• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clady to Season-Ending IR

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Broncos have placed him on the season-ending version of IR. That's a tough blow for you guys as Clady is perhaps the best LT in the league, or at least one of the very best. Hopefully the "next man up" can step in and keep Manning clean.

If you guys are going to beat the Seahawks in the Superbowl you'll need quality play from the left tackle. They have a good group of pass rushers. I'd also be concerned with having to face KC twice without Clady- Justin Houston and Tamba Hali can get to the passer in a hurry.

Not the end of the world, but a tough blow to be sure...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Big 12 LT goes down in flames. They just don't make it in the NFL for some reason.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing we kept Knowshon around, he can pick up blitzers pretty effectively. And I;'d imagine a lot more of Virgin Green/Joel Dreesen sightings since they are our best blocking TEs.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coupled with the fact that Peyton has the quickest realease time in the NFL and he always ahd some pretty garbage O-lines in Indy, this terrible situation could have been worse.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Big 12 LT goes down in flames. They just don't make it in the NFL for some reason.

Pretty sure he wasn't in the Big 12 when he played college football.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Umm...check your facts first. Clady played at Boise State in the Mountain West, Sherlock.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys meant to say spread offense. Most spread offense LT's who struggle in the NFL come from the Big 12 which why I probably typed that instead.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coupled with the fact that Peyton has the quickest realease time in the NFL and he always ahd some pretty garbage O-lines in Indy, this terrible situation could have been worse.

Surely we are better off with than without Clady. At the same time, I don't think it's going to hurt as much as some others might think it will. We shall see.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys meant to say spread offense. Most spread offense LT's who struggle in the NFL come from the Big 12 which why I probably typed that instead.

I'm pretty sure Boise ran more of a pro-style offense......derp again.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a concern , but not the end of the world. Let's see how Chris Clark plays. They can help him out against teams with a good edge rusher with a blocking TE and a RB to help in Pass Protection.

Doubt the Broncos will find a starting LT who is a free agent at this time of the season.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Broncos have placed him on the season-ending version of IR. That's a tough blow for you guys as Clady is perhaps the best LT in the league, or at least one of the very best. Hopefully the "next man up" can step in and keep Manning clean.

If you guys are going to beat the Seahawks in the Superbowl you'll need quality play from the left tackle. They have a good group of pass rushers. I'd also be concerned with having to face KC twice without Clady- Justin Houston and Tamba Hali can get to the passer in a hurry.

Not the end of the world, but a tough blow to be sure...

You are correct, it is a tough blow, but not the end of the world. The Broncos actually have a number of options from players that have played LT in Beadles, Franklin, Clark, and now, Justice. I would not like to see them move Franklin over since it seems like him and Vasquez seem to be starting to gel on the right side. I imagine they will be sliding people around a little bit this week on the OLine to find their best combination, but will probably not take too much time as they will installing their game plan now, we could possibly be seeing more moves next week when they have a bit more time. The one I personally like is putting Kuper in at LG and sliding Beadles out to LT. We shall see though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of that can be contributed to having Kyle Orton (goes down when a finger touches him) and Tim Tebow (Decided it was a lot more fun to run around for 10 seconds than get rid of the football). Now I will say with Peyton at the helm it does help to have a guy that gets rid of the football so quickly especially since we do have some great weapons over the middle with Julius Thomas and Wes Welker.

My guess is the Broncos will try to mix in a lot more of a running attack in hopes of that helping slow down the pass rush. They will also run a few more 2 TE sets to help Clark with the blocking. So the loss of Clady is manageable it just makes life a little tougher and the Broncos will have to get a little more creative.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine their first move will be to simply plug Clark into the LT spot to see how he handles the position. Simple fixes first before moving the players on the o-line around.....

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peyton is actually 7th currently at 2.48 secs, which is down -0.02 secs from last year when he was second with 2.5 secs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, it is a tough blow, but not the end of the world. The Broncos actually have a number of options from players that have played LT in Beadles, Franklin, Clark, and now, Justice. I would not like to see them move Franklin over since it seems like him and Vasquez seem to be starting to gel on the right side. I imagine they will be sliding people around a little bit this week on the OLine to find their best combination, but will probably not take too much time as they will installing their game plan now, we could possibly be seeing more moves next week when they have a bit more time. The one I personally like is putting Kuper in at LG and sliding Beadles out to LT. We shall see though.

Actually I would love that move of putting Kuper back in when he is healthy and seeing how Beadles would do. That would at least get us our 5 best OL players out on the field all at once. I know Beadles his rookie year tried the LT position some and struggled but my guess is he has gotten a little better since then. I've always been a big fan of getting your best players out there even if they are playing a little out of position. They usually are the best at learning how to adapt.