• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christine Michael - Worth Owning?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have Rob Housler as my TE2 and he's likely not gonna be playing for awhile, so I need to drop him. I've been following Michael and the guy just keeps impressing, and has distanced himself from Robert Turbin as Lynch's backup. Lynch dealt with back issues all last year, and he has a lot of carries under his belt. Am I jumping the gun picking up Michael this soon?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one, am not sold on Lynch. Cutting to the chase, he looks "old" when he runs (to me) which is not good when you're only 27. He peaked last year (which was nice to see), but I don't see him having the same kind of year. (If your best season comes at age 27, then I don't see it getting better.)

So I'd give Michael a shot. Sure. If you have the bench space.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked up Michael over the weekend in my draft, the kid is very impressive and I just don't see how the Hawks don't find a way to get him in there. If he impresses in the final pre-season game, which I think he will, he will be Lynch's handcuff.

I think he is a great late draft pick up to stash on your bench.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy only has fantasy value if Lynch goes down. Same is true of a lot of guys. If you believe the talent and own Lynch, it's reasonable insurance. If you don't have Lynch you're only drafting Michael in the hopes a) Lynch goes down (missed 8 games in six years) or b) as trade bait.

But trade bait with only one potential trading partner seems like a waste of time, with the possible exception of Tate, since there's a mass hallucination that Tate's a must-have if you drafted Foster.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went ahead and dropped Housler and picked him up. I now have 3 handcuffs on my bench - Michael, Bryce Brown and Knile Davis. Man, I hope Charles and Lynch go down. I'm not as sold on Brown as I once was, but he looks a lot better than Polk as far as running ability.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had him on my watch list and decided to pick him up for a stash. It's a crapshoot, but we'll see what happens.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should also say, this is a keeper league, so if something bad were to happen to Lynch this year he could be valuable for several years.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allowed to drop and pick-up players before the season even starts??

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just doesn't seem right to be able to do so without the season starting yet. Should have at least 1 game in the bag so the teams that are 0-1 have first dibbs on players.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just doesn't seem right to be able to do so without the season starting yet. Should have at least 1 game in the bag so the teams that are 0-1 have first dibbs on players.

We're in a capitalistic league cuz this is 'Murrica!

Hell, for the league that I'm the commissioner of, I disabled all waivers so throughout the year, if a guy is on the waiver wire, you can pick him up immediately no matter what. Makes things more competitive because you can't sit there and rely on your waiver order to help you get guys that someone else had the initiative to go after.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell, for the league that I'm the commissioner of, I disabled all waivers so throughout the year, if a guy is on the waiver wire, you can pick him up immediately no matter what. Makes things more competitive because you can't sit there and rely on your waiver order to help you get guys that someone else had the initiative to go after.
If that's the case, have a blind bidding system. Start each owner with about $200.00 in (fake) money with 5 bucks being the minimum amount you can bid on a player. Once you're out of cash no more pick-ups. Obviously it's harder to do this if you're not using an online method of keeping track of bids. Plus this way it's going to cost the owner if he wants to drop a D or K for one week and pick it up the next (if they're still there). Makes it more strategic if you to decide if you want to bid 50 bucks on a break-out player (Alfred Morris, example) after only one or 2 good games.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell, for the league that I'm the commissioner of, I disabled all waivers so throughout the year, if a guy is on the waiver wire, you can pick him up immediately no matter what. Meares vents s more competitive because you can't sit there and rely on your waiver order to help you get guys that someone else had the initiative to go after.

How do you deal with the fact that doing it the way you have gives a distinct advantage to league members who are available to be off & watching/tracking the games versus someone who might have to work or otherwise be unable to immediately react to in-game events? At least with a waiver period it gives all teams the availability to put in a claim.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, have a blind bidding system. Start each owner with about $200.00 in (fake) money with 5 bucks being the minimum amount you can bid on a player. Once you're out of cash no more pick-ups. Obviously it's harder to do this if you're not using an online method of keeping track of bids. Plus this way it's going to cost the owner if he wants to drop a D or K for one week and pick it up the next (if they're still there). Makes it more strategic if you to decide if you want to bid 50 bucks on a break-out player (Alfred Morris, example) after only one or 2 good games.

We're doing that in another league I'm in. It's alright, and it does make it a bit more strategic, but it still doesn't keep guys from leaning on the waiver system over guys who are more attentive and up on what's going on.

How do you deal with the fact that doing it the way you have gives a distinct advantage to league members who are available to be off & watching/tracking the games versus someone who might have to work or otherwise be unable to immediately react to in-game events? At least with a waiver period it gives all teams the availability to put in a claim.

Nobody in my league works on Sundays and only one of them has a kid, and his wife is awesome about letting him watch football on Sundays. Plus, we all have smart phones with Yahoo! apps nowadays.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're doing that in another league I'm in. It's alright, and it does make it a bit more strategic, but it still doesn't keep guys from leaning on the waiver system over guys who are more attentive and up on what's going on.

Nobody in my league works on Sundays and only one of them has a kid, and his wife is awesome about letting him watch football on Sundays. Plus, we all have smart phones with Yahoo! apps nowadays.

Very nice! Wish we lived in a world where we were all off Sundays! ;-)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a name like that, at least you know he's tough. (Or he's a possessed '58 Plymouth.)

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're doing that in another league I'm in. It's alright, and it does make it
a bit more strategic, but it still doesn't keep guys from leaning on the waiver
system over guys who are more attentive and up on what's going on
But a blind bidding system from Monday and ends Friday still gives everyone a fair equal chance of getting a player. I'd rather it be that way "Ohhhhhhhhhh sorry, your were 4 seconds late with your submission" because I was taking a piss.

It's all good, man. Sorry to derail the thread.....good luck this year.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But a blind bidding system from Monday and ends Friday still gives everyone a fair equal chance of getting a player. I'd rather it be that way "Ohhhhhhhhhh sorry, your were 4 seconds late with your submission" because I was taking a piss.

It's all good, man. Sorry to derail the thread.....good luck this year.

No worries at all, and I definitely understand what you're saying. My main reason for getting rid of the waivers is for when we're watching a game on Sunday and you find out your starting RB gets hurt, for example. If you're paying attention, you can run in and grab his backup if he's a FA and not have to worry about waiting for someone else to find out later that the starter got hurt and put in a claim 6 hours later and get him over the guy who was paying attention. Or if some unknown WR busts out, you can go grab him right away instead of waiting for other guys who aren't paying attention to find out about it later. Ya know?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put it another way, I prefer a system that rewards strategic fans instead of protecting lazy ones. It could bite me in the ass if I'm not paying attention, but I still like it.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like working 3rd shift would be best for your league. The rest of the dudes are sleeping while you're up finding out the test results of those who left the game injured.

:sly: