• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cignetti is the guy

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go on record right now and say Sam will get between 8 and 10 million from The Rams or somebody else in 2015. Who thinks I'm crazy? Haha

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Cignetti is the OC, with Boras the assistant head coach in charge of offense. Who is the boss in that mix? A bit confusing...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it sounds messed up but u think our QB situation is bad now imagine it without having Sam on the roster.... It gets real bad. I really think Sams agent is feeling out desperate QB needed teams. Their are plenty. The FA list of QB's is really bad with Sanchez being the best option. Actually without Sam we don't have a QB on the roster?
That is not the reason I facepalmed the highlighted portion of your post. Most here who know me also know I have always supported Sam however due to his injuries, I've just moved on from all that discussion.

The reason is simple, they hired Junior because he is a great fit for Fishers scheme. I'm sure when Fisher hired him in the first place he had thoughts of this type of circumstance as a possible move.

Lets look at his past for a second...

Cignetti Junior was hired by Fisher when Jeff was first hired in 2012. He was very successful running a Pro Style offense that focused on the run at Fresno State where his offense ranked fifth nationally in 2004 and seventh in 2005.

In 2004 Fresno State became the sixth team in NCAA history to score over 50 points in four consecutive games. The 2004 team also led the WAC in average yards per carry and amassed 65 touchdowns. He did this with running backs by the name of Bryson Sumlin and Wendell Mathis ever heard of them? He also had a QB by the name of Paul Pinegar who had season Quarterback ratings of 135 and 146 respectively in those years. Few Rams fans have heard of this QB either, that's how obscure his talent pool was to work with yet he had national success!

Next, have any of you ever been to Fresno?

It's near the Ag capital of California (Tulare), it has no real appeal for young talent to go there other than to study primarily Engineering, Business and Ag, although they do have other studies and offer post graduate and doctoral programs. They also have had pretty decent football teams but honestly not the draw for serious young offensive minded football talent. So to achieve these type of numbers amongst the elite Division I Football programs is one hell of an achievement!

Junior is the right guy. He will do well in Fisher's master plan of pound the football run first attitude, get good QB play when you need it and play great defense & special teams.

Good fit, Good hire!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug you are cracking me up. So teams are desperate for a QB that can't stay on the field?

Look, I am not a Brady fan. But the PATS had a pretty good game plan against the Seahawks. Granted that wasn't the Seattle D we all know. The Seattle D we all know, punished WR's on out patterns and they got maybe 5 yards. But injuries kept them from being that old D we've watched for the last 3 years.

Brady got rid of just about every pass VERY quickly. Didn't hold onto the ball long much at all. Used Vereen a lot! They dinked and dunked most of the day, then went semi-deep to Gronk to keep Seattle's D honest. Brady picked on Seattle's 4th CB after their nickel CB Lane went down. But the PATS also played pretty good D.

Sam (if he comes back) has to realize this and get in sync with his WRs. He has to step up and be a leader. Hate Brady all you want, but the guy wants to win so bad he'll yell at his WRs, deflate his balls, etc.

Sam has to see that blueprint on how to beat good defenses and he has to take it to the next level. NOT BE SCARED or be that QB with deer in headlights. New England Oline wasn't going to block Seattle's D all game. And they didn't have to.. Brady just got rid of the dam ball very quickly.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OC gets a lot of blame IMO. Even tho I didn't like Schotty's play calling, the QB still has to figure out a way to make that offense work.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it simple and play to the strengths of our players rather then squeeze them into your system. I was at the Eagles game and watched in disbelief that Tavon was not is for the 1st few series. They finally, in the 3rd quarter, ran a clear out pattern over the short middle which he turned into a 22 yard gain as the LB could not keep up. That was the 1 and only time we ran that play. We do have some players that can make a OC look great, if the OC is willing to figure out how to play to the strengths of our play makers.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we think he'll have control to do what he wants?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it simple and play to the strengths of our players rather then squeeze them into your system. I was at the Eagles game and watched in disbelief that Tavon was not is for the 1st few series. They finally, in the 3rd quarter, ran a clear out pattern over the short middle which he turned into a 22 yard gain as the LB could not keep up. That was the 1 and only time we ran that play. We do have some players that can make a OC look great, if the OC is willing to figure out how to play to the strengths of our play makers.

Ya, it kills me that Wes Welker, Amendola, and now Edelman, all play or played a pretty big role in NE's offense. These guys when they play a full season are getting 100 targets a year if not more, Austin was targeted 44 times last year, that's less than 3 times a game, and when he does catch a ball it goes for less then 8 yards.

Amendola and Edelman seem pretty small, but they are both bigger than Austin, by a couple of inches and at least 20 pounds. Welker is a little bigger than Austin, but not much. Why we can't find a way to get him more involved is beyond me, ya we put him in the backfield, but I think that is just dumb, we can't even get him open as a receiver, but we are going to run him in between the tackles?

Maybe he just isn't big enough to play in the NFL, but maybe he will bulk up a bit, he needs to try something.

Obviously he shows great talent when returning punts, we need to find a way to get him open on offensive plays, he. Oils be really really good, but than again we may never find out:noidea:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not an OC, an actor that plays one on TV or even stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but even I know that it may be a good idea to put in a few more plays that get Tavon open in space so that he can make a play. The new OC is more than welcome to steal this play from me and use it as many times as he would like.

Draw play in the dirt with a stick. Set up 2 rocks on the outside with Austin rock in the slot. 1 rock at TB and another at TE. Send Quick and Britt(or Bailey if Britt not signed) rocks on fly patterns. Have Cook rock also run a fly pattern so middle opens up. Put Austin rock in motion and cross over middle where Bradford or whoever is at QB rock hit Austin rock in stride over the middle. Watch Austin rock run really fast while defense tries to catch up. This play can also be drawn on a chalk board if they don't want to use sticks and rocks. I would think a real OC could be more creative but this play will work.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know that Austin has been underutilized and we let Amendola go and traded up to get Austin and then barely used him as has been adequately chronicled by all of us. When he had a big gainer, we seldom saw the same play later as posed by Smed and others. Perhaps Cignetti will unleash Austin as outlined by Smed, Vita, Chy, SJ76, and others and finally develop an offense that has power AND speed.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a promotion! Let's interview everyone else and nobody wants the job, then promote you!!

We actually only interviewed Hackett... everyone else we wanted to interview either was hired by someone else before our interview or we were told no.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Junior is going to surprise a lot of you guys!

He actually may be the reason Brian left in the first place because I think Fisher had this in mind all along.

It's funny how a lot of you guys want the Rams to drop their losing mentality when that's all we have for one another for the most part.

A few more holes plugged this season, our fingers crossed for good health and a more than probable softer schedule than last year outside of our division of course.

I have high expectations!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
e actually only interviewed Hackett... everyone else we wanted to interview either was hired by someone else before our interview or we were told no.

Why were we told no?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why were we told no?

By that I meant about Van Pelt and Chudzinski

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an article on the Bleacher Report where the Rams are admitting failure for not signing any of the top OC's and having to settle for Cignetti. The Bleacher Report is not the most reliable sports news venue so I suppose you can take it with a grain of salt, perhaps.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an article on the Bleacher Report where the Rams are admitting failure for not signing any of the top OC's and having to settle for Cignetti. The Bleacher Report is not the most reliable sports news venue so I suppose you can take it with a grain of salt, perhaps.
I've said it before and I'll say it again....

What a rag BR is and what a hack of a story, pure fiction.

The author never provides any actual Rams admission, so it's just a bunch of fluff.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before and I'll say it again....

What a rag BR is and what a hack of a story, pure fiction.

The author never provides any actual Rams admission, so it's just a bunch of fluff.

It's essentially just a fan blog. Definitely some questionable writing and weak "reporting" there, have to take it with a grain of salt really.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but if Cignetti was their #1 guy, they would not have wasted a lot of time on this hiring.

It is what it is. Hopefully the guy watched Schotty and saw a few things he can do better, along with what not to do.