• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christine Michael will add POP!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 attempts - 201 yds - lng 44 yds in his freshman year '09

Over a 20 yard average on punt returns?:omg:

If that is the case, I am sure he will be counted on to try out for that position.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
casey I concur. fordman84 avatar has got to be one of best. It's an eye magnet for sure!

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I asked in another thread, but I was curious if A&M ran a ZBS and sure enough they do. A perfect fit. A RB has to know the scheme and read their blocks and also look at the second level. THe fact that he has already played in this scheme is great news and I am sure one reason why PC and JS targeted him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bolded is a silly statement considering how many RBs have succeeded in the NFL despite past injury concerns. Gore, Portis, McGahee, AP, are examples off the top of my head who have had injury concerns and have performed at a very high level. Keep in mind, these are guys that have all-world talent as well, not just marginal talents. I consider Michael to be an above average RB with huge potential.

I'm sure that SEA FO is considering Lynch's replacement as Lynch has run with is bowling ball of butcher knives physical style for over a decade now and is probably going to start slowing down in the next few years. Michael is a complete back that just needs to mature a bit. Turbin isn't a RB that strikes fear in the hearts of the opposition. As a matter of fact, IMO if Turbin is still getting the lion's share of carries behind Lynch by the end of this season, then Michael still has some maturing to do still.

Yes but Christine Michael could never stay healthy enough to even exceed 170 carries in a college season. Frank Gore, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee and Adrian Peterson all managed to exceed that number.

As a matter of fact; Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee and Adrian Peterson all had at least one season in college in which they stayed healthy enough to carry the ball at least 220 times.

The only player you listed with a similar career to Christine Michael would be Frank Gore. So it is obviously not "unheard of", but it is certainly a huge risk. Most successful NFL running backs had at least managed to go an entire college season exceeding 900 yards and or 170 carries.

To add to one thing that was mentioned in the thread, I did notice at one point in his career Michael did return kicks and I would like to see him do that again.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Dred,

I think it is interesting that you don't think Robert Turbin strikes fear into defenses. I personally think that he is an identical player to Marshawn Lynch, but faster. Which is something I would also say about Christine Michael, which is why I find it interesting that you don't think Robert Turbin strikes fears into NFL defenses.

Personally I am more than happy with Robert Turbin being Marshawn Lynch's replacement in the future as I feel he will be a guy who can replicate Lynch's production, but Turbin is much better out of the backfield (That drop against SF in the 1st game was surprising from him) than Lynch is.

Although Lynch has produced in games out of the backfield and on screens, if you have ever watched him in practice he really has brick hands and I'm surprised he catches as well in-game as he does.

My opinion of Michael is that he has comparable talent to Robert Turbin and Marshawn Lynch but with huge durability problems, which leads me to suspect he will not amount to anything more than a 2nd stringer.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turbin isn't a Lynch clone. Yeah he'll move the pile, but not like Lynch does. Turbin is more a north south runner. Lynch can move east and west better . has better vision, but perhaps not the straight line speed Turbin has.

Michael has better east and west movement then Lynch, however he doesn't shed tackler like Lynch does, but he sheds tacklers better then Turbin IMO.

Now Micheal injury problems is a big concern. His first was a broken tibia...I think that's bad luck..just getting hit at a awkward moment. His second injury is more of a concern, a torn ACL. Now a days RBs recover from that rather nicely..AP being an example.

I think all three RB (Lynch, Turbin, Michaels) will be on the roster this season, we see how it plays out.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a severe smashmouth run the ball 1st team.
We are lucky to have all three. Each one of them is very capable of putting a hurt on a defense.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a severe smashmouth run the ball 1st team.
We are lucky to have all three. Each one of them is very capable of putting a hurt on a defense.

I agree, people seem to be reading a lot into this as to the personnel that is there right now, but it could just be reaffirming just how important the power run game is to our offense. If all are healthy, we have three backs who can not only lower the BOOM, but can also make you miss and gash you for big plays.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article about CM and what went into making their pick -

John Schneider: "(Christine Michael) was the top-rated player on our board." http://shwks.com/4xeu

#1 RB vertical leap (43 inches)
#1 RB cone (6.69 seconds)
#1 RB shuttle (4.02 seconds)
#9 RB 40-yard dash (4.43 seconds)
But #2 RB 40-yard dash for RB over 210 pounds.

Basically he floats like a butterfly, and stings like a locomotive.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me likey.

Seattle Seahawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised and a bit angered by this pick on draft day. The more video I watch and think about our offence I think it is a great pick. PC and JS know what they are doing on draft day.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I asked in another thread, but I was curious if A&M ran a ZBS and sure enough they do. A perfect fit. A RB has to know the scheme and read their blocks and also look at the second level. THe fact that he has already played in this scheme is great news and I am sure one reason why PC and JS targeted him.

I don't think he would have been as high on their board if he hadn't run behind a ZBS. That had to be high on their list of attributes a running back had to have to be drafted that high.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised and a bit angered by this pick on draft day. The more video I watch and think about our offence I think it is a great pick. PC and JS know what they are doing on draft day.

I was also taken back by the pick. In the past I've been surprised by who they took , but never the position the player played.

When they needed a OL they took Carpenter, I was surprised at the player, but not the position. When they took Irvin for a pass rusher, once again surprised at the player, but not the position.

When they took Michael, I was like...they took a running back...with their first pick? Really? WTF!:wtf2:

24 hours later I came around to the idea. The dude is going to be our next stud RB. He fits our system to a tee. At least that is what I hope for.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
turbin is a good back, but this kid in this system has a chance to be special and having two really great backs can't be a bad thing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 3 in rotation every game. Leon had a couple carries late in games. Turbin would have the majority of the 3rd qtr. Its up to Turbin and CM to compete for that featured back spot. I am happy with either. CM and Turbin's college highlight films are identical almost. Except, Turbin would line up wide at receiver. It will be interesting. He will definitely be a monster on special teams next year. Special teams equals points on the scoreboard that didn't fatigue yer offense to achieve! GENIUS!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article about CM and what went into making their pick -

John Schneider: "(Christine Michael) was the top-rated player on our board." http://shwks.com/4xeu

#1 RB vertical leap (43 inches)
#1 RB cone (6.69 seconds)
#1 RB shuttle (4.02 seconds)
#9 RB 40-yard dash (4.43 seconds)
But #2 RB 40-yard dash for RB over 210 pounds.

Hah hah good one.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn dui case is coming up June 21. If he gets suspended a couple of games ...I liking the idea of having both Turbin and Michael available.

Like WizardHawk said floats like a butterfly, and stings like a locomotive!:omg:

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe we drafted him because he was the best at his position on our board and we all know Pete is a Run first guy, so having a bunch of good running backs is a good thing. Having 2 let Washington go just for Salary Cap purposes, also gave us somewhat of a need at the running back spot, Christine dropped, we snagged him.

Also injuries for Christine will look brighter as he wont see a lot of playing time this year witch will give him time to get real healthy.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that Harvin also likes to run the ball and is also hard to tackle, so we have a multitude of options when it comes to running the ball... even more if you want to include Robinson and/or Ware (assuming Ware makes the team). This is a running game designed to run a defense over and exhaust them by the end of the game, making Wilson's job easier in the process. The more bruising, hard-to-tackle runners you can put back there the better. Besides... we know Marshawn is gonna get banged up from time-to-time and the more the team can limit the drop-off in production when he's not in there, the better off they'll be when he does have to take some plays off or his back acts up and he has to sit a game out.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't pay Harvin to risk getting hurt running the ball. Whole different game running after the catch in the secondary than trying to get through the big beef eating linemen of the league. Maybe the odd reverse, but I wouldn't rush him no matter what.