• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charley Casserly's Mock

Red80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casserly's mock is good as per teams needs and has mocked Tyler Eifert TE to the 49ers at 31st...

2013 NFL Mock Drafts : NFL Mock Draft: Five wide receivers in Round 1

Bears GM has said Chicago is open to trading down their 20th overall is available for offers...

Trade 34th & 61st picks for Bears 20th overall for Patterson if he falls.

Then take Tyler Eifert at 31st to replace Walker.

Phenomenal 1st round 2013 draft for the 49ers.

In 2010 49ers drafted Iupati & Davis both in the 1st round worked out well.

Add defensive depth with veteran players.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Casserly's mock is good as per teams needs and has mocked Tyler Eifert TE to the 49ers at 31st...

Bears GM has said Chicago is open to trading down their 20th overall is available for offers...

Eifert would be a great pick at 31. Just have him work on run-blocking all day in practice. But I'd rather have Tank Carradine, who isn't even in the first round in this mock.

Patterson won't fall to 20 IMO, but if the Niners traded up to 20 it needs to be for Warmack, Cooper or Jarvis Jones (maybe Richardson). No Trading up for a WR like they did with JJ Stokes.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Add defensive depth with veteran players.

if anything, prefer we use high draft picks on defense, then add offensive depth with veteran players.

btw - do these two 2nd rounders get you to the 20th?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if anything, prefer we use high draft picks on defense, then add offensive depth with veteran players.

It works out almost perfectly based on the traditional value chart. Not at all a fan of adding a WR and TE with our first three picks (pre-trade), though.

calison3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Eifert would be a great pick at 31. Just have him work on run-blocking all day in practice. But I'd rather have Tank Carradine, who isn't even in the first round in this mock.

Patterson won't fall to 20 IMO, but if the Niners traded up to 20 it needs to be for Warmack, Cooper or Jarvis Jones (maybe Richardson). No Trading up for a WR like they did with JJ Stokes.

An FSU fan I have watched every game Carradine has played at the D1 level and tend to feel that he would be better suited to play in a 4-3. What makes you think he would be so successful in a 3-4. Are you thinking DE or OLB?

Red80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes that trade up for the 20th works out just about perfect as mentioned.

I'm a fan of finishing off the offense properly. We just went through that whole big ordeal of replacing Alex with Kaep who has a cannon get him the weapons! Walker needs to be replaced Eifert is a big horse can beat any DB's up high for the biscuit especially in the RZ. Patterson can contribute in 2013 and learn and develop under Crabs and Boldin who are very likely both gone in 1-2 years. My prediction is Crabtree leaves SF after 2014 for a team that will outbid the 49ers same situation as Goldson and Walker they go for the big money offers. In this 2013 draft best target that elite wideout future asset Cordarrelle Patterson phenomenal skill set with a huge upside.

Not a fan of playing rookies in our defense on a 49ers SB contending team the opposition will game plan and pick on them for sure. Fill in defensive depth with less expensive FA vets for 2013 and or make trades etc. Too many 49ers fans think just because our pass rush sucked and our secondary coverage sucked in the playoffs we should draft rookies heavily for the defense. On a rebuilding team YES on a Super Bowl contender NO they will be targeted and torched.

Patterson and Eifert would be awesome additions for CK7 and the 49ers 21st ranked passing offense and 23rd ranked 3rd down conversion offense. They are both ranked at the top of their class and are worth going after.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think not only do we need to focus on defense the first three rounds, that's where the talent seems to be in those rounds (dline and safety).

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An FSU fan I have watched every game Carradine has played at the D1 level and tend to feel that he would be better suited to play in a 4-3. What makes you think he would be so successful in a 3-4. Are you thinking DE or OLB?

Since we play the majority of our downs with 4 down lineman he would probably be an upgrade on Brooks as a pass rusher.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I'm thinking RDE. Justin Smith's heir apparent. And I think he'd be successful in the 5 technique because I think he's gerat at getting off of blocks. He has the upper body strength & long arms to keep the tackles from locking onto him IMO. When I watched FSU, I noticed that most of the runs went away from him. I don't know if that's statistically accurate or not, but it's something I noticed. I don't like him at OLB.

Add his ability to Dennis-Rodman his way through the OL with a gtreat swim move, stunts & the speed to get around the edge, and you've got a great RDE IMO. He's honestly a little small to play RDE, and he'll be 24 so he's close to as big as he's going to naturally get. However, with the emphasis on the pass getting stronger every season, I'd rather have a guy who's a tiny bit small & fast over a guy who's a tiny bit strong & slow.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eifert instead of delanie? it would be instant 1st downs all day long.

Red80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eifert instead of delanie? it would be instant 1st downs all day long.

This ^ Eifert would be a huge upgrade over Walker!

Eifert is a beast and can go up and outfight defensive backs for the football look at his film and this photo. On 3rd and longs needing that big 1st down to keep drives going and in the Red Zone needing a big target Eifert brings a much needed option for CK7 and as mentioned the 49ers 23rd ranked 3rd down conversion offense and 21st ranked passing offense.

If Baalke can improve the defense with vets and I believe that's what he's trying to do 49ers fans will love what Eifert and Patterson can bring to the 49ers offense for years to come. I think both project out to be future stud pro bowlers.

Eifert1.jpg

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Eifert is one of 4 players (the others being Warmack, Cooper & Jarvis Jones in that order) for whom I wouldn't mind a trade up. However, I think it would be over-paying to trade more than a couple of low-round picks to move up for him (maybe a 5th, 6th & 7th). That would only move the Niners up maybe 4 spots, which would be worth it if they thought someone else was gonna take Eifert. Otherwise, they're over-paying for the guy. Eifert is a better red-zone threat & a better threat over the middle than Walker. He's not quite the deep threat Walker was, and he's not going to line up in the backfield like Walker did from time to time. And since Boldin already thrives in the slot, Eifert probably wouldn't play nearly as many snaps as Wlaker did (who was primarily a blocker).

He's the best red-zone and receiving threat at TE in this draft, and he's better than anyone from last year's draft in that respect. But the Niners are, and need to continue to be, a running team. And Eifert needs a TON of time & work to become a good run-blocker.

On the flip side of the coin, the Niners can find a TE who isn't a very good receiving threat but excels in run-blocking later in hte draft. So Eifert is the only TE of his kind available, but he's not the only one who can replace the kind of production Walker provided. That's why I wouldn't trade up more than a few spots to get him.

A trade up to 20 or higher would be over-paying. Eifert is not the 20th most valuable player in college football. However, with that said, I'm very confident someone is going to reach for him in the teens. So I don't think he'll be available anyway.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deep threat to replace Mike Wallace.

working out of the slot?

:L epic fucking fail.

That said, I would love for Steelers to manup and draft him, but.....

COMEON, man.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
working out of the slot?

:L epic fucking fail.

That said, I would love for Steelers to manup and draft him, but.....

COMEON, man.

Vulgar use of the word "epic" notwithstading, I'm struggling to understand this post. Who said anything about Mike Wallace?