• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are now in year 2 of the Chip Kelly experiment and an experiment that looked so promising is now starting to fizzle. For all of his sports science, speed offense genius talk, there is not enough talk that what he is doing simply will not work in the NFL. The league has caught up to his offense, exposes his defense and generally he is now being outcoached in every game. The smoke and mirrors wins earlier in the year are gone. Some of that has to do with the fact that his starting QB is hurt, a lot of it is his defense has been on the field for way too many snaps, some of it self inflicted by poor play but most of it due to Kelly's speed offense. Simply put, the sum of the whole is not working, just like last year this team is struggled down the stretch. They are tired. Sure they lack talent in areas but most of all they seem stuck in quicksand.
A lot has been made about Kelly's relationship with Bill Belicheat. How Bill picked Kelly's brain etc. Now Belicheat is a defensive guy, he knew he couldn't run the speed offense all the time because of what it does to his defense. So they incorporated it at times but still kept some things like a lead run with a fullback. Aside from Tom Brady, the Patriots offense is no where near as talented as the Eagles offense but they win more games, because their defense is better rested and the players are not as worn down at the end of the year.
I still believe in Chip Kelly but if he doesn't start to adjust and make changes, start to use personnel better he is going to go the way Nick Saban instead of Jimmy Johnson. I know a lot of you worship at Chips feet but even those who worship have to say these last three weeks have been devastating and telling.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are now in year 2 of the Chip Kelly experiment and an experiment that looked so promising is now starting to fizzle. For all of his sports science, speed offense genius talk, there is not enough talk that what he is doing simply will not work in the NFL. The league has caught up to his offense, exposes his defense and generally he is now being outcoached in every game. The smoke and mirrors wins earlier in the year are gone. Some of that has to do with the fact that his starting QB is hurt, a lot of it is his defense has been on the field for way too many snaps, some of it self inflicted by poor play but most of it due to Kelly's speed offense. Simply put, the sum of the whole is not working, just like last year this team is struggled down the stretch. They are tired. Sure they lack talent in areas but most of all they seem stuck in quicksand.

I will repeat again:

On offense, the problem seems to have been as much if not more a complete lack of execution rather than incorrect scheme or something like that. For just about every single week, there are numerous examples to be found when looking at the All-22 reviews where plays were left on the field. Even for the Seattle game.

Yes, to some extent the tempo might harm the defense a bit, but if every time you are going 3-and-out because your offense does not execute (and occasionally the refs stink), it makes little difference to the defence.

A lot has been made about Kelly's relationship with Bill Belicheat. How Bill picked Kelly's brain etc. Now Belicheat is a defensive guy, he knew he couldn't run the speed offense all the time because of what it does to his defense. So they incorporated it at times but still kept some things like a lead run with a fullback. Aside from Tom Brady, the Patriots offense is no where near as talented as the Eagles offense but they win more games, because their defense is better rested and the players are not as worn down at the end of the year.

Except that - most of the time - it seems the Eagles players are NOT the most worn down in the league or anything.

I still believe in Chip Kelly but if he doesn't start to adjust and make changes, start to use personnel better he is going to go the way Nick Saban instead of Jimmy Johnson. I know a lot of you worship at Chips feet but even those who worship have to say these last three weeks have been devastating and telling.

These last few weeks indeed have been telling.

Mostly they have exposed MASSIVE holes in personnel, as well as the problems with lack of execution, and what it can do to you.

Again, to just use one example: Should Kelly be blamed for Cooper last week - the first play of the game - deciding to run into his own blocker rather than go inside and use the 50 yards of green space in front of him? Or for Sanchez trying to throw it into triple coverage rather than choosing the open man (which happened quite a bit even last night?). Can Kelly be blamed for McCoy's dancing, or if McCoy does not dance, for Gardner and Johnson completely whiffing on blocks?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just got 374 yard out of Mark Sanchez with no running game. Mark Fucking Sanchez. I think it's a little early to start throwing dirt over Chip's offense.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard last night that Chip Kelly visited Victor Cruz in the hospital the morning after his injury.

A guy with that kind of class should be giving plenty of changes to succeed.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just got 374 yard out of Mark Sanchez with no running game. Mark Fucking Sanchez. I think it's a little early to start throwing dirt over Chip's offense.

Yup... and even there there numbers of obvious plays he left on the field. Including on the INT.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fans....

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back before the Seahawks game....do you forget that we shutout the giants?

Gimme a break! Chip needs to get more players, especially on defense. Takes time friends!

He is still a football genius. You'll see! Quit jumping on and off the bandwagon!

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I have not given up on Chip Kelly but he has to change. Yes this team is tired, they were running in quicksand yesterday. Yes they have talent issues but who is at fault for that? Kelly is in charge of the roster he has told us that on many occasions, this team is 15 million under the cap right now. So whose fault is it talent wise? Its Chip Kellys fault. Cutting DeSean Jackson cost us a minimum of 2 games most likely 3 games. Without Jackson yesterday Washington doesn't win that game, Jackson torched Richard Sherman when he played against him maybe things change in the Seattle game. There is no way they lose the Cowboys game. We still have no idea why our head coach decided to cut Jackson. Just speculation. Right now its very evident it was the WRONG decision and it cost this team not only a game yesterday but the season. The Head Coach HAS to take responsibility for that.

Worship all you want but if you are objective you are going to see that Kelly has a lot of warts, this doesn't mean he can't grow and change and that is all I am saying is this guy is at a crossroads if he doesn't make some changes he is going to be back in college in two years.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back before the Seahawks game....do you forget that we shutout the giants?

Gimme a break! Chip needs to get more players, especially on defense. Takes time friends!

He is still a football genius. You'll see! Quit jumping on and off the bandwagon!

If you take the last two games and insert two different cornerbacks the out comes would be a lot different.

Personally I'm glad the playoff's end yesterday for the Birds and one in done in the play off's would have been a crappy ending and that's where it was going with no Foles...

They need another couple drafts, I really like the front seven of the defense, it has gotten better and better every week, they get two corners FA or draft that can play man to man coverage it would be huge.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any problem at all with Chip ... the more we see of Mark Sanchez the more I realize he's a CFL type of player; yet Chip's system continuously sees him getting 300+ passing games. The system Chip has in place works just fine, but Sanchez continuously keeps missing on throws and is limited arm wise to short to intermediate passes. Better QB play along with an actual 2ndary and we'll be right in the thick of things next year. I don't think many teams out there would do much with their backup QB handling half the season.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are daring us to pass our way down the field & yet Sanchez/Foles cant do it without turning it over a zillion times. Imo it shows our QB are at best average QBs in the NFL. If we didnt have Lesean Mccoy to scare Defenses in the run game, the QBs we have may not get 150 yards a game. Thats how bad theyve been.

Against our D, teams just go deep. SImple & we cant stop it because our CBs & NAte Allen suck balls.

Eventually...the blame will go to Chip Kelly but its only year 2. I think if we have another season like this in 2015, it will be time to start unleashing some fury Chips way.

HUGE OFFSEASON coming up.

Last edited by a moderator:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cowgirls beat Colts..we are done for the season.

Id play Barkely in the finale. Wasting fucking time with turnover prone Sanchez. A win would also suck though. Might as well get as good a pick as possible.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are the first team since the 2009 Dolphins to allow 10 or more pass play of 50 yards in a season.

Chip better fix that shit secondary this off season. No ifs, ands or buts.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW..Davis & Chip should have just let the Skins score a TD there at the end.

Here is what he had to say about it...

"Never, ever, ever will there be a discussion about letting them score," said Davis. "Never, ever. We’ll get the ball back. That’s the only thing we talk about. Rip the ball, tackle the ball, get the ball out. We won’t let anybody score."

LMAO...I guess Belichick dont know shit because thats exactly what he did in the SB vs the NYG. Come on assholes. Hoping for miracles is no way to coach.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, imagine that, a eagles fan wanting too fire the coach after 2 years.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Chip didn't steer those field goals through the uprights. Did he lose his remote control? Fire him, I say...

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip is pretty far down on the list of people I'm mad at.

....this is his roster, but he can't execute for the players.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its results oriented thinking to beat up on Sanchez or just about anyone on the offensive side of the ball after that game. They make those field goals and we would all be praising Sanchez, Kelly, Ertz and the offensive line. They controlled the game and ran 90 plays offensively. And the turnovers? Can't say they were horrible. One INT and that one was a close, good play by the defender on a poorly thrown, but safe throw.

Defensively, its frustrating to watch that secondary. Hard to tell for sure how much is Allen or Fletcher, but I think they are both gone anyways.

My issue with Davis is he seems loyal to a fault to the starters. There are several situations where I would have liked to see a little more fiddling with the lineup...

1. Graham. While Cole has played well, Graham has clearly outplayed him. And if you want to convince Graham to stay, why not reward him with starter's minutes? Graham should have been playing 60% of the time IMO rather than 40% in anticipation of him being the man next year.
2. Fletcher. He is gone at the end of the year, and it seems clear that its not a downgrade to put Carroll or Boykins in. So why not give the backups a little more chance and see how it goes. Especially against a smaller WR like DJAX, I would be curious if Boykins could cover him? Not saying he would do better, but I doubt he would do worse. You need to find out.
3. Nolan Carroll, Jaylen Watkins and Boykins. Again I really don't think your taking a major risk subbing for either Allen or Fletcher. And with those guys gone at the end of the year anyways, I want to see these guys play a little and see what you got.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I have not given up on Chip Kelly but he has to change. Yes this team is tired, they were running in quicksand yesterday. Yes they have talent issues but who is at fault for that? Kelly is in charge of the roster he has told us that on many occasions, this team is 15 million under the cap right now. So whose fault is it talent wise? Its Chip Kellys fault. Cutting DeSean Jackson cost us a minimum of 2 games most likely 3 games. Without Jackson yesterday Washington doesn't win that game, Jackson torched Richard Sherman when he played against him maybe things change in the Seattle game. There is no way they lose the Cowboys game. We still have no idea why our head coach decided to cut Jackson. Just speculation. Right now its very evident it was the WRONG decision and it cost this team not only a game yesterday but the season. The Head Coach HAS to take responsibility for that.

Worship all you want but if you are objective you are going to see that Kelly has a lot of warts, this doesn't mean he can't grow and change and that is all I am saying is this guy is at a crossroads if he doesn't make some changes he is going to be back in college in two years.

Chip only needs to change personnel. If you can't see that...