• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chamblee called Tiger Cheat Now

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backing down.

What a wimp! The made the comments as a column in SI, but Tiger seems to be threatening GC...I'm a Tiger guy, but if they fire Chamblee over this they are even bigger wimps.

If you say it, stick with it!

Tiger Woods says the next step is up to Golf Channel - ESPN

You don't mess with the Tiger machine. They will try to ruin you. I'm glad Chamblee had the balls to call Woods out as did Johnny Miller. He cheated blatently. When the threats start coming from the Tiger camp though the PGA pucker factor goes way up though. We may have seen the last of Brandel Chamblee.

It amazes me though that they overlook the most egregious cheating he did though when he duck hooked the ball in the water off the tee at 14 at the Players and then intimidated his playing partner into allowing a drop about 140 yards in front of where it crossed the hazard. That was unbelieveable.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't mess with the Tiger machine. They will try to ruin you. I'm glad Chamblee had the balls to call Woods out as did Johnny Miller. He cheated blatently. When the threats start coming from the Tiger camp though the PGA pucker factor goes way up though. We may have seen the last of Brandel Chamblee.

It amazes me though that they overlook the most egregious cheating he did though when he duck hooked the ball in the water off the tee at 14 at the Players and then intimidated his playing partner into allowing a drop about 140 yards in front of where it crossed the hazard. That was unbelieveable.

My point here is just as you've held firm in your thinking...Chamblee should do the same thing, and GC would look super silly firing him if the comments have merit.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point here is just as you've held firm in your thinking...Chamblee should do the same thing, and GC would look super silly firing him if the comments have merit.

Well, his job could be on the line, mine is not, so I gotta give him a pass.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, his job could be on the line, mine is not, so I gotta give him a pass.

Granted, then STFU Chamblee if you're going to run scared when challenged...I don't see Miller backing down when he says inflammatory stuff.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, then STFU Chamblee if you're going to run scared when challenged...I don't see Miller backing down when he says inflammatory stuff.

That's because Miller is a bona fide star and a two time Major Champion so he has the credibility that someone like Chamblee doesn't have.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because Miller is a bona fide star and a two time Major Champion so he has the credibility that someone like Chamblee doesn't have.

I know he rubs people the wrong way, and they way his career ended (putter) you'd think he wouldn't be as he is, but I like Miller the way he is.

Chamblee...agreed, hence my STFU comment to him. If I was concerned about putting food on the table I wouldn't make such comments against a superstar player (I don't care how they are) even if I thought they were true. Saying it then backing off when he knows the damage was already done is cowardice imo.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he rubs people the wrong way, and they way his career ended (putter) you'd think he wouldn't be as he is, but I like Miller the way he is.

Chamblee...agreed, hence my STFU comment to him. If I was concerned about putting food on the table I wouldn't make such comments against a superstar player (I don't care how they are) even if I thought they were true. Saying it then backing off when he knows the damage was already done is cowardice imo.

I love the guy! Miller tells it like it is.....sometimes to his detriment. Chamblee, on the other hand, seems to me to be a guy who wants to create controversy. He reminds me of Skip Bayless. But I'll bet you that the reason he backed off is because his bosses at Golf Channel insisted on it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the guy! Miller tells it like it is.....sometimes to his detriment. Chamblee, on the other hand, seems to me to be a guy who wants to create controversy. He reminds me of Skip Bayless. But I'll bet you that the reason he backed off is because his bosses at Golf Channel insisted on it.

I loved it when Miller said Justin Leonard was choking or something that effect because it was true...I know you don't watch the women (golfers) much but even more accurate was Dottie Pepper saying the US Soleheim team was choking like dogs live on air...it was funny, but true.

GC...yeah, they don't want to be put on ignore by Tiger, but he made the comments working for SI, so I would tell GC no.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved it when Miller said Justin Leonard was choking or something that effect because it was true...I know you don't watch the women (golfers) much but even more accurate was Dottie Pepper saying the US Soleheim team was choking like dogs live on air...it was funny, but true.

GC...yeah, they don't want to be put on ignore by Tiger, but he made the comments working for SI, so I would tell GC no.

Miller has Ian Poulter very mad at him too for commenting on the Poulter's conduct at the Mercedes last year in Hawaii.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller has Ian Poulter very mad at him too for commenting on the Poulter's conduct at the Mercedes last year in Hawaii.

Believable, I don't think many guys really care for him, if you notice he almost never does any one on one interviews with players, but they respect him on some level I guess.

Speaking of a euro...in terms televised golf production...as much as I like Miller, I really prefer they Euro way of handling it...they don't pander to any one player...not even Tiger, that's not in contention...they don't jabber on and on about nothing just to fill dead air, whereas 30 sec of silence in a PGAT broadcast is akin to a mistake.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believable, I don't think many guys really care for him, if you notice he almost never does any one on one interviews with players, but they respect him on some level I guess.

Speaking of a euro...in terms televised golf production...as much as I like Miller, I really prefer they Euro way of handling it...they don't pander to any one player...not even Tiger, that's not in contention...they don't jabber on and on about nothing just to fill dead air, whereas 30 sec of silence in a PGAT broadcast is akin to a mistake.

The one thing I don't like about watching Euro golf telecasts, and I don't know if its just the video format they use, but the ball seems to be fluttering as its flying through the air on the longer shots. Have you noticed that?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I don't like about watching Euro golf telecasts, and I don't know if its just the video format they use, but the ball seems to be fluttering as its flying through the air on the longer shots. Have you noticed that?

Yes...the feed we get on Euro sports broadcasts is not the same, certainly not as good. Even the NFL games don't look the same played over there.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GolfChannel analyst Brandel Chamblee appeared on a somber, darkened set last night to "apologize" for his cheating column about Tiger Woods.

Here's the video in case you missed it.

In essence, he regrets not listening to his son's or the Golf.com editor's advice. Both had valid points that probably would've made all the gossipy drama moot. I thought if Chamblee had just left out the cheating in 4th grade analogy, it wouldn't have been near the story it became.

RICH LERNER: Brandel, let's address the events of the last couple of weeks off the article that you wrote for Sports Illustrated's golf website Golf.com. You've had a chance to reflect on it, consider what you wrote. Is there anything you would have done differently, you wish you would have done differently?

BRANDEL CHAMBLEE: A few things, Rich. You know, in offering my assessment of Tiger’s year and specifically looking at the incidents in Abu Dhabi, Augusta, Ponte Vedra and Chicago, I said Tiger Woods was cavalier about the rules. I should have stopped right there. In comparing those incidents to my cheating episode in the fourth grade, I went too far. Cheating involves intent. Now I, I know what my intent was on that fourth grade math test. But there's no way that I could know with one hundred percent certainty what Tiger's intent was in any of those situations. That was my mistake.

LERNER: Blunt question: Do you have a vendetta against Tiger?

CHAMBLEE: Of course not. My job as an analyst at Golf Channel requires me to analyze golf and offer my opinions. I'd like to think I'm pretty good at it. Tiger Woods is the best player in the game by miles, maybe the best player of all time. And over the years, I have said a lot of positive things about Tiger's golf swing and his accomplishments, and at times I've been critical, but that's my job. And my obligation to the viewer to not only talk about when Tiger plays well, but when he doesn't play well and put it into perspective, as well as every other player. Now at times, I can be a bit forceful with my opinions, and some would say too forceful too many times. Fair enough. And that was obviously the case in this instance. So much so that even my son chimed in on this issue.

LERNER: Your son – what did he have to say about all of it?

CHAMBLEE: Well I have a 45 minute drive to and from the school every day. So we've had a lot of time to talk about this as he and his buddies have read almost all of this online. And at one point in one of those drives he looked at me and he said, "Dad, if you'd been more diplomatic in what you wrote, perhaps people would be talking more about the issue than your assessment." He's a smart kid. And it wasn't until after he said that that I offered my apology on Twitter. Maybe I should have let my son read this column before I hit send on the email.

LERNER: What's next in all of this?

CHAMBLEE: Tiger and his camp, they're upset at Golf Channel; they specifically called Golf Channel out. And to me they're barking up the wrong tree. This column appeared on Golf.com, nobody here at Golf Channel knew anything about it and my editor at Golf.com asked me to rewrite the ending when I sent it in to him. I wished I would have listened to him. But all of this has made me realize that there is a conflict and a confusion when you work for one company and write for another company. So going forward, I'm not going to be writing for Golf Magazine beginning next year. I'll be writing exclusively for GolfChannel.com, (NBCSports.com). And you know, that way if Tiger and his camp have an issue with something I write, they will at least be yelling at the right people.

- See more at: Brandel Chamblee "Apologizes" To Tiger Woods - AvidGolfer Magazine

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Tiger Woods. Although I think he's a bit of a blow hard, Chamblee told the truth

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the feed...I hadn't seen or heard that, but I knew he was back pedaling.

Personally I don't really have an issue with what he wrote...it was on the edge, but if you've read my posts in this thread you know my angle.

I think Norman felt like someone cheated back in his era, but he didn't name any names. When asked why he didn't he said something to the effect that they know who they are or something. Bottom line is I think he thought somebody cheated, but wasn't sure so he didn't name any names because he knows the stigma attached to it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Tiger Woods. Although I think he's a bit of a blow hard, Chamblee told the truth

lol...a friend of mine played golf with Tiger last year...knowing how you feel about Tiger so I was going to upload the pic just to get more riled, but you've never done anything to me so I didn't bother...lol.

This friend is an artist who knows Alonzo Mourning very well and I think that's how it all came about.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...a friend of mine played golf with Tiger last year...knowing how you feel about Tiger so I was going to upload the pic just to get more riled, but you've never done anything to me so I didn't bother...lol.

This friend is an artist who knows Alonzo Mourning very well and I think that's how it all came about.

Its my personal peeve that I can't stand Woods. I don't mind if other people like him. So post away, don't let me stand in your way. Your posts are good.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its my personal peeve that I can't stand Woods. I don't mind if other people like him. So post away, don't let me stand in your way. Your posts are good.

We all have them. Idk why really, but I can't stand Oprah, at least her show anyway...odd chance I had an opportunity to meet her about 10 yrs ago in NY...the same artist friend below was having a show I and helped him...she visited our booth, stayed for a few minutes actually...she was really nice, a lot more down to earth, and lot less type A-ish than I thought she might be...still don't like her show, but...

The pic was text to me, I forgot I changed phones since then...my friend's name is Alonzo as well, and he'd been commissioned by Alonzo Mourning to do some golf art pieces for his home and that's how he got to know Mourning. Anyway...Tiger played 9 holes with them...per him, he seemed like a normal guy, talking, etc. Huge thrill for my friend.

I've played in an LPGA proam...nice looking pro we had, but she wasn't real famous...that's it as far as playing with touring pros.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have them. Idk why really, but I can't stand Oprah, at least her show anyway...odd chance I had an opportunity to meet her about 10 yrs ago in NY...the same artist friend below was having a show I and helped him...she visited our booth, stayed for a few minutes actually...she was really nice, a lot more down to earth, and lot less type A-ish than I thought she might be...still don't like her show, but...

The pic was text to me, I forgot I changed phones since then...my friend's name is Alonzo as well, and he'd been commissioned by Alonzo Mourning to do some golf art pieces for his home and that's how he got to know Mourning. Anyway...Tiger played 9 holes with them...per him, he seemed like a normal guy, talking, etc. Huge thrill for my friend.

I've played in an LPGA proam...nice looking pro we had, but she wasn't real famous...that's it as far as playing with touring pros.

I think its her condescension and her tendency to think that she is an expert on a topic just because she feels passionately about it. She brings in great experts on the subject matter but seems to believe that she is their equal on the subject when she clearly is notand takes one side over the other instead of remaining neutral. I actually think she is a fine actress though. Have you had a chance to see "The Butler" yet? If not do yourself a favor and go see it. Brilliant movie and she is excellent in it.