• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Center

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for drafting ideas, an NT is important for sure, but wonder if we need to spend a 1st round pick on one? the reason is the passing trend, and how defenses play a lot of nickel.

if an NT is the BPA when we pick, by all means draft him. but since we're speculating this early, i'd think QB first and next OLB (with pass rushing skills). yes, QB first cause we can't conclude Kaep is it, AND will stay healthy for years.

an OLB for the same reason as NT......the passing trend. wouldn't pass on a 'Ware' or 'Hali' because we already have Aldon and Brooks.

Agreed. I was just trying to say I would spend that high on a NT if it was BPA idk what value will be there when we make our picks hopefully the last pick overall so that might be where Baalke has to find the talent. I think he has done well with the drafts so far so I trust him to get good value players. maybe get some picks for the next year as well

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. I was just trying to say I would spend that high on a NT if it was BPA idk what value will be there when we make our picks hopefully the last pick overall so that might be where Baalke has to find the talent. I think he has done well with the drafts so far so I trust him to get good value players. maybe get some picks for the next year as well

yes, agreed.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Walker HAS value but not so much he can't be replaced next off-season? not calling for him to be replaced but if they do, fine.

how many snaps does he get each game? he is a role player/situational player, so don't see how he is top 2 or even top 5 in importance to our offense? i'd place all 11 starters ahead of Walker in regards to value.

no matter what formation we move into, whether run or pass, all linemen are playing and must execute. so all linemen alone are more important than Walker.

So if our second TE is not a starter, who are the 11 starters you're talking about? Are you including Miller or the 3rd WR? On Sunday night Walker played more snaps on offense than every WR on the roster. Gore only had 5 more snaps than Walker did. If you're going to go by playing time, than Walker is more important than Crabtree based on this week.

I'm not going to go through the game books for every week, but against Miami Crabtree played only 3 more snaps than Walker. As a matter of fact, the OL, Kaep, Gore, Crabtree and VD were the only players with more snaps than Walker against the Dolphins.

One more game, chosen at random - New Orleans. Crabtree played 4 more snaps than Walker in that one.

In the 3 games I looked at Crabtree is the only WR to see the field more than Walker, and it's by 2 snaps over the course of 3 complete games.

But it would be stupid to go just based on who plays the most, or who the starters are. That would have made Sopoaga more valuable than Aldon Smith last year. Care to make that case?

Walker gives the offense the ability to be dynamic because of all the different things that he can do.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They tried to bring in Slowey in camp, I think he played in a couple preseason games, we need to bring in more lineman for sure! At TE Nevada has a big 6'7 TE who can block and catch! Looked pretty good the other day! Go 49ers!!