• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chamblee called Tiger Cheat Now

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its her condescension and her tendency to think that she is an expert on a topic just because she feels passionately about it. She brings in great experts on the subject matter but seems to believe that she is their equal on the subject when she clearly is notand takes one side over the other instead of remaining neutral. I actually think she is a fine actress though. Have you had a chance to see "The Butler" yet? If not do yourself a favor and go see it. Brilliant movie and she is excellent in it.

That could be it...I missed it at the big screen, but will see it I'm sure...wife is a movie buff.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be it...I missed it at the big screen, but will see it I'm sure...wife is a movie buff.

Me too. The Butler is the best movie I've seen in a while. Probably gets a Best Picture nod at the Oscars.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger's shot into 15 in the Masters last year that hit the flagstick was truly unfortunate as that, coupled with the penalty, probably cost him the win.

That said, he should have stepped out of the tournament. The rule that saved his ass was meant for violations seen by viewers but UNKNOWN to the player. It was not intended to cover incorrect drops. He should have been DQed for signing a wrong scorecard.

If he had withdrawn himself from the tourny, he would have no less majors but he would have gained a great deal of points for integrity.

It's been going on 6 years now....does he win a major in '14?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger's shot into 15 in the Masters last year that hit the flagstick was truly unfortunate as that, coupled with the penalty, probably cost him the win.

That said, he should have stepped out of the tournament. The rule that saved his ass was meant for violations seen by viewers but UNKNOWN to the player. It was not intended to cover incorrect drops. He should have been DQed for signing a wrong scorecard.

If he had withdrawn himself from the tourny, he would have no less majors but he would have gained a great deal of points for integrity.

It's been going on 6 years now....does he win a major in '14?

The point of the thread wasn't determine if TW cheated or didn't cheat...but to call out someone who claimed he cheated and then backed off it when challenged...bush league imo.

To your point...maybe he should have, how ever you want to look at it, the drop was an improper drop, and left some gray area that he was able to continue playing, but he did so under the rules.

imo in Tour level golf the self governing part should be eliminated all together...remove all doubt by putting it into the hands of Tour officials and use the technology that's already in place to ensure fairness for everyone in the field.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't agree with that. When officiating becomes the standard, beating the officials becomes the standard.

...And signing an incorrect scorecard should always be a DQ.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't agree with that. When officiating becomes the standard, beating the officials becomes the standard.

...And signing an incorrect scorecard should always be a DQ.

Nah, I don't think the players will change because of it, but we agree to disagree on this one...far far too much money at stake to rely on integrity in professional golf today. But I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, different opinion.

On the DQ point...generally speaking, yes but not when you're allowing fans to point out infractions and the timing of that information getting to the player before the card is signed.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the case of a twig breaking in a players's backswing that they're unaware of being called in by a fan, sure.

Tiger took an improper drop and made quite an amerish mistake.

Those scenarios are wildly different.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disconnect...in the spirit of the game TW should have WD...playing in our local tourney he would've been DQ'd...my point is really about the game...PGAT rules allowed him to continue playing...point being they tweak the rules for their sport...they should use technology instead of fans to ensure fairness for the field.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree with that but in this specific case....DQ!

...like the league cats who blow a drive out into the lateral hazard and think they're entitled to a drop 90 degrees to the fairway instead of where it crossed he hazard.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...like the league cats who blow a drive out into the lateral hazard and think they're entitled to a drop 90 degrees to the fairway instead of where it crossed he hazard.

Thats the thing... He wasn't DQ'd. The debate is whether or not he should have decided to withdraw from the event. I suppose its an ethics question more than a rules question. The green jackets wanted him to play on.. When the green jackets tell you to do something at their place, you do it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny how they forget the words...last crossed the margin...not 90 deg to where the ball ended up...in our tourney you're required to hole out...every year we'd have a new player or 2 and we forewarn them weeks before the tourney...practice short putts, practice short putts, practice short putts and you can tell who didn't by the end of the week.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he wasn't DQed but I think he should have been.

Do you guys play stroke steeler? We play match play so conceding putts is allowed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're on the same page with TW.

54 hole stroke for the traveling tourney with a 36 hole team matchplay (one year we played the matchplay 36 on a RTJ par 3 course - really fun course, not like any par 3 track I've played)...that was a small scale event...4 groups was the largest field.

The big, local sort of AM One type tour...those were all one day stroke play as well.

Matchplay is a totally different game.