• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christine Michael will add POP!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael has that speed burst that Turbin lacks and will add POP! when getting past the line,below is a vid I lifted from syper over at ESPN.

As you can see after he get's past the line his burst or POP! kicks in,he has great cut and run rhythm as well,i like Turbin a lot but he just doesn't have that and that is why I think Pete and Co wanted Michael,he will be a very good running back.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Terrell Davis, that who he reminds me of.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got sideline speed in college, will definitely enjoy seeing if it carries to the NFL. Two years ago he was rock solid, then he started getting knicked up last year. I think he fell out of favor with Sumlin too.

I like the pick for you guys, especially where you got him. he does have another gear, that's for sure.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael has that speed burst that Turbin lacks

Christine Michael ran a 4.54 40 time.

Robert Turbin ran a 4.50 40 time.

I would be shocked to see Christine Michael placed higher on the depth chart than Robert Turbin. Not only is Turbin a superior player but he is less injury prone than Michael who has seemingly had a serious injury nearly every year in college. Not a good sign for a runningback.

In his senior year at A&M Christine Michael did not even have a 100 yard rushing game. Robert Turbin looked very good in his rookie year with the Seahawks, nothing that Michael has done would lead me to believe he is a better player.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah , well I think you can throw his senior year out the window. He didn't see eye to eye with the new staff and they responded by not playing him.

40 yard time is nice, but it doesn't really tell how a player moves laterally does it. Michaels got some really good lateral ability. That doesn't show up in the 40 yard dash. Think Terrell Davis.

Further more I can not believe the front office would pick a RB with their first pick unless they saw something special.
IMO RB was the last position I saw the Seahawks picking. After all we got Lynch who's a stud, we got Turbin who looks good, and then we can use Harvin on some running plays. The front office knows what they have on the roster , so why pick Michaels? Because he going to be a stud, thats why.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah , well I think you can throw his senior year out the window. He didn't see eye to eye with the new staff and they responded by not playing him.

40 yard time is nice, but it doesn't really tell how a player moves laterally does it. Michaels got some really good lateral ability. That doesn't show up in the 40 yard dash. Think Terrell Davis.

Further more I can not believe the front office would pick a RB with their first pick unless they saw something special.
IMO RB was the last position I saw the Seahawks picking. After all we got Lynch who's a stud, we got Turbin who looks good, and then we can use Harvin on some running plays. The front office knows what they have on the roster , so why pick Michaels? Because he going to be a stud, thats why.

True dat Harold! I think during his development, he's going to be a monster in our next years' legendary special teams. I see your opinion Sfan234, I scratch my head too.. Lynch was injury prone last year, missed a lot of practice. Luckily for us, he's the beast he is and plays thru the pain.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think my dislike of the Michael pick says more about how much I like Robert Turbin. I just don't feel like Christine Michael will be better than Robert Turbin.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he gets to go to the home of the real 12th man...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say as a Niner fan, I shuddered a bit when you guys drafted Michael. He's a great back, probably one of the most talented in this class, but whether he can mature a bit and get on the same page with PC will determine whether or not he is the 2nd RB by season's end. I think he is FAR more talented then Turbin.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say as a Niner fan, I shuddered a bit when you guys drafted Michael. He's a great back, probably one of the most talented in this class, but whether he can mature a bit and get on the same page with PC will determine whether or not he is the 2nd RB by season's end. I think he is FAR more talented then Turbin.

I disagree. Plus I shudder whenever I see running backs with injury concerns, which is something Christine Michael certainly has.

I feel as if Christine Michael and Robert Turbin are comparable in talent. I think that Turbin gets the edge because of his already impressive performance at the NFL level and the fact that he is much more durable.

I have to imagine that this was a move for the Seahawks to prepare for when Marshawn Lynch eventually declines/contract expires. What I think is that Christine Michael and Robert Turbin will compete for the starting roll once Lynch is gone but I have to imagine that Turbin would win the roll and until then will likely see more carries than Michael.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my dislike of the Michael pick says more about how much I like Robert Turbin. I just don't feel like Christine Michael will be better than Robert Turbin.

I like Turbin too, as do most all Seahawk fans. I understand you not liking the pick, but I think this guy will be a bigger threat and be more productive than RT when the dust settles.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Hey Dred (faded). I am sure Pete has spoken with CM, as have many Seahawk players too. He came up for a visit in March and he raved about wanting to be a Seahawk via twitter.

I love Turbin, but I agree that CM is a greater concern for our competition and I appreciate your shudder.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Plus I shudder whenever I see running backs with injury concerns, which is something Christine Michael certainly has.

I feel as if Christine Michael and Robert Turbin are comparable in talent. I think that Turbin gets the edge because of his already impressive performance at the NFL level and the fact that he is much more durable.

I have to imagine that this was a move for the Seahawks to prepare for when Marshawn Lynch eventually declines/contract expires. What I think is that Christine Michael and Robert Turbin will compete for the starting roll once Lynch is gone but I have to imagine that Turbin would win the roll and until then will likely see more carries than Michael.

The bolded is a silly statement considering how many RBs have succeeded in the NFL despite past injury concerns. Gore, Portis, McGahee, AP, are examples off the top of my head who have had injury concerns and have performed at a very high level. Keep in mind, these are guys that have all-world talent as well, not just marginal talents. I consider Michael to be an above average RB with huge potential.

I'm sure that SEA FO is considering Lynch's replacement as Lynch has run with is bowling ball of butcher knives physical style for over a decade now and is probably going to start slowing down in the next few years. Michael is a complete back that just needs to mature a bit. Turbin isn't a RB that strikes fear in the hearts of the opposition. As a matter of fact, IMO if Turbin is still getting the lion's share of carries behind Lynch by the end of this season, then Michael still has some maturing to do still.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Hey Dred (faded). I am sure Pete has spoken with CM, as have many Seahawk players too. He came up for a visit in March and he raved about wanting to be a Seahawk via twitter.

I love Turbin, but I agree that CM is a greater concern for our competition and I appreciate your shudder.

Very few things make me shudder. Here's the list:

1. Pissed off wife

2. My daughter's diaper exploding

3. Opposing teams with great draft picks.

Michael made the top 3.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Very few things make me shudder. Here's the list:

1. Pissed off wife

2. My daughter's diaper exploding

3. Opposing teams with great draft picks.

Michael made the top 3.

LOL.

I have suffered the shuddered wife syndrome myself and even though you are a 9er fan, I sympathize with your position as it making it to #1 on your list.

I have no daughter's, only son's and one has given us a spectacular grandson who does in fact explode on occasion. More sympathy here due to the fact if he explodes too much or too often, I have the luxury of contacting #1 son to immediately come over and take the time bomb away. A massive advantage that at this juncture of your life, you can only wish and hope you make it to my lofty position regarding all things crappy.

Lastly, I had prayed to the gods of football that SF team officials would make Minnesota Viking front office personell proud, by forgetting their draft position because they were busy playing video pong and completely got lost during the draft. This would have forced SF team officials to toss out their draft plans and end up selecting virtual PeeWee Herman triplets to play OC, DE, and DT with their 1st 3 picks.

Alas, no dream came true as SF had a solid draft.

caseycomb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got sideline speed in college, will definitely enjoy seeing if it carries to the NFL. Two years ago he was rock solid, then he started getting knicked up last year. I think he fell out of favor with Sumlin too.

I like the pick for you guys, especially where you got him. he does have another gear, that's for sure.

Dude, it's hard to talk football when I look at your avatar pic =)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Terrell Davis, that who he reminds me of.

At the moment, he's reminding me of Leon Washington, ironically. Special teams' TD's are like grand slams in football. If he pulls a couple of those out this season, while keeping Harvin's legs fresh for the offensive field, huge success in this first round pick. He has great field vision and burst speed. I wasn't excited first over this pick, I am now increasingly more and more. Go Hawks!

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still see Harvin running back kickoffs. Did Michaels do any punt returning?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please! Harvin is a WR not a KR!

I still see Harvin running back kickoffs. Did Michaels do any punt returning?

I really hope that Harvin isn't returning kicks. The last thing we need is our $8 million man hurt on a kick return. There are plenty of guys who can return kicks, even if we just have Will Blackmon do it. IDK. At this point, I would just prefer to get the ball on the 20 every possession than have Harvin return them.