• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Catch a Movie Mistake

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in Diamonds are Forever, bond steals that moon buggy. they are chasing him, he goes by the camera, then you see a buggy wheel that came off, rolling off to the side, then, next shot, he's still going.

that always cracked me up.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodfellas: In the diner/tuck robbery scene they are leaning against a 65 Impala, but the timeline says 1963.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As compared to Lucas???

:nod:

Lucas lost his mind a long time ago and the new SW 1-3 is a perfect example of what happens when your a old dictator with questionable mental health surrounded by a bunch of yes people.

I predict that they will use the same model as they did for the Marvel movies. You can't argue with the initial success. But Disney will go overboard in money grab mode, and just like with the Marvel movies where you now are getting 3 a year, the inevitable burnout. It's almost a given because Disney paid Lucas 4 billion for basically a franchise that had been driven into the ground. Disney will of course use that kings ransom as reason for trying to make double or triple off that investment in the long term. That's what the mouse does.

If the initial reports are correct, were talking 6 SW movies in 6 years. 3 (released every other year) dealing with the main 7-9 storyline, while 3 other movies will be based on individual character storylines during different time periods. Yep, the first couple years, everyone is going to be stoked, but by year 4-5, expect burnout.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas lost his mind a long time ago and the new SW 1-3 is a perfect example of what happens when your a old dictator with questionable mental health surrounded by a bunch of yes people.

I predict that they will use the same model as they did for the Marvel movies. You can't argue with the initial success. But Disney will go overboard in money grab mode, and just like with the Marvel movies where you now are getting 3 a year, the inevitable burnout. It's almost a given because Disney paid Lucas 4 billion for basically a franchise that had been driven into the ground. Disney will of course use that kings ransom as reason for trying to make double or triple off that investment in the long term. That's what the mouse does.

If the initial reports are correct, were talking 6 SW movies in 6 years. 3 (released every other year) dealing with the main 7-9 storyline, while 3 other movies will be based on individual character storylines during different time periods. Yep, the first couple years, everyone is going to be stoked, but by year 4-5, expect burnout.

Speaking eps 7-9, have they announced if they are implementing Mara Jade, Jayson, Jayna, Anakin, etc or are they starting from scratch?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first SW movie, they filmed a to be cut scene where Jabba visits Han Solo the MF hanger bay. They actually had a human play Jabba during the discussion where Solo is negotiating with him that he's got a job and will pay him back. Harrison Ford is walking by and behind him, there was a something sticking out of the ground on the movie set so Ford had to step up on it and over it. This scene was cut from the original 77 release.

When they reissued the new DVD versions, they added the scene back into the movie, but added a CGI Jabba. Because the clip included the part where Ford steps up on and over this thing while talking and it didn't look right, they made it appear he accidentially steps on Jabbas tail.

I agree with those that say adding the CGI in the 1st place was a horrible mistake regardless of the context (the band at Jabba's Palace is my least favorite :L ), but given the fact they chose to use the CGI I'm not sure I follow what the mistake was here. When Han stepped behind him and onto his tail, CGI Jabba reacts to having his tail stepped on. At the time the scene was shot they hadn't decided who/what Jabba was going to be. But in the end it seems to me they managed to improvise and made it work. We may not like the CGI but at least it made sense.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with those that say adding the CGI in the 1st place was a horrible mistake regardless of the context (the band at Jabba's Palace is my least favorite :L ), but given the fact they chose to use the CGI I'm not sure I follow what the mistake was here. When Han stepped behind him and onto his tail, CGI Jabba reacts to having his tail stepped on. At the time the scene was shot they hadn't decided who/what Jabba was going to be. But in the end it seems to me they managed to improvise and made it work. We may not like the CGI but at least it made sense.

:agree:

I saw the behind he scenes of this very scene and knew this story before. I agree it isn't exactly a "mistake" in the sense of the intention of this thread, but I get where the poster was coming from.

It was a mistake to include the scene as it was. The facial expression that Jabba makes as Han steps on his tail was WAY to cartoony, and are we supposed to believe that Han would step on a seriously bad-ass gangster like that without at least acknowledging it?

Ignoring these technicalities, the conversation adds more meaning to Hans character at the time. We understand more about the predicament he is in and it ends up meaning more when he comes to Luke's aid at the battle of the DS.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

I saw the behind he scenes of this very scene and knew this story before. I agree it isn't exactly a "mistake" in the sense of the intention of this thread, but I get where the poster was coming from.

It was a mistake to include the scene as it was. The facial expression that Jabba makes as Han steps on his tail was WAY to cartoony, and are we supposed to believe that Han would step on a seriously bad-ass gangster like that without at least acknowledging it?

Ignoring these technicalities, the conversation adds more meaning to Hans character at the time. We understand more about the predicament he is in and it ends up meaning more when he comes to Luke's aid at the battle of the DS.

Lucas went for more and more corny slapstick in the 4-6 digitals, and especially in the new 1-3. It was one of many reasons they fail so bad. It's like he's purposely going out of his way to mock the entire thing which I think he really wanted to do.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking eps 7-9, have they announced if they are implementing Mara Jade, Jayson, Jayna, Anakin, etc or are they starting from scratch?

There is no confirmation on base script yet. JJ Abrams is ofcourse going to keep that as secret as possible. Although the casting is already in the works and I'm sure there are a million people trying to get on this project. While not confirmed, there has been chatter about the new movie starting off about 15-20 years past the destruction of the last deathstar. Dealing with Han and Leia raising a pair of kids, possibly twins and......drum roll........one takes to the good side of the force, while the other ofcourse goes bad. Luke becomes the new leader of the Jedi order and attempts to rebuild it. This would actually work well considering the ages of Ford, Fisher, and Hammill now. It's reported they've agreed to have some type of cameo appearances in the new movie. If so, it makes sense the new movie time period begins 20 or so years after ROTJ.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the more "infamous" ones are...

The "hanging dwarf" in the Wizard of Oz

This is actually a myth and there was no hanging dwarf. It's actually some exotic bird in the background which they had a bunch of as part of the set.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no confirmation on base script yet. JJ Abrams is ofcourse going to keep that as secret as possible. Although the casting is already in the works and I'm sure there are a million people trying to get on this project. While not confirmed, there has been chatter about the new movie starting off about 15-20 years past the destruction of the last deathstar. Dealing with Han and Leia raising a pair of kids, possibly twins and......drum roll........one takes to the good side of the force, while the other ofcourse goes bad. Luke becomes the new leader of the Jedi order and attempts to rebuild it. This would actually work well considering the ages of Ford, Fisher, and Hammill now. It's reported they've agreed to have some type of cameo appearances in the new movie. If so, it makes sense the new movie time period begins 20 or so years after ROTJ.

I think I read something like this on IMDB a couple months back. My understanding is that all the major characters have signed on for at least cameos (Ford, Hammil, Fisher, Williams...). No word on Ratzenburger yet.

It certainly looks like they are going with AT LEAST Jayson/Jayna. Maybe they are skipping Anikan and Mara. Can't say I disagree with those decisions. While Mara was a cool character, she presented continuity and logistical issues with the Jedi Order. Anikan may be something they deal with in 8 or 9, but I am not sure he is critical.

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the movie Commando right after Sully gets killed not last but something like third, arnold and rae dawn chong drive off in a car that was clearly totaled on one side but perfect when they drive off to go kill some more dudes.
Whenever I think of movie mistakes, this is the first movie I go to. Besides this one there are many others:
When he is holding the guy over the cliff, you can see the wire holding him up.
When in the final battle scene you can see someone fall off of the roof onto an air bag
Many card board people get blown up.

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was recently watching a movie and the actor(ess) called the other actor(ess) by their real first name. Wish I could remember which one it is. I had to go back on the DVD to confirm it.

As someone else mentioned, IMDB is a great and amusing source for this.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the new movie Paranoia in one scene when Adam and Miles Meechem meet Wyatt in his office Meechem sits down next to the Judith but in the next scene we see him in the background standing up.

I can make it to the gate in 2.6 seconds.....can you?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure if this qualifies as a mistake for this thread but Young Guns 1 & 2 seemed to have some continuity issues between the 2 movies. Individually both were fine and loosely based on actual historical events. But if you were to watch them both in sequence as if they were 1 movie, there were several things that didn't make sense. It was clear that when the 1st was written they either had no plans at all for a sequel or if they did they didn't give it much thought yet. It's almost as if the 2 movies were written independently from one another but just happened to cast 3 of the same actors.

There were a few minor things but the most obvious related to the Pat Garret character, who just happened to be played by 2 different actors in the 2 movies. By the end of the 1st he already expressed interest to Billy about becoming sheriff but in the 2nd one he had no interest at all in becoming sheriff at the beginning until the Governor and company approached him about the idea.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure if this qualifies as a mistake for this thread but Young Guns 1 & 2 seemed to have some continuity issues between the 2 movies. Individually both were fine and loosely based on actual historical events. But if you were to watch them both in sequence as if they were 1 movie, there were several things that didn't make sense. It was clear that when the 1st was written they either had no plans at all for a sequel or if they did they didn't give it much thought yet. It's almost as if the 2 movies were written independently from one another but just happened to cast 3 of the same actors.

There were a few minor things but the most obvious related to the Pat Garret character, who just happened to be played by 2 different actors in the 2 movies. By the end of the 1st he already expressed interest to Billy about becoming sheriff but in the 2nd one he had no interest at all in becoming sheriff at the beginning until the Governor and company approached him about the idea.

Another goof was when they forgot to edit out Jon Bon Jovi.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<Insert movie here> on how many times you hear tires squeal on dirt/grass.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In The Thing when the guy gets his arms ripped off, he is wearing a mask.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pink Floyd "the wall"...start to finish..