• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Carter Tells Rookies To ..."Get A Fall Guy"

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a stupid debate. If you're going to arrest someone then it should be the guy who actually committed the crime. This isn't even about football.

I agree, but that's up to the Law. If the law finds them guilty of a crime that puts them in jail, then they are in jail and not able to play. Pretty simple. But for some reason you want to act obtuse about it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a cook at a place I like and I hope to god he has a fall guy if anything goes wrong. His Cajun chicken pasta is off the charts

Minus the sarcasm- exactly. Why should the Cajun Chicken Pasta League suspend him when he could be serving up what the people want instead?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they entertain us so they should be allowed to get away with more than what the public does...It hurts the product put on the field if your best players are arrested and suspended. At least according to Eaglesnut that is the case.

Nope, you haven't the slightest clue here if you think that's what I've said. Get away with more than the public??????????????? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minus the sarcasm- exactly. Why should the Cajun Chicken Pasta League suspend him when he could be serving up what the people want instead?

It depends on the crime. But if you keep giving someone a pass chances are there behavior will deteriorate until they get to the point they seriously hurt themselves, others and end up in real trouble and in prison.

In the case of the NFL I believe that if you're going to pay a young person a lot of money and set a reasonable set of rules I don't have an issue with a suspension.
[
Look at Richardson on the Jets. He tests positive for weed and goes through the program. It happens again and he gets fined. It happens again and a bigger fine. It happens again and he gets suspended. Then he gets caught doing 140, the car reeking of weed and ran from the cops. Perhaps suspending him and the loss of money will stop him from going to that next level.

If not, they'll just slap in another DE and it won't matter. The game will not suffer because a few guys are suspended. Maybe the suspension gives another guy playing time and he turns out to be the next great player?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nonsense. If you don't like the union agreed upon terms of your employment then take it to your union rep. If they can't change it then either learn to live with it or get another job. Those rules have nothing to do with how the law should be enforced.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nonsense. If you don't like the union agreed upon terms of your employment then take it to your union rep. If they can't change it then either learn to live with it or get another job. Those rules have nothing to do with how the law should be enforced.

No one is talking about the law, we are talking about suspensions. The only time the law "suspends" someone is when they throw the guy in jail. And I've yet to see anyone in this thread take issue with that.

I have a problem when two parties agree to terms that hurt their customers the most. I am consistent and therefore I have a problem with it across the board.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Hernandez killed someone and he is in prison and unable to play football from his prison cell. I doubt he'd have been able to find a fall guy or gotten away with it even if he had. You are talking about murder.

You'll have to remind me what the Law found about AP. He's not in prison and he's playing football after having a year of football taken away from him for something not related to football. I'll repeat he's not in prison because it feels like I would have to repeat that again anyway.

I gave you Josh Gordon as an example and you come back with Aaron Hernandez. LOL. Pretty whack.

Seriously? Plenty of people have gotten away with murder. Pretty sure if he has a fall guy all he has to do is tell the guy to the police and confess to the crimes and say that Hernandez wasn't even present.

AP was able to settle for Reckless Assault if I remember right. From the sound of what you are saying is that these guys who are suspended by the league that they should just find a fall guy to take the rap for them. So Hernandez should have a guy take his rap for murder. AP should have somebody else say they beat his child. Greg Hardy had some other guy walk into his house and beat his wife/girl friend (can't remember what she was). Because the league should have their top players because they entertain us. That is what it sounds like you are saying to me. Just because they are not in prison doesn't mean they didn't do anything wrong and like I said to me it sounds like you don't even think they should be suspended that because they are the best we need them to make this league as entertaining as possible even if that means them not living up to the laws of the land that every other human being in this country has to live up to.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is talking about the law, we are talking about suspensions. The only time the law "suspends" someone is when they throw the guy in jail. And I've yet to see anyone in this thread take issue with that.

I have a problem when two parties agree to terms that hurt their customers the most. I am consistent and therefore I have a problem with it across the board.

A someone else said then why sign the contract if you are not going to agree with what is legally binding? I mean when I was in college I was a school bus driver and I agreed to be randomly drug tested and know that if caught I could be suspended or even fired for such a thing. Legally me showing up having peed that I did have alcohol in my system is not me breaking the law. By the contract I signed though I am breaking my agreement.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic lack of responsibility coming from a certain community. This is the same guy who practically crying about all the young black men being killed by police when "...they didn't even have a hand gun".

But how dumb is the NFL having Carter, Irvin and Sapp talk to them. These are 3 guys who fucked up more than once yet ended up rich and in the Hall. What was the message, "Don't worry about fucking up guys, just do what you want and you'll be rich and famous

Have Ray Carruth and Lawrence Phillips send them videos from jail or have Maurice Clarret talk to them like he is with the college kids.

I agree with this 100% Let the guys who had the chance to play in the NFL but screwed it all away talk to these kids.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are you talking about? Carter recommended getting a fall guy in your crew in case the party poopers show up and want to send someone downtown. That's nonsense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because they are not in prison doesn't mean they didn't do anything wrong and like I said to me it sounds like you don't even think they should be suspended that because they are the best we need them to make this league as entertaining as possible even if that means them not living up to the l
aws of the land that every other human being in this country has to live up to.

You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth when the law of the land doesn't keep them off the field but the league does and you are ok with it.

Now how the fuck would Hernandez have a fall guy for MURDER??? And if by some miracle he can, what's it to you?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A someone else said then why sign the contract if you are not going to agree with what is legally binding? I mean when I was in college I was a school bus driver and I agreed to be randomly drug tested and know that if caught I could be suspended or even fired for such a thing. Legally me showing up having peed that I did have alcohol in my system is not me breaking the law. By the contract I signed though I am breaking my agreement.
Yeah you shouldnt have drunk ass bus drivers. Now what does that have to do with playing football?

I was talking about guys that cause no harm and immediately you all jump in about Hernandez who fucking killed a person on purpose! Not even close to "causing no harm" like Gordon smoking a blunt or drinking one drink on a plane.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you shouldnt have drunk ass bus drivers. Now what does that have to do with playing football?

I was talking about guys that cause no harm and immediately you all jump in about Hernandez who fucking killed a person on purpose! Not even close to "causing no harm" like Gordon smoking a blunt or drinking one drink on a plane.

You had said that these guys should not be suspended just because they have broken the rules of the job established that you sign a contract saying you will honor. I was just showing that plenty of jobs have these exact same rules put in place. A great example is that of in Colorado and Washington that weed has been legalized but there are still plenty of jobs that won't allow you to smoke weed even though it has been legalized.

As for the NFL you keep using Gordon as an example and that is a terrible example. You realize he isn't just suspended for not passing a drug test right? He did plenty of other things before that such as driving while intoxicated. You are right he didn't hurt anybody. Could he have though? Oh yeah he could have. I have a friend that all the time tells me he can drive better drunk than sober and to me that is a terrible excuse to justify in his head that he can go get drunk and drive home. Now yes he hasn't hit anybody but that is what they all say until they go out and kill somebody while intoxicated.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you could kill someone driving home from work today sober. Maybe cars should be illegal? When something happens fine, when nothing happens then nothing has happened.

Josh Gordon harmed nobody and still hasn't. Yet he is being harmed. That's not justice.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? Carter recommended getting a fall guy in your crew in case the party poopers show up and want to send someone downtown. That's nonsense.

And until the league comes to their senses on some of this stuff a fall guy may be the advice needed to continue their career. Therefore it was good accurate advice from Cris Carter. You are just having trouble seeing it from a perspective other than your own. A common problem when discussing this kind of stuff.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you could kill someone driving home from work today sober. Maybe cars should be illegal? When something happens fine, when nothing happens then nothing has happened.

Josh Gordon harmed nobody and still hasn't. Yet he is being harmed. That's not justice.

So are you saying that anybody driving home drunk that doesn't kill somebody shouldn't be pulled over? I mean obviously they pulled him over because he wasn't driving right but since he hadn't killed anybody yet they should just have let him keep going. The only time they should step in is when he has hit somebody is what it sounds like to me you are saying.

Now yes I could drive home today and kill somebody but we all should know that alcohol inhibits our ability to make the best decisions or at least delays those decisions being made. That is scientific fact. So then when you put that behind a vehicle going 70 mph yes that increases the chances that the person makes a mistake and possibly injures themselves or others or worse kills somebody.

He did this to himself. He was the one that made the decision to break the law and drive under the influence. He got arrested which then violates his contract with the league that says any kind of incidents off the field are grounds for being suspended. Again he read the contract, knew what the expectations were, and he chose to break that contract. The league had no choice.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....we all should know that alcohol inhibits our ability to make the best decisions or at least delays those decisions being made. That is scientific fact.

Unless you're Johnny Fever.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And until the league comes to their senses on some of this stuff a fall guy may be the advice needed to continue their career. Therefore it was good accurate advice from Cris Carter. You are just having trouble seeing it from a perspective other than your own. A common problem when discussing this kind of stuff.

Career as what? Football player or criminal?