• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chalmers a Grizz now

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if that fits well

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully Wade and Bosh can get in one last good scolding before he leaves

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're ready to see the Heat get destroyed.

No Kobe tonight. I would be surprised if this was his decision.

Chalmers doesn't seem like a good fit for the slower Memphis offense. Memphis could use a 3-pt threat. Chalmers ins't that.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalmers will be a very nice addition in Memphis.

Tyler Johnson plays better minutes than Chalmers, plus now Richardson gets a shot.
I liked having Chalmers here, but it is a prudent business decision without more than likely weakening the roster.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beno is basically just a shittier version of Goran. No joke, their games are very similar.

Not sure how much he will play in Miami. The organization really like Tyler Johnson which was part of the reason it was easier to trade Rio

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Heat doesn't want to keep either of the players the got in return.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked at all the 3's he was making considering he was never a good 3 point shooter in his good days

I was shocked by how much Whiteside dominated Hibbert. Whiteside made Hibbert look ancient last night. He's big, strong and has quick feet. Definitely has the tools to be elite.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Lebatard on his local show the feeling within the Heat organization was Tyler Johnson had taken his job, and I cant say that I disagree with that assessment. The Heat also felt that a lot of the players in the locker room were loyal to Chalmers and if his minutes got cut for Johnson it could create some bad feelings in the locker room. So that concern combined with luxury tax implications.. lands SuperMario in Memphis.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Lebatard on his local show the feeling within the Heat organization was Tyler Johnson had taken his job, and I cant say that I disagree with that assessment. The Heat also felt that a lot of the players in the locker room were loyal to Chalmers and if his minutes got cut for Johnson it could create some bad feelings in the locker room. So that concern combined with luxury tax implications.. lands SuperMario in Memphis.
I hate that guy so much.

But I pretty much agree with what an above poster said, Memphis doesn't exactly need a guy like Chalmers. He can score, but isn't very consistent with it. Not a big threat from deep (career 36% from deep. not bad but not great either. Kinda helps them in a way considering they're shooting 26% as a team from deep so far this year.) Unsure what Memphis is trying to accomplish with this move, or if they were just trying to help out Miami. They're known to "grit and grind" out games but yet they're giving up 100 PPG this year and only scoring 91...need help on both ends.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that guy so much.

But I pretty much agree with what an above poster said, Memphis doesn't exactly need a guy like Chalmers. He can score, but isn't very consistent with it. Not a big threat from deep (career 36% from deep. not bad but not great either. Kinda helps them in a way considering they're shooting 26% as a team from deep so far this year.) Unsure what Memphis is trying to accomplish with this move, or if they were just trying to help out Miami. They're known to "grit and grind" out games but yet they're giving up 100 PPG this year and only scoring 91...need help on both ends.

I love Lebatard.. but I am from South Florida. Love him or hate him, he knows what is going on with the Miami Heat. He is definitely in with that organization. If he says this is what the Heat are telling him, then I believe it to be true. Plus you have that post from Udonis Haslem on Chalmers twitter basically saying I will die for you my brother. Not in those words... but saying that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was a little surprised with the move considering Green's issues....I figured they would hold off on dealing Chalmers until Green proved he could keep it together...but obviously they must have faith that Green will get his shit together and be dependable.