll probably get picked up by Seattle next season. :nod:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zeke, talking about how bad NFL officiating is has become so routine that I don't even bother to mention it anymore. That may be why many aren't talking about it, plus the 49ers got the ball on the next play anyway.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zeke, talking about how bad NFL officiating is has become so routine that I don't even bother to mention it anymore. That may be why many aren't talking about it, plus the 49ers got the ball on the next play anyway.

Right now I blame the NFL more than I blame the officials. They're only making the calls the NFL is telling them to make. Roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness/hitting a defenseless receiver, defensive holding and pass interference, etc. They say it’s to promote player safety and the officials need to error on the side of caution. I call BS on this. They want the offenses to score a lot of points. They don’t want the old days of the Steel Curtain and 13-6 games.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised no one mentioned the "missed fumble call" where Bowman got injured. How the hell did the refs miss that?? That was clearly a fumble. Every time I watch a game played in Seattle, it seems as though the refs go their way. Trust me, I hate the 49ers, glad to see them lose. But IMO, not only does Seattle have the 12th man, but they have the refs as well. Still remember Langford's ejection when he accidently swatted the ref trying to plead his case.

The fact that the play was not reviewable is a joke. Bad call and a bad rule.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I blame the NFL more than I blame the officials. They're only making the calls the NFL is telling them to make. Roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness/hitting a defenseless receiver, defensive holding and pass interference, etc. They say it’s to promote player safety and the officials need to error on the side of caution. I call BS on this. They want the offenses to score a lot of points. They don’t want the old days of the Steel Curtain and 13-6 games.

you know, I used to think this as well. But after I just finished reading "League of Denial" about the CTE problem in the NFL, I now think it's really the league trying to play CYA. They want to be able to say "See...we're trying all we can to make the game safer; it's not our fault."

They've already agreed to pay $765 mill plus another $20 or so in legal fess. and now a judge is saying that might be enough? I really think the NFL is just trying put on a show of caring about player safety (not that they necessarily do)

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know, I used to think this as well. But after I just finished reading "League of Denial" about the CTE problem in the NFL, I now think it's really the league trying to play CYA. They want to be able to say "See...we're trying all we can to make the game safer; it's not our fault."

They've already agreed to pay $765 mill plus another $20 or so in legal fess. and now a judge is saying that might be enough? I really think the NFL is just trying put on a show of caring about player safety (not that they necessarily do)

I agree which is why I feel this "safety of the players" mantra is BS. They just want more scoring so fans keep watching. They don't really care about player safety it's about the allmighty dollar.

Personally I think the game iis at it's lowest point right now as far as watchability is concerned. Way too many ticky tack penalties and way too many comercial breaks. This kick the extra point or field gola, take a commercial break, come back and kick off and then go to another commcerial break is ridiculous. Why can't they just take fewer breaks and add a commercial or two during each break. The viewing puplic is going to the bathroom or getting a beer during the breaks anyway, LOL.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I agree which is why I feel this "safety of the players" mantra is BS. They just want more scoring so fans keep watching. They don't really care about player safety it's about the allmighty dollar.

Personally I think the game iis at it's lowest point right now as far as watchability is concerned. Way too many ticky tack penalties and way too many comercial breaks. This kick the extra point or field gola, take a commercial break, come back and kick off and then go to another commcerial break is ridiculous. Why can't they just take fewer breaks and add a commercial or two during each break. The viewing puplic is going to the bathroom or getting a beer during the breaks anyway, LOL.

Absolutely agree LTR. I also believe the end product is not of as high a quality as 15-20 years ago. But the fact is that the NFL continues to grow, which only promotes in Goofdell's mind that this is the path to take. Remove defense, hitting, and anything else that would inhibit scoring a huge amount of points. I believe this trend is fueled in part by the "Fantasy Football" crowd. The uneducated fan that is now coming into the game doesn't and can't understand the subtleties of the game of offense vs defense. They just want to score a lot of points to win their fantasy game.

As far as making the game safer....of course it's a joke. One example is the helmets the NFL uses. There are better helmets out there than the crap Riddell supplies the league. But from what I've read, the NFL has a contract with Riddell, so of course they put the priority on $$$ instead of player safety. Goofdell is such a phony it isn't even funny. :gaah:

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners are getting older at spots and they'll have to give Kaepernick a lot of money.

Seahawks have Avril and Bennett on 1 year contracts, IIRC. Seattle also has been nailing the end of the draft which mean they have a bunch of guys that are underpaid.

The Rams could theoretically compete but they have to get a lot better on offense.

The Niners also have several players who will be free agents over the next few years including Kaepernick, Gore, V. Davis and one of the LB's (I don't remember which one).

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely agree LTR. I also believe the end product is not of as high a quality as 15-20 years ago. But the fact is that the NFL continues to grow, which only promotes in Goofdell's mind that this is the path to take. Remove defense, hitting, and anything else that would inhibit scoring a huge amount of points. I believe this trend is fueled in part by the "Fantasy Football" crowd. The uneducated fan that is now coming into the game doesn't and can't understand the subtleties of the game of offense vs defense. They just want to score a lot of points to win their fantasy game.

As far as making the game safer....of course it's a joke. One example is the helmets the NFL uses. There are better helmets out there than the crap Riddell supplies the league. But from what I've read, the NFL has a contract with Riddell, so of course they put the priority on $$$ instead of player safety. Goofdell is such a phony it isn't even funny. :gaah:

Great post. I couldn't agree more.

hawkturnal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team leads the league in penalties? The Seattle Seahawks
What team talks the most trash? The Seattle Seahawks
What team has the most pretentious home field routine? The Seattle Seahawks
What team has the most players on PEDs? The Seattle Seahawks

What team is everyone rooting against in the Super Bowl? Not hard to figure that out
What team is going to win the SB? The Seattle Seahawks

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is funny. The Niners were just as asinine the previous week. Everyone talks, one guy just happened to get in front of a microphone while still amped up from his game-winning play.

The NFC West is probably the most trash talking division in the NFL. The Rams also have several players I wish would shut up and play. The trash talking was actually down Sunday (as far as getting in the face of another player) because the NFL actually told both teams before the game that the officiating crew wasn'y going to tolerate the nonsense. I for one was glad. Guys are always going to talk trash I just hate when a player makes a 7 yard reception or tackles a player 8-10 yards downfield then jumps up in the other players face. You made a play BFD, go back to the f'ing huddle.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team leads the league in penalties? The Seattle Seahawks
What team talks the most trash? The Seattle Seahawks
What team has the most pretentious home field routine? The Seattle Seahawks
What team has the most players on PEDs? The Seattle Seahawks

What team is everyone rooting against in the Super Bowl? Not hard to figure that out

The Rams are also near the top of the list on the first two. The problem is they don't win enough games to back it up, LOL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are also near the top of the list on the first two. The problem is they don't win enough games to back it up, LOL.
Its a shame the way our defense and special teams played at the end of the year didn't get rewarded with more wins. I feel like a lot of the chippiness from the last game in Seattle came from the fact that our defense got gassed from being on the field the whole time.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I mean he is a young QB that struggled some this season, but led his team to the SB last year and could have made it this year. I was reading some posts on their board and they were throwing him under the bus and down right crucifying him.

It's pretty ridiculous. We even have a couple or more guys over there who think the Niners would be better off going with Mark Sanchez instead of extending Kaepernick this offseason or next offseason.