• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Sports

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit, Cincinnati sports has been intriguing me lately. We finally launch Marvin out of here and our new coach sounds like a fresh breath of air listening to him speak to the media. New coaches, changes, and a new staff to see what they do in the draft.

Reds are making moves, trying to become relevant again with big trades, and maybe still more to come. Perhaps aiming for the best offensive catcher in MLB and may not have to give up any of their big 3 prospects. That will be a murderous row of hitters for NL team to deal with if we do land Realmuto.

RF Winker
CF Puig
1B Votto
3B Suarez
C Realmuto
LF Kemp
2B Gennett
SS Peraza

Maybe Senzel to CF, Puig to RF and Winker to LF.

This offseason has been quite interesting versus the last several, that is for sure.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Winker is going to be ready for ST....

Also, if Puig does not play CF, likely he plays RF with Winker moving to LF - This is better because Winker is average defensively with an average arm - would make more sense to keep him in LF long-term.

Dick Williams has been on record numerous time stating that Senzel will get every opportunity to show he can play CF - I expect to see him get a lot of time there in ST.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I think they should look to move Kemp - I see where they could go L/R with him and Winker once he comes back - but there is a glut of OF's as it stands with Senzel getting a look in CF, Puig in RF, Winker and Kemp being in LF and you still have Schebler and Irvin (who, I thought showed a lot last year).

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I think they should look to move Kemp - I see where they could go L/R with him and Winker once he comes back - but there is a glut of OF's as it stands with Senzel getting a look in CF, Puig in RF, Winker and Kemp being in LF and you still have Schebler and Irvin (who, I thought showed a lot last year).

I don't disagree that Winker is best pegged as a LF and Puig is the best RF option. However, if they can't move Kemp, or Gennett, then I fully expect they will try to play Kemp as often as possible to try and make him more attractive at the trade deadline. In the meantime, a guy like Winker who will bat .300 and get on base .400 will get more playing time, Kemp will get playing time for making him more attractive at trade deadline, and Puig is going to have a MVP potential caliber season playing 81 games in GABP. Guy is going to launch 30+ homers in this park.

I just think Senzel will become a super utility covering 1B, 2B, 3B, LF, CF, and RF to get potentially 6 starts a week and floating while all these other guys get a single day off during the week from their normal position as well. Regular rest for them, and 6 days a week of work for Senzel until we can trade Kemp or Gennett.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xavier blows, though. Ain’t that a shame?!