• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs Bracing to lose Chris Ballard to Colts GM Vacancy; Ballard Prefers Toub as HC if Hired

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know SF was very interested, and he declined the interview. The obvious reason was that SF is a bad franchise that will be avoided by some, but another reason was that he wanted Tom Cable as HC. I was all on board with Ballard until I heard that...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toub straight to head coach still seems a bit surprising. I guess when you get a reputation for being great then that can help you climb to the top but this sounds like an awkward situation for the Colts if everyone but the ownership wants Pagano gone.

If the Chiefs didn't take the risk on Peters and the huge risk on Hill then no one would be talking about how great the roster is. Chiefs have a lot of difficult choices to make this offseason and grabbing anyone at this point without seeing how they handle those decisions seems a bit risky but if thats what the Colts want to do then really anything is an upgrade over what they've been doing lately.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given how great the Chefs have been as of late this Colts fan hopes Ballard is our new GM. Not sure how I feel about losing Pagano as coach though.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given how great the Chefs have been as of late this Colts fan hopes Ballard is our new GM. Not sure how I feel about losing Pagano as coach though.
Prefer is not the same as will in this case. Pagano is coaching for his job next year is my guess.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those could be some huge losses for the Chiefs. That is what comes with winning football games though is people want your players/coaches/FO people.
So long as Reid and Dorsey are there I can't say I am wildly concerned because of this event in a vacuum. I am still more interested in what QB do we move forward with whenever it becomes feasible to do so. But yeah- 2nd year in a row now; Pederson last year, and Ballard this year.