• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christine Michael is a Cowboy

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,509.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than likely they were. The Boyz had to trade for him because they are #27 on the priority list. Didnt want to risk some other team snatching him up.

Oh I get it... Definitely worth the risk... I just wouldn't get my hopes up... He fumbles way too much for my liking...

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Anointed One, post: 7141467,

I just wouldn't get my hopes up... He fumbles way too much for my liking...[/QUOTE]

He just another RB added to the committee who has the opportunity of running behind the best Oline in football.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like win win trade to me. Cowboys get a player they can try to coach up and the Seahawks get some thing for a player they didn't have room for.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 7th is a throw away pick so in that regard I'm fine with the trade, but who does he replace, will Dallas carry 4 RB's at least through 4 games until Hardy and McClain return?

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 7th is a throw away pick so in that regard I'm fine with the trade, but who does he replace, will Dallas carry 4 RB's at least through 4 games until Hardy and McClain return?

In a season in which they seem to be thinking RB by committee, having 4 of them on the roster might not be a bad idea.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a season in which they seem to be thinking RB by committee, having 4 of them on the roster might not be a bad idea.

So you give them all 6 to 7 carries a game? How soon until they all start complaining about playing time.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you give them all 6 to 7 carries a game? How soon until they all start complaining about playing time.

I'm guessing you'll rarely see them all activated at the same time, and no, I don't think they'll split the carries evenly. They can complain if they want, but I doubt that becomes a major issue. I'm also guessing they currently like McFadden the most, but they'll ultimately go with the hot hand, which will probably be McFadden or Randle. I don't know about you, but there's no way I trust McFadden to stay healthy, and it wouldn't shock me if Randle of Dunbar get a little dinged-up. I think before the season is over, they're going to need to hand at least 4 backs the rock, granted some will see it more than other.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he a nice insurance policy for the Boys are will he be starting in the near future. I think Randle still gets first crack at RB1

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Randle would too until he got a little dinged-up, and McFadden played w/ the starters in that 3rd preseason game. McFadden w/ the starters, well minus Dez, looked right.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the move, but I'm not jumping for joy. He has flaws in his game.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Seahawks trade RB Christine Michael to Cowboys for draft pick
By John Breech | CBSSports.com

September 6, 2015 1:03 pm ET

The Dallas Cowboys were looking to add a running back before the regular season started and the Seahawks were looking to get rid of one, so the two teams made a deal.

Week 1 NFL picks

According to ESPN.com, the Seahawks traded running back Christine Michael to Dallas on Sunday in exchange for a conditional draft pick. The conditional pick will be a seventh-rounder, according to the Dallas Morning News.

CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora had reported on Friday that the Seahawks were exploring their trade options with Michael.

Michael became expendable in Seattle after the Seahawks agreed to terms on a one-year deal with former Bills running back Fred Jackson on Friday. The Seahawks also kept undrafted free agent Thomas Rawls on their roster, giving them even more depth at the position.

Teams trim rosters to final 53

For the Cowboys, the trade ends a week where Dallas was rumored to be in the market for any running back available. The Cowboys were reportedly in talks on Friday to acquire Broncos running back Montee Ball.

The third-year running back will be returning to his home state. Michael went to high school in Texas and played at Texas A&M before being taken by the Seahawks in the second of the 2013 NFL Draft.

Playing behind Marshawn Lynch, Michael never saw any serious playing time with the Seahawks. Although the 24-year-old's only rushed for 254 yards in his NFL career, he has averaged an impressive 4.9 yards per rushing attempt.

Christine-Michael-Cowboys-trade-09-06-15.png
Christine Michael is headed back to Texas. (USATSI)

A little more info

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's a conditional draft pick. Can't find the condition, but I'd assume it means if Dallas cuts him before a certain point on the season they get the pick back.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the move, but I'm not jumping for joy. He has flaws in his game.

With only 52 carries in the NFL ..does he have flaws or he is just not fully coached up yet I guess is the question.

Unless he has some major screw ups ..this guy looks like he could be a major part of our running game.
A north and south bruiser of a back that needs a good line to be successful. From what i read, he sounds like he could be the 2015 version of Marion Barber.

fingers crossed.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he makes the team (long term) I don't think he is ever put in a position to get Romo killed, until he can pass protect.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he makes the team (long term) I don't think he is ever put in a position to get Romo killed, until he can pass protect.

I've read where he has improved in pass protection, that's not saying he's good at it.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Examining the Dallas Cowboys' trade for Christine Michael

6_3841656.png
(Photo: Steven Bisig, USA TODAY Sports)
On Sunday, the Dallas Cowboys acquired running back Christine Michael from the Seattle Seahawks.

Let's examine the acquisition.

To get Michael, the Cowboys shipped over a conditional seventh-round pick from the upcoming 2016 NFL draft to the Seahawks. If Michael makes the game-day roster three times, the pick officially goes to Seattle, per ESPN's Todd Archer. In order to make room for Michael on the 53-man roster, the Cowboys had to waive defensive end Lavar Edwards.

Michael, 24, was selected by the Seahawks in the second round of the 2013 NFL Draft out of Texas A&M. In his four years at College Station, Michael rushed for 2,791 yards on 529 attempts equating to 5.2 yards per carry. Michael also had a total of 34 total rushing touchdowns.

In his two years with the Seahawks, Michael nearly maintained that same yards-per-carry mark with 4.9 — 52 rushes for 254 yards. Michael backed up Pro Bowl running back Marshawn Lynch and was also behind running back Robert Turbin on the depth chart.

At 5-10, 221 lbs., Michael does a lot of things well which the Cowboys are excited about. For starters, the Texas native isn't afraid to throw a block in pass protection. Check him out blowing up Chiefs linebacker Dee Ford during preseason in the video embedded below.

Look out.

Michael should fit in nicely with the Cowboys committee of running backs as the short-yardage/goal line back — his compact body and strength brings something different to the table. Michael's pretty shifty at the line of scrimmage and has quick feet. Check him out putting the moves on Seahawks starting linebacker Bruce Irvin in the video embedded below.

With elusiveness like that, he might find his way to the top of the Cowboys depth chart very soon. But while the Cowboys do have three talented backs on the roster — Darren McFadden, Joseph Randle, Lance Dunbar — Michael should be able to come in and compete for some significant playing time.

One unknown to Michael's game is his receiving ability. This is an area which Dunbar exceeds in for the Cowboys. However, Michael really hasn't been given much of a chance to showcase his pass-catching skills throughout his career and the Cowboys might be able to put him to work in that department.

Overall, the acquisition of Michael is smart for the Cowboys, especially considering what the club gave up. A seventh-round pick? That's practically nothing for the former early round pick. Micael would have also been buried on the Seahawks depth chart behind Lynch and newly acquired running back Fred Jackson so it's a win-win.

Michael has a lot of untapped potential right now. It's time to see why the Seahawks originally drafted him in the second round.

Player profile
Twitter: @Cmike33
Number: 33 (Seahawks)
Date of birth: 11/9/1990
Hometown: Beaumont, TX
Height and weight: 5'10", 221 lbs.
Position: RB
College: Texas A&M
NFL Draft: 2013 — Round 2, pick No. 62
Past teams: Seahawks (2013-2015)
Career stats: 14 games played, 254 rushing yards, 4.9 YPC, 12 receiving yards
Remaining contract: two years / $1,576,917

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ran a 4.53 at the combine, a 4.33 handheld at TAM. Either way, good spread for a 220 lb guy