• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs Rumormill

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn’t that long ago the Chiefs thought Rakeem Nunez-Roches was worth $1.9 million.

They no longer feel that way.

According to Terez Paylor of Yahoo Sports, the Chiefs have released the defensive lineman.

He signed his restricted free agent tender on April 27, and at some point in the less-than-two weeks since, they deemed him no longer cost-effective.

He played in every game last year, starting 11 games.
I felt this was weird. Maybe they felt like after they drafted Nnadi and Speaks that he was unnecessary and wanted the little bit of extra cap? I like Nunez' presence on the club even if he wasn't good really.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt this was weird. Maybe they felt like after they drafted Nnadi and Speaks that he was unnecessary and wanted the little bit of extra cap? I like Nunez' presence on the club even if he wasn't good really.

I thought he played very well in the Chiefs games I watched last season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he played very well in the Chiefs games I watched last season.
He's mostly just an energy-bunny with limited skills, that's ok though for a backend Lineman. Can collect some effort coverage sacks that way, especially late.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nunez should find his way on to a roster somewhere but they traded up for Nnadi so they obviously see something there that they like and this was probably in their plans. Imo there is a 50% chance Nnadi is the best player the Chiefs got from the draft.

The Chiefs had zero pass rush when Dee Ford went down last year. It probably didn't make sense to have Nnadi and Nunez-Roches on the roster when they also have 3(?) other run-stuffer d-linemen that will never get sacks.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nunez should find his way on to a roster somewhere but they traded up for Nnadi so they obviously see something there that they like and this was probably in their plans. Imo there is a 50% chance Nnadi is the best player the Chiefs got from the draft.

The Chiefs had zero pass rush when Dee Ford went down last year. It probably didn't make sense to have Nnadi and Nunez-Roches on the roster when they also have 3(?) other run-stuffer d-linemen that will never get sacks.

What if one of their guys goes down with an injury? They might miss having that guy as depth.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if one of their guys goes down with an injury? They might miss having that guy as depth.
I think they may rotate Speaks, Kpassagnon, and Nnadi into the DL this year just reading tealeaves. Seems to me the Chiefs are just going for a multiple D at this point where most of the players are playing at least 2 positions now. They didn't change DC's, but I think the defense is going to be very different this year in approach.

Kpass Edge/Sub DL
Speaks Edge/Sub DL
Nnadi Nose/DT
Jones I've seen be a DE and Edge (???) last season
O'Daniel SS/LB
Sorenson FS/... Bad LB
Berry S/LB

Ford is kinda stuck just being an Edge as his one legit skill is rushing the passer when healthy
Houston could be a DE I suppose on some snaps, but really he's too good as an Edge to ever move him. (Inb4 He's a CB jokes)
Hitchens and Ragland are kinda 1 dimensional; O'Daniel might have to pick up some of the coverage slack from these two.
Bailey also seems kinda 1 dimensional

Zombo is somehow still on the roster to be a mediocre at best run-stuffer

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they may rotate Speaks, Kpassagnon, and Nnadi into the DL this year just reading tealeaves. Seems to me the Chiefs are just going for a multiple D at this point where most of the players are playing at least 2 positions now. They didn't change DC's, but I think the defense is going to be very different this year in approach.

Kpass Edge/Sub DL
Speaks Edge/Sub DL
Nnadi Nose/DT
Jones I've seen be a DE and Edge (???) last season
O'Daniel SS/LB
Sorenson FS/... Bad LB
Berry S/LB

Ford is kinda stuck just being an Edge as his one legit skill is rushing the passer when healthy
Houston could be a DE I suppose on some snaps, but really he's too good as an Edge to ever move him. (Inb4 He's a CB jokes)
Hitchens and Ragland are kinda 1 dimensional; O'Daniel might have to pick up some of the coverage slack from these two.
Bailey also seems kinda 1 dimensional

Zombo is somehow still on the roster to be a mediocre at best run-stuffer
Yeah, it seems like most of the players have one position they play well and one position they can kinda fake if they need to. O'Daniel and Kpass might be the only true hybrid players imo.

If someone goes down then it likely means that Ford leaves the field because he is just a pass rusher and nothing more and they'll need someone like Speaks or KPass instead.