• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Carter Tells Rookies To ..."Get A Fall Guy"

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I was thinking about Eaglesnut's comment? So yeah let's just teach these guys that they have no personal responsibility for what they do. Go out and drive drunk and kill somebody but just make sure the fall guy is in the vehicle so you can switch seats real quick. Yup that sounds good to be teaching these guys.

Why take it to the extreme? What fall guy is going to go to prison for 30 years? None. But having a fall guy to claim the weed or any of the other stupid ass things the league may get all tight assed about, yeah that could be a good business decision. And when you run with a crew from childhood and your money is helping to finance the entire crew then it's a good organizational structure to have. Banks have fall guys. Why not NFLers?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic lack of responsibility coming from a certain community. This is the same guy who practically crying about all the young black men being killed by police when "...they didn't even have a hand gun".

But how dumb is the NFL having Carter, Irvin and Sapp talk to them. These are 3 guys who fucked up more than once yet ended up rich and in the Hall. What was the message, "Don't worry about fucking up guys, just do what you want and you'll be rich and famous

Have Ray Carruth and Lawrence Phillips send them videos from jail or have Maurice Clarret talk to them like he is with the college kids.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyJVFYsC0qoJkAv4k6wL1SfdTgFgYRqEqYcic8hgNqjqNe5xCuEA.jpg

Naw man - I was jus kiddin

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of tight asses in the league offices make this kind of stuff necessary. Good on Cris for trying to give some rookies real advice instead of some fluffed up bullshit.

Also this happened in 2014. Why is burying people a part of the news cycle? Pathetic.

Uh, no. You don't have to break the law by giving false info to the police to be able to play in the NFL. You need to not be a fucking idiot and rolls with a posse that's constantly causing problems. Hopefully Carter gets his ass canned. Cris would apparently be cool with it because every org needs a fall guy to make it seem like they give a shit about ethics!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no. You don't have to break the law by giving false info to the police to be able to play in the NFL. You need to not be a fucking idiot and rolls with a posse that's constantly causing problems. Hopefully Carter gets his ass canned. Cris would apparently be cool with it because every org needs a fall guy to make it seem like they give a shit about ethics!

LOL, funny. Actually you have to be good at football. The rest is, or at least was, (should be) irrelevant until a bunch of pussies started running things.

Why not put the absolute best football players on the field? It's a football league. Maybe some of you have forgotten that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why take it to the extreme? What fall guy is going to go to prison for 30 years? None. But having a fall guy to claim the weed or any of the other stupid ass things the league may get all tight assed about, yeah that could be a good business decision. And when you run with a crew from childhood and your money is helping to finance the entire crew then it's a good organizational structure to have. Banks have fall guys. Why not NFLers?

Ok so even the smaller crimes...Why should another guy take the fall? These are grown men. Why should they get special privileges such as somebody going to prison for them? I mean even having weed carries a possible major sentence depending on the level and number of strikes on the person. I just think that these men should be responsible for all their actions. They know what the rules are and they know even what the NFL expects. I don't think the NFL has any stricter rules than what most businesses carry these days. Most places still drug test and if you are found with drugs in your system heck most of them get fired on the spot. Anybody working construction or some kind of driving job the second they get a DUI or whatever good chance they are gone. So it is not like the NFL is doing things that other businesses don't do. The only thing would be the steroid suspensions but again this is something every one of them know going in that if you want to play you don't do such and such. They are making millions doing something that many of us on here would possibly do for free because we love the game. I don't think it is crazy to ask them to abide by some rules.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so even the smaller crimes...Why should another guy take the fall? These are grown men. Why should they get special privileges such as somebody going to prison for them? I mean even having weed carries a possible major sentence depending on the level and number of strikes on the person. I just think that these men should be responsible for all their actions. They know what the rules are and they know even what the NFL expects. I don't think the NFL has any stricter rules than what most businesses carry these days. Most places still drug test and if you are found with drugs in your system heck most of them get fired on the spot. Anybody working construction or some kind of driving job the second they get a DUI or whatever good chance they are gone. So it is not like the NFL is doing things that other businesses don't do. The only thing would be the steroid suspensions but again this is something every one of them know going in that if you want to play you don't do such and such. They are making millions doing something that many of us on here would possibly do for free because we love the game. I don't think it is crazy to ask them to abide by some rules.

Because he's entertaining millions of people. Why do you really give a shit? It's not a soap opera, these aren't characters. They are fucking numbers running around a field giving millions of people joy. I want to see the best players. Josh Gordon is a joy to watch and we won't get to see him. Despite the stupidity he may possess, because of the way and number of times he's been caught, no one is better off because he's not playing. Just one easy example. They should have more lenient standards than most businesses. Most businesses actually have to accomplish things. Apples and oranges.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're football players. If it keeps them on the field it's sound advice.

How about tell them to not break the law. CC would have been the perfect person to say this because he damn near snorted his way out of the league. But he got clean and turned himself into a HOF player.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's entertaining millions of people. Why do you really give a shit? It's not a soap opera, these aren't characters. They are fucking numbers running around a field giving millions of people joy. I want to see the best players. Josh Gordon is a joy to watch and we won't get to see him. Despite the stupidity he may possess, because of the way and number of times he's been caught, no one is better off because he's not playing. Just one easy example. They should have more lenient standards than most businesses. Most businesses actually have to accomplish things. Apples and oranges.
Josh Gordon is better off not playing...be a man, a human being who is respectable and a contributing member of society. your job title doesn't entitle you to be an ass or criminal...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon is better off not playing...be a man, a human being who is respectable and a contributing member of society. your job title doesn't entitle you to be an ass or criminal...

:puzzled:

He was contributing. People loved to watch him. He is not better off and his crimes harmed no one, only the suspensions have caused harm.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So people who entertain us should be able to get away with whatever they want because they would be missed by the millions that watch them? You keep telling me not to go the extreme but I guess I want to know what your line is? I mean Aaron Hernandez was considered one of the top-5 or so TE's in the league...Should he have had a fall guy to take the rap for Murder because he entertains us? What about the Cowboys player who was drunk and killed a guy? Should we just let Adrian Peterson keep beating his children and get in 0 trouble because well he would be missed in the entertainment business? Let these guys beat their women but hey no she got that broken arm by some stranger that came out of nowhere all because we want these guys to entertain us. Again just trying to figure out where your moral line here is of what these guys should be allowed to get away with....Is there something that is too far?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a stupid debate. If you're going to arrest someone then it should be the guy who actually committed the crime. This isn't even about football.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a stupid debate. If you're going to arrest someone then it should be the guy who actually committed the crime. This isn't even about football.

But they entertain us so they should be allowed to get away with more than what the public does...It hurts the product put on the field if your best players are arrested and suspended. At least according to Eaglesnut that is the case.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they entertain us so they should be allowed to get away with more than what the public does...It hurts the product put on the field if your best players are arrested and suspended. At least according to Eaglesnut that is the case.

Why stop there? What if the mechanic at the shop you go to that does great work commits a felony? I wouldn't give a crap! Doesn't impact me and I need my car fixed!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So people who entertain us should be able to get away with whatever they want because they would be missed by the millions that watch them? You keep telling me not to go the extreme but I guess I want to know what your line is? I mean Aaron Hernandez was considered one of the top-5 or so TE's in the league...Should he have had a fall guy to take the rap for Murder because he entertains us? What about the Cowboys player who was drunk and killed a guy? Should we just let Adrian Peterson keep beating his children and get in 0 trouble because well he would be missed in the entertainment business? Let these guys beat their women but hey no she got that broken arm by some stranger that came out of nowhere all because we want these guys to entertain us. Again just trying to figure out where your moral line here is of what these guys should be allowed to get away with....Is there something that is too far?

Aaron Hernandez killed someone and he is in prison and unable to play football from his prison cell. I doubt he'd have been able to find a fall guy or gotten away with it even if he had. You are talking about murder.

You'll have to remind me what the Law found about AP. He's not in prison and he's playing football after having a year of football taken away from him for something not related to football. I'll repeat he's not in prison because it feels like I would have to repeat that again anyway.

I gave you Josh Gordon as an example and you come back with Aaron Hernandez. LOL. Pretty whack.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why stop there? What if the mechanic at the shop you go to that does great work commits a felony? I wouldn't give a crap! Doesn't impact me and I need my car fixed!

Now he would he do that from jail? And if he's not in jail why couldn't he fix your car? Go on, try to carry on with your extreme example and actually have it make any sense...

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a cook at a place I like and I hope to god he has a fall guy if anything goes wrong. His Cajun chicken pasta is off the charts