• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris "Beanie" Wells

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Got bored and started watching the 2007 LSU vs Ohio State NCG. I had forgotten how much I use to love to watch this kid play football. He was an absolute beast man-child out there. Just stiff armed an LSU defender and completely threw him back on his ass. Its a shame he never had much of an NFL career due to injuries.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmrfOepFeqY]Beanie Wells -RB - Ohio State 2007 Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPz_lz87oqs]2008-01-07 - BCS Championship Game - #1 Ohio State Buckeyes vs. #2 LSU Tigers - YouTube[/ame]

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a stud. Now he's a Beanie Weenie.

POW!

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a stud. Now he's a Beanie Weenie.

POW!

:L I hate it man. Mr. fuckin Glass. If he could've actually stayed healthy he'd be a top 5 back in the NFL. When he was healthy he was damned near unstoppable. As much as I hate to bring it up, if you look back at the 2002 highlights of Maurice Clarett, they were eerily similair. Switch their jersey numbers and you couldn't tell them apart.

I'm hoping this year that "El Guapo" Carlos Hyde is able to bring back some of that same Beanie power and highlight film stiffarm. He isn't as naturally talented but you can't smirk at a 235 lb back that runs a sub-4.5 40.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot his name was Chris, but yeah the dude was a beat in college. I thought he'd be great in the NFL?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot his name was Chris, but yeah the dude was a beat in college. I thought he'd be great in the NFL?

Too damn injury prone. It didn't help that he got drafted to the team that's had the worst OL in the NFL for the last 5 years.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L I hate it man. Mr. fuckin Glass. If he could've actually stayed healthy he'd be a top 5 back in the NFL. When he was healthy he was damned near unstoppable. As much as I hate to bring it up, if you look back at the 2002 highlights of Maurice Clarett, they were eerily similair. Switch their jersey numbers and you couldn't tell them apart.

I'm hoping this year that "El Guapo" Carlos Hyde is able to bring back some of that same Beanie power and highlight film stiffarm. He isn't as naturally talented but you can't smirk at a 235 lb back that runs a sub-4.5 40.

It's a damn shame to see these players with soooo much potential not be able to stay on the field due to injuries. I agree with your assessment, he was a monster with a unlimited upside when healthy. Guys who run like that take a poundin, Bama's been pretty fortunate to not have anymore RB injuries than they have.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a damn shame to see these players with soooo much potential not be able to stay on the field due to injuries. I agree with your assessment, he was a monster with a unlimited upside when healthy. Guys who run like that take a poundin, Bama's been pretty fortunate to not have anymore RB injuries than they have.

Ugh. And of course my team drafted the last one 3rd overall... :gaah:

I love Beanie to death, but even when healthy, I still would take T-Rich. He looks like he was made in a frickin lab.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. And of course my team drafted the last one 3rd overall... :gaah:

I love Beanie to death, but even when healthy, I still would take T-Rich. He looks like he was made in a frickin lab.

He's definitely of a different breed.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely of a different breed.

I hope so badly he can get fully healthy. I hope they don't run him to death this year. When he was healthy last year, he showed what he can do. Then again, if he can't get over the injuries, we can just draft that moose Henry that you guys have coming in. :yahoo:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so badly he can get fully healthy. I hope they don't run him to death this year. When he was healthy last year, he showed what he can do. Then again, if he can't get over the injuries, we can just draft that moose Henry that you guys have coming in. :yahoo:

I started to mention Henry but I didn't want to derail this into being about Bama. Having said that, I think he is literally a monster. A big, scary monster...... potentially.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to mention Henry but I didn't want to derail this into being about Bama. Having said that, I think he is literally a monster. A big, scary monster...... potentially.

No worries. It isn't looking like OSU will be having a lot more huge, bulldozer style RBs after Hyde, although Brionte Dunn is pretty close. If Hyde has a good year, he could definitely be a 2nd rounder next year, if not possibly a late first.

That Henry kid looks like anything but a kid. Is he gonna stay at RB? They could like him up at frickin DE if they wanted to.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was never the same after having to get off the juice once he left tOSU. :L

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. It isn't looking like OSU will be having a lot more huge, bulldozer style RBs after Hyde, although Brionte Dunn is pretty close. If Hyde has a good year, he could definitely be a 2nd rounder next year, if not possibly a late first.

That Henry kid looks like anything but a kid. Is he gonna stay at RB? They could like him up at frickin DE if they wanted to.

The plan seems to be keeping him at RB. He has been impressing everybody since he got to Tuscaloosa. He would probably make a great LB but, I think his upside at RB is just too high to not give him a legitimate shot. I don't think his competition was necessarily best of the best in high school but his numbers were rediculous, I don't care if the other team you're playing are peewee teams.

Alabama RB Derrick Henry named MaxPreps' Male Athlete of the Year | al.com

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beanie and Pittman should have gotten the rock 20 times each vs the Gators

For some reason the gameplan was to see just how embarrassed Ohio State's LT & RT could be facing Florida's DE while what looked like pass protection

Ole!

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beanie and Pittman should have gotten the rock 20 times each vs the Gators

For some reason the gameplan was to see just how embarrassed Ohio State's LT & RT could be facing Florida's DE while what looked like pass protection

Ole!

No question. Pittman was the only player who could move the ball so naturally we didn't use him. :L

That was perhaps the best example of completely giving up as opposed to making halftime adjustments. What a horrible showing all-around.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plan seems to be keeping him at RB. He has been impressing everybody since he got to Tuscaloosa. He would probably make a great LB but, I think his upside at RB is just too high to not give him a legitimate shot. I don't think his competition was necessarily best of the best in high school but his numbers were rediculous, I don't care if the other team you're playing are peewee teams.

Alabama RB Derrick Henry named MaxPreps' Male Athlete of the Year | al.com

You can't coach his size, speed and athleticism. He's just a natural beast. He is also uglier than sin which makes him even more intimidating. He's already 240 lbs. After going through a few years of weight training at a place like Bama, will he be too heavy to play RB? That reminds me of an older WR from OSU named David Boston. He basically became too big for his speed. His career was ended because he just destroyed his joints. Unless he has a lot of baby fat (which is sure as hell doesn't look to be the case), will be be able to be a workhorse at, say 265 lbs?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't coach his size, speed and athleticism. He's just a natural beast. He is also uglier than sin which makes him even more intimidating. He's already 240 lbs. After going through a few years of weight training at a place like Bama, will he be too heavy to play RB? That reminds me of an older WR from OSU named David Boston. He basically became too big for his speed. His career was ended because he just destroyed his joints. Unless he has a lot of baby fat (which is sure as hell doesn't look to be the case), will be be able to be a workhorse at, say 265 lbs?

I can't see him getting that big. I think they'll work on getting him in better shape but not necessarily bigger. They'll probably go the same route as they did with Trent and just make sure they don't screw him up and set a limit on what he can lift. I hope it works out, I'm really looking forward to seeing him play.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see him getting that big. I think they'll work on getting him in better shape but not necessarily bigger. They'll probably go the same route as they did with Trent and just make sure they don't screw him up and set a limit on what he can lift. I hope it works out, I'm really looking forward to seeing him play.

I really am, too. It isn't every day you see a 6'3", 241 RB come into the game. Like you said, though, I'll be interested to see how much his level of competition in HS actually affected his play. Then again, it isn't like ya'll are short on RBs.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am, too. It isn't every day you see a 6'3", 241 RB come into the game. Like you said, though, I'll be interested to see how much his level of competition in HS actually affected his play. Then again, it isn't like ya'll are short on RBs.

Yeah, not to sound cocky, but Bama has as good a depth at RB as anybody in the country. If not more-so.
Not just random guise either, it seems to be quality from top to bottom. One of my concerns is if they stick around or not, big time players like to play and Saban has made it clear, the best overall players will play and seniority doesn't necessarily matter and some of these kids aren't used to the competition from their own team.