• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs and Mike Brown have "handshake" agreement to return

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOW the hell is this dude still getting jobs???

If it's one thing I've seen repeatedly from Mike Brown coached teams, it's lack of an offense and situational awareness. He was supposed to be a defensive guru but the Lakers actually got WORSE with him as coach on D.

THIS is why the Cavs can't ever win.......horrible FO, HC, and unless they draft them, they can't attract talent. They may as well move the team.

Beat me to it. I'm baffled by the love Brown gets from some people. He's vastly overrated. As you pointed out, he's suppose to be a defensive coach but LA wasn't all that good defensively with him. And going to back to his first stint with Cleveland, he was laughably bad at refusing to make any in game adjustments. His gameplans routinely consisted of "Um...Lebron, figure it out." He's much like how Vinny Del ***** is now in that he's clearly outmatched, often bumbling through games, yet the talent on the team makes up for his coaching deficiencies.

Maybe he'll totally figure out but my prediction is this. He'll be fired in two years after failing to make the playoffs both years and Kyrie Irving is threatening to leave town either via FA or trade

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers also had a much better winning pct with Brown then D'antoni....FAce it, Brown is a great coach, and built a great defensive team in cleveland. It wasn't Brown's fault, that Lebron choked and quit every year in the playoffs.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers also had a much better winning pct with Brown then D'antoni....FAce it, Brown is a great coach, and built a great defensive team in cleveland. It wasn't Brown's fault, that Lebron choked and quit every year in the playoffs.
Dont feed the Troll. I'm going to call out every one of your troll replies Sman.:lol:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wasn't Lebron. It was losing Mike Brown, Shaq, Z, West, and (varajeo? Mo Williams to injury), and Lebron as well....Losing 6 key players and a great coach was why they went from penthouse to basement....

....I love how Lebron nut lovers, laughably try giving Lebron all the credit. When clearly it had more to do with losing all their big men, and the coach....

This is why Lebron is so hated. He's all hype and nothing to back it up, except a career of choking...

Peace!!

All-hype...LMAO. 3 MVPs prob 4, 3 championship app 1 title so far. He had no one on that team, Mo and he has only an All-Star reserve 1-time and LOL at Shaq he was old and ready to retire.

Even with those mediocre guys and old fucks they still woukdn't have 35 wins. W/o LBJ the pieces don't fit. Yeah Brown did great for LA...sure

LBJ made that team who they were, not f'n Mike Brown...what a joke!

Mike Brown will be out in a couple like Byron

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:ban:You sound dumb, it is like you are trying sound stupid...lmao

Really...

Is this a choke, a quit! One of many, cmon you TROLL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just saved the Lakers about 8 million dollars over the next two years. Mitch Kupchak should buy the Cavaliers a dinner out

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lebron is just doing that to tease fans of other teams into wanting him. If Heat win the title the next 2 years you really believe Lebron wouldn't try to stay there and live up to his promise of 7 titles there. At the end of the day that's what he really wants to do in that situation. Other teams would be better off not getting their hopes up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record - there is no way that Mike Brown collects both 4.5 million a year from the Lakers for the next two years - and another 4.0 million a year from the Cavaliers at the same time. There certain standards in the industry

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record - there is no way that Mike Brown collects both 4.5 million a year from the Lakers for the next two years - and another 4.0 million a year from the Cavaliers at the same time. There certain standards in the industry
Is that for sure? Otherwise it would depend on the contract. They fired him so unless there are provisions in the contract they are obligated to pay him. He may settle for a lesser amount to cut all ties but its up to him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that for sure? Otherwise it would depend on the contract. They fired him so unless there are provisions in the contract they are obligated to pay him. He may settle for a lesser amount to cut all ties but its up to him.

It's a standard in the contract - unless Mike Brown asked for an exception to that which I would find doubtful. In fact Donald Sterling a good number of years ago sued a former coach that was fired for not trying hard enough to get another coaching job that would get him off the hook. Mabe I will google it and see what I can find and then let you know

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's that supposed to mean? That link makes it sound almost like Browns contract counts towards the cap. Is that right? I never knew the coaches salary was included.

No - the cba doesn't govern the coaches in any way or form, but it is a standard clause for all of the coaches in the NBA that if a coach is fired, he still gets paid unless re-hired. In that case the numbers I heard yesterday was Mike Brown was being paid 4.5 mil a year by the Lakers but agreed to a $4.0 mil a year with the Cavs which means the Lakers still have to pay the difference of .5 million and would then save the Lakers 7 million bucks. the 8 million over two years less the Cavs amount is how they are coming up with that 7.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No - the cba doesn't govern the coaches in any way or form, but it is a standard clause for all of the coaches in the NBA that if a coach is fired, he still gets paid unless re-hired. In that case the numbers I heard yesterday was Mike Brown was being paid 4.5 mil a year by the Lakers but agreed to a $4.0 mil a year with the Cavs which means the Lakers still have to pay the difference of .5 million and would then save the Lakers 7 million bucks. the 8 million over two years less the Cavs amount is how they are coming up with that 7.
Wow! I bet thats just the tip of the iceberg on how the owners slant the playing field so its in their favor.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! I bet thats just the tip of the iceberg on how the owners slant the playing field so its in their favor.

That my friend is the reason that the bible says the poor will get poorer and the rich will get richer