• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Pronger Enters Hall of Fame

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight at 8 PM eastern.

Hard to believe, considering he's still signed to an Nhl contract, but he hasn't played in three full seasons and that makes him eligible. What can you say? He was probably the most feared and hated defenseman of all-time.

Quite frankly, the 2010 playoff run was the most significant moment in Flyers' history in my lifetime and I thank Chris Pronger for his part in that. The postseason didn't end the way we had hoped, but in many ways the 4-3 series win over Boston was more extraordinary than winning a Cup.

I remember being at game 3 of the finals and seeing Giroux win it in OT. It could've easily gone the other way in game 6 and then anything was possible in the 7th game. The next time we get to the finals, I'll be there.

Of course his career ended in such a terrible way with all of the post-concussion issues, but I don't think Pronger wants anyone to feel sorry for him. He did it his way and he now lives with the consequences, so I salute him for that. Congratulations!! :clap:

Nicklas Lidstrom, Chris Pronger: Two polar opposites, one Hall of Fame

SI Vault feature: The painful end of Chris Pronger's career

Last edited:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was one of the very few defensemen that could play any style at any time - he could beat you with his offense and if you wanted to play physical, he would do it better than anyone

It's unfortunate that his career ended the way it did, I have no doubt that if he didn't get high sticked, he'd still be playing - he was in great shape and was still playing great right up to that injury

Welcome to the Hall, Prongs!

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBC had him,Lidstrom,Federov and Houseley ,talking about their careers on Saturday night.

It was hard as hell to stay focused ,as Federov looked and talked like he had missed his afternoon nap.
Congrats to these guys!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still say he was overrated as a flyer :thumb: :wink:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to have him in 2010. What I'd do to go back.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Forever grateful for his contributions to that 2010 run. A few different bounces in game 6 and who knows...
Wish he was still playing. Also, didn't know he was of Finnish descent!