• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris sale. This is getting ridiculous.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if its by wins, cole and sale have 7 combined. both hard luck so far. wins is a shit measure, as i watched matt fucking barnes blow another sale W.

Agreed wins and era obviously both don’t tell the whole story.

But there’s a lot of guys with far more wins/better eras that still have other good supporting numbers that I think will make it too tough for Sale to get the nod.

Especially if someone like Verlander stays on track.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strikeouts! The pitcher equivalent of shiny objects for stupid fans. May as well; home runs and strikeouts are all the dumb fans care about.

Also, how rare is it that a Red Sox or Yankee isn’t in the AS Game? Complete popularity contest and nothing else.
You'd have a point in an N=1, but strikeouts also represent virtually automatic outs (along with infield pops) and don't rely on the defense at all. They are very valuable. I legit do not even comprehend how anyone watching baseball for any length of time can think otherwise as velocity is now high everywhere.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, yes! The annual Chris Sale Is Going To Win The Cy Young, MVP, Gold Glove, Batting Title and Silver Slugger Awards from Rock.

Just a matter of time until Sale breaks down in the 2nd half, or the Indians break one off in his ass.
This guy is one wardrobe malfunction away from, well a malfunction

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many ways to skin a cat to be fair, but the most straightforward way is to not allow baserunners is not to allow them to make contact at all- in the strikezone. This is a plenty viable strategy an era where velocity as consistently high as it is.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has at least one all star per rules
Which is stupid. Its the MLB version of a participation trophy. I grew up watching some really really bad baseball and there were times the Indians probably shouldn't have had anyone on the all-star team. So, we got Doug Jones

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many ways to skin a cat to be fair, but the most straightforward way is to not allow baserunners is not to allow them to make contact at all- in the strikezone. This is a plenty viable strategy an era where velocity as consistently high as it is.
why thank you, baseball fan.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you skin cats? I never got that?

Are you a chinaman????

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trevor Bauer is not on the All-Star team I am done with baseball. Done!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd have a point in an N=1, but strikeouts also represent virtually automatic outs (along with infield pops) and don't rely on the defense at all. They are very valuable. I legit do not even comprehend how anyone watching baseball for any length of time can think otherwise as velocity is now high everywhere.
im dumbfounded as well. its the perfect way to eliminate a batter or chance at a baserunner/run.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only they handed out awards based on cherry picked stats, huh? Sale would be loaded with CYs.
those arent picked stats. theyre hard metrics.

do you know how trends work in statistics/data sets?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, its "stupid" to prefer no contact, no ball in play, and an out vs a chance at an error?

a strikeout eliminates the batter entirely. errors happen. k's eliminate errors mostly (sans a passed ball). sale has prevented 120 guys form making contact and putting a ball in play.

K's are not home runs.

Agreed. As I read his post, I was hoping that somehow we was talking about wins, but I don't think he was.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chris%2Bsale%2Bmeme.png