• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carmen and Jurko: 45 minute sit-down with Phil Emery

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I don't really disagree with you. I think Emery is being a tad harsh in his judgement of later round QBs. For one thing, they simply get fewer opportunities to play because they are drafted later, so in a way they are disadvantaged. If late round QBs got as many snaps as high rounders as consistently as high rounders are, would we have more Tom Bradys? I don't know, but we might.

But what's odd about it is that they are HIS words. Why would Emery essentially broadcast to his newly-drafted 6th rounder "hey, frankly dude, my philosophy says you aren't a quality QB?" I mean....seems like he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut. Right?

Yeah, you're right. He definitely tied himself up in a little bit of a pickle where he didn't have to.

I'm willing to bet Trestman was high on Fales, and that had a lot to do with it. However, that doesn't mean Emery still had to pull the trigger on it.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. If there is literally one question I could ask Emery on any subject, that would probably be it,

I would ask him why in hell did we hire Mel Tucker???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I tried to hold myself back from responding to this post.
But fuck it :agree:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. If there is literally one question I could ask Emery on any subject, that would probably be it,

I would ask him why in hell did we hire Mel Tucker???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I would ask you noon.....why not? The question I would ask is why run Lovies defense?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he says has merit to Emery and to Emery only. Who's to say that Fales wasn't on Emery's draft board as a second round talent? That's the funny thing about Emery's scoring system and his scouts, we aren't privy to how Phil scores talent.