• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christian Covington signed

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good depth added along the DL. 1 year deal. 1.75 m. 625,000 Guaranteed. Good contract for us, he will compete in camp.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started all 16 games with the Cowboys last year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker might have got his walking papers.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After four years with the Texans, he played with the Dallas Cowboys last year. The 6-foot-2, 305-pound Covington had 3.5 sacks in 2018.

His one-year contract with the Broncos includes $625,000 so the team is planning on him making their final 53-man roster. (First reported by NFL reporter Adam Caplan).

Covington will join a defensive front that also includes veterans Jurrell Casey, Shelby Harris, Dre’Mont Jones, Mike Purcell and recent third-round draft pick McTelvin Agim.

Covington’s signing likely means DeMarcus Walker, a second-round draft pick in 2017, and current defensive lineman Jonathan Harris are underdogs to make the 53-man roster. Walker is entering the fourth and final season of his rookie contract that is scheduled to pay him a non-guaranteed $1.157 million

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is Klis by the way

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started all 16 games with the Cowboys last year.

Nah

He started 6 due to injuries. He isn’t someone you want starting.

Can compete for a depth spot.

We love former Texans.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covington is another lineman who runs pretty fast for his size.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Purcell will be a NT - is he rotating with all the other guys?

I could see Fangio playing Purcell for 1st and 2nd downs and mix and matching 6 guys for obvious passing downs - so he can have 3 interior rushers along with Chubb and Miller rushing the passer on those plays.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Houston Texans DI Christian Covington suffered a season-ending elbow injury in his team's 41-38 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in Week 8. Covington was having a breakout year; his season grade of 83.2 ranked 26th among all interior defenders through eight weeks.
  • Covington was in the midst of an excellent day against the Seahawks, posting an impressive 89.9 run-defense grade in the game before getting hurt. He had been a force in the run game all year, ranking 21st among all interior defenders with a run-defense grade of 84.4 for the season.
  • The former sixth-round pick of the Texans had also made strides as a pass-rusher, notching a pass-rush productivity score of 9.3, which ranked ninth among 3-4 defensive ends.
9. CHRISTIAN COVINGTON

The former sixth rounder has only played 1,115 snaps over his four seasons, either due to strictly being a rotational piece or because of injuries.

Surrounded by the likes of J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney, Covington had opportunities to take advantage of many one-on-ones, and he has demonstrated the ability to do in his relatively small sample size, earning a pass-rush productivity of 8.1 in 2018, 19th-best among defensive tackles in 2018. The 25-year-old could be a prime candidate for a breakout in 2019 with the right fit and opportunity.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 3 NT/DE players. and one NT.

and 1 DE Harris He stunk at NT

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he switching to become a LT?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more than fine withe what we have at DL going into the season.

Dre’Mont Jones is gonna be big for us this year, IMO.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah

He started 6 due to injuries. He isn’t someone you want starting.

Can compete for a depth spot.

We love former Texans.

My bad. #PumpFakeNews

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker might have got his walking papers.

Shouldn't happen. Going into this Training Camp he finally has had a full season and a full off season of playing his natural position at his natural weight. If he flops he flops, but he is poised to finally show why he was drafted. He should be one of those 'break out' players. Too bad that if it happens then he'll be yet another D lineman looking great in a contract year, possibly to be signed away by someone else. But that's what happens when you hire a shitty Head Coach, I guess.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised people don't show Walker more love going into this season. He was actually pretty decent last year before his injury and now everyone is quick to think he is going to be gone. I understand he is far from a sure bet, but have a little confidence in him after showing a lil something last year prior to the ankle injury. He was putting the pressure on. I feel like he at least earned that type of respect going into this offseason. Strong work ethic, great teammate... Lets root for him to build off his success he started to flash last season. The bright side of Walker to me is that he got a lot better last year as oppose to sitting around like a stiff wasted draft pick. There are a lot of positives to be encouraged with him going into this year.

The game I went to when they shut out the Titans I would have probably given the MVP of the game to Walker. He had two sacks in the game and put a lot of pressure on Mariota and Tannehill when he came into the game... One was with the Titans driving for a touchdown that really sealed the game for Denver late. (ended up shutting them out too) Followed it up with another good week the following week, then had the ankle injury and missed several games, until the end of the season, where he was still not at 100%. He had a little groove going though...

Although he hasn't lived up to his 2nd round status in his 3rd year he has showed promise... I am really rooting for this guy. Like I said, he works very hard, has a great motor and is well loved by his teammates.

Guys like Demarcus Walker and DaeSean Hamilton are people I really root for to succeed... Hard workers, good role model, who keep their nose clean and their nose to the grind. Plus we invested something into them.. I wanna see them at least play through that first contract in Denver if at all possible. If someone else helps us more, then fine.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT DRE'MONT JONES GOING INTO THIS YEAR... FOR REAL, FOR REAL!!!!

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 3 NT/DE players. and one NT.

and 1 DE Harris He stunk at NT

A few years ago we went with only one NT and it drove me nuts. If we put teams in a bad enough spot on third down that they rarely if ever try to run to convert, fine. You can use a DE in there. But if a team gets on a roll running the ball then the D line wears out. We don't have to have an all star 2nd string NT but I think we do actually have to have one.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised people don't show Walker more love going into this season. He was actually pretty decent last year before his injury and now everyone is quick to think he is going to be gone. I understand he is far from a sure bet, but have a little confidence in him after showing a lil something last year prior to the ankle injury. He was putting the pressure on. I feel like he at least earned that type of respect going into this offseason. Strong work ethic, great teammate... Lets root for him to build off his success he started to flash last season. The bright side of Walker to me is that he got a lot better last year as oppose to sitting around like a stiff wasted draft pick. There are a lot of positives to be encouraged with him going into this year.

The game I went to when they shut out the Titans I would have probably given the MVP of the game to Walker. He had two sacks in the game and put a lot of pressure on Mariota and Tannehill when he came into the game... One was with the Titans driving for a touchdown that really sealed the game for Denver late. (ended up shutting them out too) Followed it up with another good week the following week, then had the ankle injury and missed several games, until the end of the season, where he was still not at 100%. He had a little groove going though...

Although he hasn't lived up to his 2nd round status in his 3rd year he has showed promise... I am really rooting for this guy. Like I said, he works very hard, has a great motor and is well loved by his teammates.

Guys like Demarcus Walker and DaeSean Hamilton are people I really root for to succeed... Hard workers, good role model, who keep their nose clean and their nose to the grind. Plus we invested something into them.. I wanna see them at least play through that first contract in Denver if at all possible. If someone else helps us more, then fine.

You nailed it.

I brought it up because Dre'Mont Jones is safe, Agim is safe, Shelby Harris is safe, Purcell is safe and we know Jurrell Casey is safe. I don't see Walker as safe as the other guys, but add to that Covington who actually got guaranteed money. Adding an asset like Covington to the Dline -with guaranteed money kind of begs the questions - why not an OT? Or, why not an ILB?

I think this is Fangio motivating Walker to not take anything for granted and I think Fangio knows how to motivate.