• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS Refugee NBA Fantasy League?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have two questions:

We each get to draft our own players this year? - It's not automatic?

Are their any salary caps?

MightyMouse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't show up it will draft automatically for you. Half of the fun is going in and drafting your own players, especially with the trash talk. No salary cap.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't show up it will draft automatically for you. Half of the fun is going in and drafting your own players, especially with the trash talk. No salary cap.

Last year I didn't get home soon enough, and made damned sure I go home soon enough. I did some research this year for those secret jewels that have been flying under the radar.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MM is lying... He won't be at the draft...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers are playing Game 3 but I'll draft anyway, anyone know how long it usually takes?

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I WAS ROBBED!!!:gaah:

So my strategy once I got the 11th pick was 2 guards then 2 forwards then 1 guard 1 forward then a center... Vucevic was my trigger so he was the only guy on my que... If he went before my first 6 I was going to pick a center with my next pick... So on my 4th pick I go to select David Lee and somehow he wouldn't load for me to select him then the auto draft picks Vucevic then the Commish suddenly picks David Lee... Coincidence...?:noidea:

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's down for some trade talk? I need a Forward.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I WAS ROBBED!!!:gaah:

So my strategy once I got the 11th pick was 2 guards then 2 forwards then 1 guard 1 forward then a center... Vucevic was my trigger so he was the only guy on my que... If he went before my first 6 I was going to pick a center with my next pick... So on my 4th pick I go to select David Lee and somehow he wouldn't load for me to select him then the auto draft picks Vucevic then the Commish suddenly picks David Lee... Coincidence...?:noidea:

Well being this was my first time actually drafting, I thought the system was going through the forwards first and then would go to the guards, not realizing I needed to go back and forth, so I fucked up a bit, but I still got some good pieces and and I think I have a good chance. I think the worst player I got is Luke Ridnour and Robin Lopez - Brook Lopez would have been better. So I will take some notes this year and remember for next year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's down for some trade talk? I need a Forward.

I think I ended up with too many forwars on the better sde. I would consider one for a really good point guard or shooting guard and do an upgrade

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My draft kind of sucked, the computer chose like 3 or 4 of my guys by accident. It was fun although C-Rock straight robbed all of us.

P.S. If I had known how to draft ahead of time I woulda scooped up D-Rose as fast as the flash.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My draft kind of sucked, the computer chose like 3 or 4 of my guys by accident. It was fun although C-Rock straight robbed all of us.

P.S. If I had known how to draft ahead of time I woulda scooped up D-Rose as fast as the flash.

I had him picked, but all I saw was the fuckin forwards and didn't know I could click on the guards and get me Rose or one of the others, and I knew Griffin was on I had picked, so I grabbed. Now that I know the system, well, could we redo our draft all over - lol
:laugh3:

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His team is pretty good, but Rondo wont play for awhile, Granger is a question mark and he has Gerald Wallace as one of his starting forwards and he wont do anything.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team is yours?

The thing is I have Ryan Anderson on my inactive list - nice forward at 16 ppg, 6 rpg and 1 apg - that's worht 23 points per game when he plays, but I already have others and my Center sucks big time, so I really need to upgrade. I might be able to replace Robin Lopez with Amare Stoudemire though - I have him as a reserve as well

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I ain't afraid of C-Rock's team.:lame:

BTW, I'm interested in Harkless. You interested in either Waiters or Kanter?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's what I thought from all the forwards. Who do you like on my team?

Well all of your forwards except for Josh Smith suck - lol, honestly though you need to get better reserves while you can if you have an injury, those are going to crucify you. I'd love to have one your guards. I know you're not going to give up Hardin, but one of the others would appease me and give me a chance to upgrade my weakest guard by a couple of points and give you a better forward. I would really love to upgrade my center, but you only have one decent one. We might be in the same boat here - lol

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well all of your forwards except for Josh Smith suck - lol, honestly though you need to get better reserves while you can if you have an injury, those are going to crucify you. I'd love to have one your guards. I know you're not going to give up Hardin, but one of the others would appease me and give me a chance to upgrade my weakest guard by a couple of points and give you a better forward. I would really love to upgrade my center, but you only have one decent one. We might be in the same boat here - lol

I wont trade Harden or George, anyone else. Do you like Teague or Thompson? I wanna hold onto Evans because he will be eligible at Forward once he plays enough games at SF when the season starts.

Josh Smith isn't a great team player, but he puts up numbers and that's all it's about.

Not too worried about the bench right now. Once the season starts I can make waiver moves and add depth. I'm very deep at guard right now.