• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS New 7 round mock draft

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins
Round Overall Player Notes
1 2 EDGE Chase Young, Ohio State
3 66 OT Lucas Niang, TCU
4 108 TE Hunter Bryant, Washington
4 142 WR Bryan Edwards, South Carolina
5 162 CB L'Jarius Sneed, Louisiana Tech from PIT/SEA
7 216 LB Cam Brown, Penn State
7 229 DL Malcolm Roach, Texas from DEN
Washington should certainly be open to trading down, but I suspect the price will be too much for teams interested in moving up. So that leaves Ron Rivera to welcome Chase Young into the fold, which is quite the consolation prize. The best prospect in this class, Young is an immediate impact player to build around as the team transitions to a 4-3.

With no second-round pick after the move up last year for Montez Sweat, Washington is stuck waiting until Round 3 before landing some tackle help in the form of Niang. The TCU product has the talent to go higher than this, but medical red flags to help push his stock down enough for Washington to land him.

Bryant and Edwards also carry injury red flags that could depress their stock, but if they pan out, it gives Dwayne Haskins the weapons he needs in the passing game to be successful. Sneed could be a fit at corner or safety, though he's unlikely to have an immediate impact. Brown brings needed talent to the linebacker position for the new scheme, and he could play his way into playing time as a rookie. Roach adds depth to a strong interior defensive line group.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not bad at all. It addresses all the areas. Bryant and Edwards are mini steals in the 4th.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see a need for a d/lineman . but its round 7 , i would have gone TE or o/lineman even wr

i like pittman over edwards but other then the injury its splitting hairs

bryant or trautman is a good choice at te at that spot

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see a need for a d/lineman . but its round 7 , i would have gone TE or o/lineman even wr

i like pittman over edwards but other then the injury its splitting hairs

bryant or trautman is a good choice at te at that spot

We would be lucky if Pittman is there at #66 never mind 4th round. I think Pittman goes 2nd round and we lose out on Claypool going very late 2nd. Edwards should be there at #66 but we could go OT at #66.

Its very possible 12 WR's go in the first 2 rounds. I think that would tie a record.