• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CGD considering going to WSU

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's all over the Cougs boards that they are going to Temple Notre Dame game. I'm not sure ESPN could handle a Halloween in Pullman and not really sure if Pullman could handle all the students and 3 generations of alumni showing up either. It would be must see TV if they do come to Pullman though

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's all over the Cougs boards that they are going to Temple Notre Dame game. I'm not sure ESPN could handle a Halloween in Pullman and not really sure if Pullman could handle all the students and 3 generations of alumni showing up either. It would be must see TV if they do come to Pullman though
It's all speculation man. Nothing official has been made public. Fans can say whatever they want, but the producer of the show said nothing will be announced tonight. Not really sure what they are waiting for. Just make the damned decision. Might have something to do with where each host city is proposing to have the set and whatnot. Might have people going out to both to scout them. Who knows.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all speculation man. Nothing official has been made public. Fans can say whatever they want, but the producer of the show said nothing will be announced tonight. Not really sure what they are waiting for. Just make the damned decision. Might have something to do with where each host city is proposing to have the set and whatnot. Might have people going out to both to scout them. Who knows.
Temple doesn't even play their games on campus...Where the hell they gonna set up gameday?? On 3rd and main?

PULLMAN

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should come to Columbus. It's a bye week, but it's still a good venue.

:dhd:

Yeah, as if the world hasn't heard enough from your kind.

whitecaste.bmp

GHETTO UNFABULOUS!!!!! 3 Couples get married outside a "White Castle" joint!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Temple doesn't even play their games on campus...Where the hell they gonna set up gameday?? On 3rd and main?

PULLMAN
Not sure how else you explain the delay. They typically announce on Sunday. We know they have two choices they are very interested in and kept delaying the choice all day before finally saying it wouldn't come today. They have to be looking into logistics to help them make the decision.

Let's face it though, there will be pissed off fans no matter what they decide, but neither school will make more than a light rumble over it. It's not like either will shake up the college football world any. They are both feel good stories. Fluff pieces. Story over content.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how else you explain the delay. They typically announce on Sunday. We know they have two choices they are very interested in and kept delaying the choice all day before finally saying it wouldn't come today. They have to be looking into logistics to help them make the decision.

Let's face it though, there will be pissed off fans no matter what they decide, but neither school will make more than a light rumble over it. It's not like either will shake up the college football world any. They are both feel good stories. Fluff pieces. Story over content.
If I am WAzzu I end the streak of that flag...ESPN might actually care about this as they had a backup flag in case Ol Crimson got lost in the mail a few weeks ago. they even took time to make a bit about it..

Especially with how much emphasis they've had on that flag this year.

Temple fans saying they "deserve" this....Temple fans popped up out of the woodwork this year..Coug fans have been loyal through it all.

Pullman is a great college town with a very loyal fan base. Temple is a flash in the pan City team.

Cougs/Trees are for the PAC North considerations.

Temple/ND.....? Notre Dame isn't playing for anything at this point, and It's not like Temple is a threat to anything.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fully aware of the flag getting stuck in like mississippi and ESPN overnighting the one they had at their HQ. I spoke of it in the first post of this thread. That's really the only reason they are even looking at WSU. Let's face it, losing to portland state and not being ranked hurts them. A lot.

The Temple/ND game is at least two ranked teams, even if one is about to drop off the map. Hard.

They SHOULD go to WSU. We all want them to go there. It's the right thing to do, but will they?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fully aware of the flag getting stuck in like mississippi and ESPN overnighting the one they had at their HQ. I spoke of it in the first post of this thread. That's really the only reason they are even looking at WSU. Let's face it, losing to portland state and not being ranked hurts them. A lot.

The Temple/ND game is at least two ranked teams, even if one is about to drop off the map. Hard.

They SHOULD go to WSU. We all want them to go there. It's the right thing to do, but will they?
Cougs win this weekend, they'll be ranked.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you need WSU to win this weekend, but I really don't see it. Stanford is currently a 13 point favorite and I'm thinking that is just about right. WSU can't even slow down Hogan and McCaffrey. The game will be won in the trenches. Cougs will get some TD's, but they won't be able to keep up.

Cougs are dangerous, but until they build at least a reasonable defense they won't take the next step.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on here thinks the decision is between Philly and Pullman. There's another fan base who thinks they're in the discussion :pound:

I've heard a lot of "it's Philly or Raleigh" talk lol. To bad I can't see State fans react on the hoop

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are literally the only two spamming the hell out of twitter. If there's a third in the mix they aren't doing much to push their case.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds about right. It doesn't help WSU that the crew is likely going to have to fly into either Spokane or Lewiston since the Pullman Airport is basically a bus station with big drag racing strip.

On the other hand ( and I think someone mentioned this) Temple's stadium is not on campus so they have to figure out where to set up.

Temple/ND seems like the more attractive option just because of the ranking of both teams but I guarantee Pullman would be a better atmosphere.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every response is coug or owl. And there are many more.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they go to WSU... WSU is not ranked and obviously Stanford will have a blowout win, However the ND-Temple Game both teams are ranked AND its on SNF on ABC

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they go to WSU... WSU is not ranked and obviously Stanford will have a blowout win, However the ND-Temple Game both teams are ranked AND its on SNF on ABC
You aren't a CGD fan if you have to ask that. You are only going off your perception of what's important. Anyone who has watching that program at any point over the last dozen years knows why WSU is important to that show and why they deserve consideration. They have so many great stories they can pick from for the coverage as well. McCaffrey is a legit Heisman contender that is ahead of shattering the all purpose yard record. Falk for WSU is lighting up the yards in the air and has helped transform that offense. Leach is a hell of a character and his obsession with pirates will make for some great halloween pieces.

They don't take simply the best game of the week. There's a lot that goes into their decision and it's a lot more about making for compelling TV for the majority of the audience that doesn't have a rooting interest in either team they covering.

It should be in Pullman. It's the right thing to do. It's what the majority of twitter wants. If you don't get it, you haven't watched that show anyway so why do you care?