• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dry Island

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya no doubt.. i forget about him cause i wanted vokoun so badly.. i think/hope bryz will be able to erase that.. but he cant start fixing that til october haha

and i agree, i think briere is going to be an animal this year.. he's the only guy on the team that i thought played with rage.. i remember one time, i think it was two years ago, the game against the avs.. where he scored a goal when the flyers were really slumping.. he swung so hard at the puck that he knocked himself over.. i love his attitude

i think pronger/timo could be a pretty coold pair by themselves actually.. especially as a 2nd pair.. then have carle/lilja/gust/bart fight it out for the bottom pair

Only thing that worries me about Briere is his health, bu tif he stays healthy I am sure he will [ick up a lot of our barely lost scoring. Not to mention he plays posessed in the playoffs, he should be great.

As a Meszaros fanboy, I really think he should swap spots with Carle. I still like Coburn with Kimmo, and Carle is still a good dman, just out worst of our top 5 guys. I would like a Carle-Lilja/Bart/Gust 3rd pair, that way Mesz gets the time he deserves and hopefully the time to even flourish into a solid top pair guy

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Only thing that worries me about Briere is his health, bu tif he stays healthy I am sure he will [ick up a lot of our barely lost scoring. Not to mention he plays posessed in the playoffs, he should be great.

As a Meszaros fanboy, I really think he should swap spots with Carle. I still like Coburn with Kimmo, and Carle is still a good dman, just out worst of our top 5 guys. I would like a Carle-Lilja/Bart/Gust 3rd pair, that way Mesz gets the time he deserves and hopefully the time to even flourish into a solid top pair guy

Briere will be fine and if his health becomes an issue Homer knows the deal and will rest him until he's either needed for some regular season points or wait till playoffs when he's a beast!!!

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
in reference to this 'dry island' story again, eklund reported that he has a strong feeling it was not 2 current flyers that leaked the story rather 2 departed flyers. that being said who do you think it was?

i am going to say carcillo and leino. carcillo prolly wanted to take a shot at the flyers for not resigning him and leino because he seemed loose lipped on things like this.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way the words Dry and Island apply to Jeff Carter are that he's always dry at the end of games because he doesn't work hard enough to break a sweat, and he would be unable to score on an open net in the playoffs if you made it the size of an island.