• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carter and Richards hard partying ways led to trades?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think richards will turn the corner a bit.. now he wont be the leader, he'll be the new guy, trying to fit in.. and if the kings have the right mind set he'll adopt it..

or he'll slide into simmonds' spot and take doughty's drinking to the next level and cripple another guy with tons of potential

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing worse than being traded to Philly is, apparently being traded OUT of Philly.

It's like clockwork, everyone who comes in is the saviour, everyone who leaves is the worst human who ever lived and it was all their problems that doomed the team. Lindros. McNabb. Brind'amour. Mark Howe. Brian Propp. Tim Kerr. Cliff Lee (although, he's okay again, I guess). Vick. Iverson. Roenick. blah blah blah.

*yawn*

Wake me when Jagr is the evil one. Like around February.

Remember, Probert was beloved while doing lines between periods. Because he never played for a fanbase that expects 82-0, and anyone who doesn't achieve it is a failure and that failure MUST be explained.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing worse than being traded to Philly is, apparently being traded OUT of Philly.

It's like clockwork, everyone who comes in is the saviour, everyone who leaves is the worst human who ever lived and it was all their problems that doomed the team. Lindros. McNabb. Brind'amour. Mark Howe. Brian Propp. Tim Kerr. Cliff Lee (although, he's okay again, I guess). Vick. Iverson. Roenick. blah blah blah.

*yawn*

Wake me when Jagr is the evil one. Like around February.

Remember, Probert was beloved while doing lines between periods. Because he never played for a fanbase that expects 82-0, and anyone who doesn't achieve it is a failure and that failure MUST be explained.

love em or hate em, those are the options.

people playing for other teams are hated (99%).. guys playing for philly teams are loved (around 60% of the time, cause thats the philly way)

produce on the playing surface for a philly team or you're hated, its simple.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have high expectations. We have seen about everything except a championship.

MrMagooo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems to me the issue is Philly management much more than this story. I mean who cares really if Richards and Carter party too hard? Who the fuk is the coach to tell the players what they can and cannot do on free time.

Seems obvious to me that this story leaked out now. Flyers management is playing CYA.

This coming from a fan that hates Mike richards (cause he is a puss face cheap shot puke crap eating wus bag)

Whew!

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me the issue is Philly management much more than this story. I mean who cares really if Richards and Carter party too hard? Who the fuk is the coach to tell the players what they can and cannot do on free time.

Seems obvious to me that this story leaked out now. Flyers management is playing CYA.

This coming from a fan that hates Mike richards (cause he is a puss face cheap shot puke crap eating wus bag)

Whew!

Being a pro athlete is different than working for Wal Mart or the post office(or wherever). The franchise makes such a huge investment in these players. Most of the time it's even written in to the contract. You play by their rules. You represent the team and the city you play for. They have every right to dictate how you carry yourself away from the rink or, as Carter and Richards foound out, it's their way or the highway.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a pro athlete is different than working for Wal Mart or the post office(or wherever). The franchise makes such a huge investment in these players. Most of the time it's even written in to the contract. You play by their rules. You represent the team and the city you play for. They have every right to dictate how you carry yourself away from the rink or, as Carter and Richards foound out, it's their way or the highway.

well said.. all i can add is that if any of us saw a decline in our work ethic because we partied too much, we'd get fired.. trading a hockey player is the only way you can 'fire' him

say what you want about not wanting organizations to control their players off-ice habits.. they are employees just like the rest of us.. when something affects our work in a negative way, our boss would tell us to stop or find a new job

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tell me more.