• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christmas games

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls get the Lakers?

Fuck, Lakers bore me

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with the SA/Dal game will predict that LA/Chi will draw higher ratings....just how it is with large market teams even if the champs are included.

It will be between the Cavs vs. Heat and Lakers vs. Bulls.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls get the Lakers?

Fuck, Lakers bore me

really? I don't mind watching the bad lakers team last yr. I enjoy pts and lakers don't play much d. add boozer and lin and we will see more pts

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kobe is healthy, the Lakers should come in at 40 wins or better. It doesn't take a lot to win the games against the weaker teams. Teams like the Bulls are really over-rated any way

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kobe is healthy, the Lakers should come in at 40 wins or better. It doesn't take a lot to win the games against the weaker teams. Teams like the Bulls are really over-rated any way

The problem is, their roster is inferior compared to the other powerhouses in the West - so even a healthy Kobe won't make them much better - the rest of their team is bad and they don't have the depth to compete with those other teams

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, their roster is inferior compared to the other powerhouses in the West - so even a healthy Kobe won't make them much better - the rest of their team is bad and they don't have the depth to compete with those other teams

Were not talking about championship runs - Lakers fans knows that won't happen, but I am talking about a decent showing in the standings and if Kobe everyone is healthy including Kobe, Boozer and Ugghh, Nash, then I think the Lakers can go out there get 45 wins. No I don't see them getting 50 or more, but 50% would be a decent showing for the caliber of players they got.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were not talking about championship runs - Lakers fans knows that won't happen, but I am talking about a decent showing in the standings and if Kobe everyone is healthy including Kobe, Boozer and Ugghh, Nash, then I think the Lakers can go out there get 45 wins. No I don't see them getting 50 or more, but 50% would be a decent showing for the caliber of players they got.

Maybe they can get to .500 but I'm very skeptical - they'll need all those players to have career years or close to it to have a legit shot at the playoffs - having Steve Nash as the starting PG at age 40 is something that I think carries a huge risk - if he gets hurt and he's in and out of the lineup, that could hurt some of the chemistry - we'll see

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they can get to .500 but I'm very skeptical - they'll need all those players to have career years or close to it to have a legit shot at the playoffs - having Steve Nash as the starting PG at age 40 is something that I think carries a huge risk - if he gets hurt and he's in and out of the lineup, that could hurt some of the chemistry - we'll see

I really don't think that will be as hard as you think. The NBA is not all that talented right now any way in my opinion and a really weak league. In the Eastern Conference you have four teams that have a chance at going to the finals and the other 11 teams are garbage - that should net them 22 wins right there. In the Western Conference the top 8 teams are slightly better, the the remaining 7 teams are garbage and that is easily another 15 wins, and then slip in some ones off the quality teams.

If Kobe is healthy he can carry the team with Boozer. Boozer got a raw deal in Chicago and is a better player than last year's stats indicate. Give Randle some playing time, Jordan Hill and Nick Young will be better this year.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think that will be as hard as you think. The NBA is not all that talented right now any way in my opinion and a really weak league. In the Eastern Conference you have four teams that have a chance at going to the finals and the other 11 teams are garbage - that should net them 22 wins right there. In the Western Conference the top 8 teams are slightly better, the the remaining 7 teams are garbage and that is easily another 15 wins, and then slip in some ones off the quality teams.

If Kobe is healthy he can carry the team with Boozer. Boozer got a raw deal in Chicago and is a better player than last year's stats indicate. Give Randle some playing time, Jordan Hill and Nick Young will be better this year.

That's pretty easy to say, what happens if they have injuries or they struggle, there's no guarantee they're going to win all those games against Eastern Conference teams, especially when you consider travel and how tired they may be on certain nights - b2b's make a difference and with an older team, there will be nights where they play teams worse than them but might not win because it's second games of back to backs and being tired is a factor

For a team with a lot of questions, I just don't see how you can guarantee wins against inferior teams, while they're not as bad as some of those other teams, they're not great either, so it's no guarantee that they just run over all those teams

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty easy to say, what happens if they have injuries or they struggle, there's no guarantee they're going to win all those games against Eastern Conference teams, especially when you consider travel and how tired they may be on certain nights - b2b's make a difference and with an older team, there will be nights where they play teams worse than them but might not win because it's second games of back to backs and being tired is a factor

For a team with a lot of questions, I just don't see how you can guarantee wins against inferior teams, while they're not as bad as some of those other teams, they're not great either, so it's no guarantee that they just run over all those teams

If they have injuries then they are screwed, they only have 16 back to back games this year and you're right - no guarantees in life except one thing. When you get married - your wife is the boss. That's the only guarantee.