• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

chen before being sent down

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunate, but that's life for you... Now, I think the bigger issue is this: How many upgrades in the rotation do we need for 2014?

* Tillman is still decent in 2013, but 2012 was clearly just one good year. The same can also be said of Gonzalez.

* Chen improved somewhat in 2013 and has arguably been our best starter up until July... and then the late-season regression seems to be happening again.

* Hammel was back to his old self in 2013, and Feldman seems to be a marginal upgrade only because Hammel was surprisingly bad this year.

* As for Norris... while a larger sample size is needed to draw any kind of conclusion, you have to wonder if there's regression to the mean going on.

* What about Britton and Gausman? We'll see... but until their potential actually turn into anything, we can't count on them being anything better than borderline #5 options yet.

Conclusion: I see at least one spot that needs to be filled, and possibly two (or more if you can't stand a rotation that looks like #2/3 - #2/3 - #2/3 - #4 - #5).

Agreed! We certainly have the worst staff in the AL East from top to bottom. We need (2) front end pitchers to go along with Tillman, Norris & Chen. If it's Gausman, then so be it, but I'm sick of a staff full of 4/5 type pitchers.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until tomorrow...

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver lining of the season: At least the Yankees would most likely be missing the postseason as well.

CamdenFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only two people in the lineup that came to play tonight were Hardy and Valencia. Numbers 2,3,4,5,6 did jack all night long. Why even bother sending them up to the plate. Wieters is an absolute joke with a bat in his hand. The Orioles need to trade him.

When the middle five in your batting order can't hit a ball off a T, you simply cannot win. Pitching aside, this lineup does not have what it takes to win enough to get into the post season.

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep hitting Boston. Use up all your runs in this game so you have none for the next 2.

leftysincharge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see only 2 major problems with this club. The pitchers ALL need to learn how to get ahead in the count. That is both starters and relievers. The hitters should be looking for a pitch in a specific location with less than 2 strikes. As far as I'm concerned that is all about the coaching staff, including Buck!