• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christine Michael possibly available?

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I wonder if the parents of children with these kinds of names simply can't spell, and the nurses end up naming them accidentally. For example, maybe he was really supposed to be a Christian Michael. Just a theory.

Or they were hell bent on having a girl...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be our lead back by the end of camp if we deal for him before the first preseason game.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for Bell, Abdullah, and possibly Riddick, I'm sure he would.

:doobs:.

He is stuck behind Lynch. Arguably the best RB in the NFL.

Bell is considered our starter and the 4th best RB in the NFC north :pound:

Wouldn't take much time at all to climb to the top of our depth chart.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Abdullah is already worse than a guy who is being discussed as maybe being a former Seahawk soon because he hasn't lived up to his draft status? Harsh.

Bell is better than Michael right now because he's proven himself at the NFL level. Michael has much better measurables and a much higher ceiling, but he's all potential so far. I'd be more than happy to be the team to give him the chance to realize that potential, but this late in the offseason it would make a lot more sense to ease him in as a depth back, rather than trying to count on him to carry a big load right away. We already have a 'between-the-tackles' veteran back who is familiar with the scheme, so why not use up another season out of him and keep Michael fresh and limit his miles until he's ready to be a dependable, every-down back for us (in this entirely hypothetical scenario we're arguing about.)?

I really like the guy and think he could be a stud RB for a lot of teams, but until he shows something more he's in the same boat as a Broyles or Ebron or Van Noy...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

James Starks is 4th best in the division.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guy who is being discussed as maybe being a former Seahawk soon because he hasn't lived up to his draft status? Harsh.

I don't think that he isn't living up to his draft status i think its more he is a diva and rubs both his coaches and teammates the wrong way kinda sounds like Titus Young light, but Seattle's scouts should have known that.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Abdullah is already worse than a guy who is being discussed as maybe being a former Seahawk soon because he hasn't lived up to his draft status? Harsh.

He would play the same role as Bell and offer a lot more upside as Bell is coming off an achilles injury and those are brutal to come back from. Even with modern technology. Riddick and Abdullah are in the same role.

I'd be more than happy to be the team to give him the chance to realize that potential, but this late in the offseason it would make a lot more sense to ease him in as a depth back, rather than trying to count on him to carry a big load right away.

What do you mean.... Late in the off season? Training camp is still a couple weeks away. RB is one of the easiest positions to learn in the NFL. It's not like CB, MLB or WR.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that he isn't living up to his draft status i think its more he is a diva and rubs both his coaches and teammates the wrong way kinda sounds like Titus Young light, but Seattle's scouts should have known that.

I've never heard anything like this about Michael, unless you're talking about Lynch?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael > Winn

Thats all that matters. They can figure out who is better than who when they hit field. I just can not see why the Seahawks would get rid of him when Lynch could quit at any time.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would play the same role as Bell and offer a lot more upside as Bell is coming off an achilles injury and those are brutal to come back from. Even with modern technology. Riddick and Abdullah are in the same role.

What do you mean.... Late in the off season? Training camp is still a couple weeks away. RB is one of the easiest positions to learn in the NFL. It's not like CB, MLB or WR.
Late in the offseason as in the offseason is 85% over. He'd have to learn the whole offense in a hurry if he's going to be the lead back right from the get-go.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael > Winn

Thats all that matters.
They can figure out who is better than who when they hit field. I just can not see why the Seahawks would get rid of him when Lynch could quit at any time.
Winner winner chicken dinner. If he's better than our worst RB, then he'd be an upgrade and a good addition...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if it is Michael, Bell or whoever -- the OL has to play much, much better than they did last year, because you can't run the ball successfully if you don't have holes to run through (unless you are barry sanders).

If our OL opens up holes. We can put any number of guys in the backfield and they would be successful, as teams are still dropping their safeties way off the line of scrimmage to limit Calvin and Tate.

That being said -- if Seattle would take a 7th rounder for Michael -- I would do that in a heartbeat.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb_ass.jpg
=
ebron-article-073014.jpg

220px-Christine_Michael_2014.jpg
SMARTER?? :thumb:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way you guys are getting Michael after that Tate gig.

Michael has been groomed for some time.

Michael has the toughness and explosive speed after the line we love.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way you guys are getting Michael after that Tate gig.

Michael has been groomed for some time.

Michael has the toughness and explosive speed after the line we love.

Come on.... The Seahawks could just develop players for us. We need help in that department anyways.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it is pronounced same as "Kristen".
My perspective on CM is that he has had plenty of chances to pass Turbin on the depth chart but has not been able to overcome that hurdle. Whenever he had has an opportunity to jump ahead, some minor injury stalls that plan. Same thing happened in recent OTA's with Turbin recovering from a surgery and Lynch becomes a spectator. Rawls shined. I don't think the team views CM as tough.
A friend of a friend who is pals with one of the Seahawk players says CM has not shown the "smarts" to play the position. It requires more than just taking a hand off and running towards daylight.
Seahawk fans were excited when the team drafted CM, even though the team was not desperate for a RB. Considering Seattle is a run Marshawn 1st team, and neither CM or Turbin gets much action, maybe a trade netting the Seahawks more than a 6th or 7th might happen. Any injuries to RBs on other teams could foster some interest in Mr. Michael.
The rumor about UDFA Thomas Rawls is true. What the coaches like is he is a hard nosed runner in similar fashion to Lynch. Pete seems to like his style and it is possible Pete is trying to build a fire under CM.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it is pronounced same as "Kristen".
My perspective on CM is that he has had plenty of chances to pass Turbin on the depth chart but has not been able to overcome that hurdle. Whenever he had has an opportunity to jump ahead, some minor injury stalls that plan. Same thing happened in recent OTA's with Turbin recovering from a surgery and Lynch becomes a spectator. Rawls shined. I don't think the team views CM as tough.
A friend of a friend who is pals with one of the Seahawk players says CM has not shown the "smarts" to play the position. It requires more than just taking a hand off and running towards daylight.
Seahawk fans were excited when the team drafted CM, even though the team was not desperate for a RB. Considering Seattle is a run Marshawn 1st team, and neither CM or Turbin gets much action, maybe a trade netting the Seahawks more than a 6th or 7th might happen. Any injuries to RBs on other teams could foster some interest in Mr. Michael.
The rumor about UDFA Thomas Rawls is true. What the coaches like is he is a hard nosed runner in similar fashion to Lynch. Pete seems to like his style and it is possible Pete is trying to build a fire under CM.

Interesting info from an insider. So I should drop him on my keeper?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not any better than Christine.

In fact, it's less elegant.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not any better than Christine.

depends on if we're talking about "Christine the car in that movie" or some crazy ass bech named Christine that gives great .... well... ya know