• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris McAlister broke

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Given the situation, its entirely possible he's hiding some money to get the payments reduced. Probably some combination of the two......doesn't have nearly as much money as he should, but not totally broke.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Ravens DB Chris McAlister claims he is already broke - Shutdown Corner - NFLBlog - Yahoo! Sports

What an idiot. Also, how the hell does he owe 11,000 a month for child support? What kind of kid needs that much money from ONE parent?

I remember being surprised after reading Nas was ordered to pay $44,000 a month after his divorce. Didn't seem right, considering his wife was famous and rich in her own right, but it wasn't based on how much the kid NEEDS. it was based on how they where accustomed to living. Based on what I read, He was legally obligated to keep her living close to that level.

Seems pretty ridiculous. if McCallisters case is similar, i could see how it would drain him pretty quick.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If she doesn't have a problem accepting $11k per month in child support, he shouldn't have a problem trying to hide as much money as he possibly can to get the judge to lower that ridiculous payment.

This is a ridiculous law.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember being surprised after reading Nas was ordered to pay $44,000 a month after his divorce. Didn't seem right, considering his wife was famous and rich in her own right, but it wasn't based on how much the kid NEEDS. it was based on how they where accustomed to living. Based on what I read, He was legally obligated to keep her living close to that level.

Seems pretty ridiculous. if McCallisters case is similar, i could see how it would drain him pretty quick.

Accustomed to, lol. Accustomed to eating until you leave the restaurant. Men are accustomed to some loving. Seriously though, the accustomed to thing is a bunch of crock. I know the idea that when one marries, they may do things in reliance of the marriage, like quit their job, join their accounts, etc. - ruining their resume, etc. While if the relationship is abusive, no one should remain, but when it's "just outta love" you lose some things when you leave. I know we couldn't require an individual to claim abuse to get alimony, because then there would be more false claims. I know that getting a job is difficult (if not impossible to get the same job as before) and when getting married you think life is rosey, but the calculations based upon "accustomed to" should be tweaked.

What guarantees you to live in one circumstance that wouldn't be in another? In a marriage people go up and down in careers and income that would have affected the "accustomed to" levels had the divorce occurred after said up or down. I know you can readjust payments if one loses their job, but how do you go broke based on what you earn if you stop earning. Once you stop earning, you should be able to go back and say "your honor, I am making xxxxx dollars now compared to yyyyy dollars before" (though I doubt the payer will admit pay raises, too) - this is on the assumption that the more you make the more you keep, so there's no real incentive to not make money just to screw the ex (people may decidedly make underneath the next tax bracket to avoid higher tax percentages, but they don't go quit their job to screw the IRS). My comments are NOT on child support but rather alimony and are not meant to fit every single situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not wanting to keep your kids living the lifestyle they are accustomed to just so you have some more scratch in your pocket while someone else raises your kids seems kinda messed up.
Sorry kids, you and mom are moving to an apartment and you are going to public school because Daddy's $35 million in earnings weren't enough.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at living with his parents

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What an idiot. Also, how the hell does he owe 11,000 a month for child support? What kind of kid needs that much money from ONE parent?

+11,000.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
These things cut both ways.....the wife is exaggerating/inventing every expense she can think of to get the amount raised, and the husband is concealing as much money as he can/exaggerating expenses to prove hardship.

That's how you end up with $11,000/month AND a multi-millionaire claiming he's broke. Everyone fudging the numbers.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't care how much money a dude is hiding; it doens't take $11,000 a month to raise 10 children; much less one.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I remember back a long time ago (or at least I think I do) actor Matt Leblanc was ordered to pay $15,000 per mongth in child support. That's just theft; those kids don't each need a Ferrari.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, for the rich, "child support" has also turned into wife support. I honestly don't see how judges can justify over 100,000 dollars a year in child support, when it's the mother who takes that money instead of going out and getting a job.

Why do people have to pay 100,000 dollars for a stay-at-home ex-wife? Ridiculous.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why do people have to pay 100,000 dollars for a stay-at-home ex-wife? Ridiculous

Pit stains called lawyers. And wealth redistribution.