• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cheaters See The Value in Flopping

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Including :

NBA — 28 May 2013
LeBron James Sees the Value in Flopping

A lot of players and teams in the NBA flop. Sadly, the anti-flopping rule that was implemented didn’t seem to slow things down one bit league-wide. The classic floppers were still up to their old tricks. The Miami Heat are no exception to the rule.:
LeBron James has vehemently denied that he’s a flopper, but now he sees the value in it, according to ESPN.com.
“Some guys have been doing it for years, just trying to get an advantage,” James said Monday in the lead-up to Tuesday’s Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals. “Any way you can get an advantage over the opponent to help your team win, so be it

For the record, yes, LeBron flops , but that shouldn’t be regarded negatively. Five years ago, if you were to call someone a floppper, those were fighting words. Now, flopping is so engrained in the very fabric of NBA basketball. When the anti-flop rule was instituted, I didn’t think it would have an impact because flopping is a part of certain guys’ skillsets and it isn’t something they can simply turn off at the snap of a finger. Seriously.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful. Unless you have never cheated in anything this applies to you as well.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, it has to be on the refs. Theyve been good with flopping calls in the paint generally but awful with flops on the 3pt line or breakaways

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful. Unless you have never cheated in anything this applies to you as well.

Dude :wtf2: ...we're talking about flopping in the NBA......dont be making this a real life intervention blog :laugh3:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you do in any area of your life applies to all areas. Doesn't matter if its flopping in the NBA. So saying that cheaters see the value in flopping is a generalization that includes everyone. Lets be specific in our description then. Thank you.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's no different then all of the players knowing they last touched a ball before it went out of bounds but then stand there and point like they didn't touch it and then keep quiet if the refs gives their team the ball.

Then figure in how many calls the refs actually blow during a game, for instance, James or any player other might take what should be a charge and they call it a block.

It's just another way of getting things to even out over the course of a game.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no different then all of the players knowing they last touched a ball before it went out of bounds but then stand there and point like they didn't touch it and then keep quiet if the refs gives their team the ball.

Then figure in how many calls the refs actually blow during a game, for instance, James or any player other might take what should be a charge and they call it a block.

It's just another way of getting things to even out over the course of a game.
Some people want to pick and choose what is cheating and whats not so they can try and make their least favorite player look bad.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"it's no different". LMAO, then why FLAT-OUT deny ya do it? needless to say that's BS at it's finest...

some people like to give their favorite players a free pass at EVERY opportunity...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"it's no different". LMAO, then why FLAT-OUT deny ya do it? needless to say that's BS at it's finest...

some people like to give their favorite players a free pass at EVERY opportunity...

Where did he ever (in the past deny it)? He said players do what they need to do to get an advantage.

As far as this season, he was never accused or fined, so he must not have flopped(or any other Heat player that I recall).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Laker fan, I can't really say anything about flopping!! Between Vlade and D-Fish, the Lakers have had 2 of the greatest floppers in the history of the game!!

And yes, I loved it every time they got away with it!! Just like all fans do when their team gets away with it!!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flopping is fine.

It is just another way to sell the officials on a 50/50 call.

We only hate flopping when we need a reason to hate the team or player.

Nobody cares if a Washington wizard flops in a game versus the Hornets.

The goal is to win the game. If you can influence officiating, it helps win.

We see it in every sport.

No wide receiver in the history of the NFL has ever missed a catch without screaming for a flag.

baseball players routinely cup balls that bounce with their gloves and sell a catch.

Influencing the officiating are intellect and useful tactics.

There is no surprise that the most intelligent and cerebral guys like Battier are great floppers.

If you don't want flopping. Make the referees earn their money.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Laker fan, I can't really say anything about flopping!! Between Vlade and D-Fish, the Lakers have had 2 of the greatest floppers in the history of the game!!

And yes, I loved it every time they got away with it!! Just like all fans do when their team gets away with it!!

personally i think every effort should be made to remove it from the game. not necessary and WAY too much of a weak play imo. make the fines stiffer and it might go away...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fines are not an appropriate consequence as they do not have any impact on the current game. If a player is determined to have flopped, then they should be assessed a personal foul. This is extremely difficult to determine since whether or not a player flopped is very subjective, but from what I have seen, fines don't seem to be a good deterrent.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate flopping... unless it is my team that is doing it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally i think every effort should be made to remove it from the game. not necessary and WAY too much of a weak play imo. make the fines stiffer and it might go away...

Oh, don't get me wrong!! I agree 100% that it needs to be removed from the game!! I'm just saying that I'm not going to say much because the Lakers had 2 of the greatest floppers ever!! So I'm not going to be criticizing other players for it, when I always laughed when Vlade and D-Fish got away with it!!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fines are not an appropriate consequence as they do not have any impact on the current game. If a player is determined to have flopped, then they should be assessed a personal foul. This is extremely difficult to determine since whether or not a player flopped is very subjective, but from what I have seen, fines don't seem to be a good deterrent.

i hear ya. as for the subjective part you just described reffing basketball in general...:clap:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the refs should get fined for falling for it. They seem to be pretty sure about their other calls so what's the difference?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, don't get me wrong!! I agree 100% that it needs to be removed from the game!! I'm just saying that I'm not going to say much because the Lakers had 2 of the greatest floppers ever!! So I'm not going to be criticizing other players for it, when I always laughed when Vlade and D-Fish got away with it!!

unerstood, and they did. in fact Vlade was NOTORIOUS for it. hell, it seemed he was WORSE at it when he put on a Kings uni...

but in James case he vehemently denied he does it. why lie...?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the refs should get fined for falling for it. They seem to be pretty sure about their other calls so what's the difference?

LOL, finally something i agree with. maybe they should have someone in the stands that grades refs during a game...?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unerstood, and they did. in fact Vlade was NOTORIOUS for it. hell, it seemed he was WORSE at it when he put on a Kings uni...

but in James case he vehemently denied he does it. why lie...?

Yeah, Vlade was the Michael Jordan of flopping!! :laugh3:

I don't blame Lebron for denying it!! I wouldn't admit it either. Why give the refs something to look for to call against you?