• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP Championship Ratings

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple! Why have the game on cable, when you can have it on ABC?

Think about the millions of people who couldn't watch the game because they didn't have cable.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of Bama and Clemson fans are too poor to afford cable. Put that shit on a local channel so their antennas pick it up.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is in the SEC region... Texas A&M.

Ohio is pretty big on football, but they also have the NBA, college basketball, hockey, and MLB. Ohio State I would guess makes up 80-90% of the total fanbase in college football between all the MAC schools and Cincinnati. Past Ohio State, not many people care for college football in Ohio. States like Oregon and Washington, who have two primary state colleges, are more college sports based than others. Ohio State doesn't even have an in state rival. Not in recruiting, and not in games. Sure, Canton has the NFL Hall of Fame. But Atlanta has the college football Hall of Fame.

LA also has NBA, college basketball, hockey and no in state rival. I think LA is still pretty college sports based.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA also has NBA, college basketball, hockey and no in state rival. I think LA is still pretty college sports based.
But that's my point. it has other sports. And while people still love USC in LA, there's other things to do. You would think with like 20 million people in LA you could manage getting nearly 75K in the Coliseum on Saturdays. Especially only 7-8 times a year. But they don't. Whereas in Alabama you have two major teams that can fill 95,000 and 101,000 seat stadiums to the brim on any given Saturday.

I'm guessing you'll see more Kobe and Griffin Jerseys in LA than Aikmen or Leinart or Bush. That's just the way it is.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's my point. it has other sports. And while people still love USC in LA, there's other things to do. You would think with like 20 million people in LA you could manage getting nearly 75K in the Coliseum on Saturdays. Especially only 7-8 times a year. But they don't. Whereas in Alabama you have two major teams that can fill 95,000 and 101,000 seat stadiums to the brim on any given Saturday.

I'm guessing you'll see more Kobe and Griffin Jerseys in LA than Aikmen or Leinart or Bush. That's just the way it is.
Sorry I meant Louisiana not LA in California.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how did it compare to BCS Championship games in the past? I could see why last years rating was higher since it was the very first "play off" championship. I can't, however, explain a college BB game having higher ratings.

And while we're talking about ratings, that's some of the biggest bullshit out there. I was chosen to do this once, last year in fact, for Nelson or nelson or whoever the fuck it is. What a racket.