• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chavez Jr vs Golovkrin?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are trying to get a deal done for a fight in July.

But I have to say Chavez is nuts if he thinks he has a chance against Golovkin. Not withstanding the fact that Chavez has had the most hand picked fighters in the history of boxing. The amount of nobody's he has fought is staggering. The one real fighter ..Martinez, he lost to.

Golovkin's power is off the charts ... it will be ugly.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost all confidence in Chavez Jr after he fought like shit for 11 rounds against Martinez

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a huge Triple G fan. He has mad power & great balance to deliver that power. A much more skilled fighter than Chavez Jr. could ever be.
But with that said. the concern is
He typically fights at 154 & 160, where as this fight will be at 168lb. Not only that they are is suppose to be stipulations that pays GGG if Chavez comes in over weight. Even if Chavez comes in at 168 he has unofficially been reported over 190 at times in his fights on fight night.

He also has a good chin, so the question is can a small Golovkin hurt a cruiserweight size fighter with a good chin with his power. Also can GGG take hits from a much bigger fighter.

Think Chavez Jr. & his people are counting on fighting a big name that wont run & willing to fight, that is a much smaller fighter.

Martinez was way to skilled of a boxer for Chavez Jr to ever have a chance at beating. Golovkin while also skilled, is willing to take punches to open up his opponents defenses so he can chop them down.

I am excited that finally a big name guy has the balls to fight GGG, but concerned with what will be such a size difference. Now if GGG takes out Chavez or makes it ugly for him. What are the chances of all the big names at 154 or 160 that have already been ignoring him want to fight him. None of them.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Chavez Jr is terrible, I can't even be Mexican biased with him, he tries to fight like his Dad and fails miserably. Hand picked nobodies and still needs to use his name to win close fights. It's sad honestly, I was excited to see the Chavez name back in boxing but he is just bad, and his brother got his first lost earlier in his career than Jr did.

Maybe if he had any head movement at all he wouldn't look so bad.

And Schmoopy, Chavez Jr is bigger but doesn't use his reach at all, he fights inside and doesn't move his head at all either so it's an easy target.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Chavez Jr is terrible, I can't even be Mexican biased with him, he tries to fight like his Dad and fails miserably. Hand picked nobodies and still needs to use his name to win close fights. It's sad honestly, I was excited to see the Chavez name back in boxing but he is just bad, and his brother got his first lost earlier in his career than Jr did.

Maybe if he had any head movement at all he wouldn't look so bad.

And Schmoopy, Chavez Jr is bigger but doesn't use his reach at all, he fights inside and doesn't move his head at all either so it's an easy target.

the irony is Golovkin does fight like Chavez Sr. (who was my favorite boxer, but cant stand Jr)