• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Hyde

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde is doing a good job. With a better Oline and a better Game plan Hyde would be having a great year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hyde is doing a good job. With a better Oline and a better Game plan Hyde would be having a great year.

Between these two, IMO it is by far the O-line. With the limitations of Kaep combined with this O-line, you're limited in your game planning.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why 49ers' RB Carlos Hyde Continues To Shine Despite Offensive Woes

Yes, fortunately Hyde is working out well. If this O-line can't pass block, they should at least run block WITHOUT penetration?!

if we're going to spell Hyde without Bush, Hayne is fine for 'short yardage'. Otherwise, rather use Davis "between the 20's".

If you watch the really good running teams with dominant lines, the oline will push the dline forward and the RB will gain a couple of yards before even seeing the defender. With us, the line at best holds its ground or gets pushed back with defenders getting into the backfield.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you watch the really good running teams with dominant lines, the oline will push the dline forward and the RB will gain a couple of yards before even seeing the defender. With us, the line at best holds its ground or gets pushed back with defenders getting into the backfield.

Yep, but it doesn't happen enough with our line, and i notice it with Marcus Martin the most. Sometimes i watch the O-line instead of the ball, and Martin doesn't get a good push. Martin is 'stood up' too often, and occasionally gets pushed back.

Kilgore won't solve our O-line by himself, but he can't hurt.

in this last game, Hyde was re-directed too many times. fortunately, his tough running made up for some of it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but it doesn't happen enough with our line, and i notice it with Marcus Martin the most. Sometimes i watch the O-line instead of the ball, and Martin doesn't get a good push. Martin is 'stood up' too often, and occasionally gets pushed back.

Kilgore won't solve our O-line by himself, but he can't hurt.

in this last game, Hyde was re-directed too many times. fortunately, his tough running made up for some of it.

I totally agree. Martin was recognized as the worst olineman again this week on the 49ers. I think he had something like a -5.7 grade. He is constantly getting pushed backward. A healthy Kilgore would be a big improvement. Martin is only 21 years old, hopefully he has room to grow and get physically stronger.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin I think loses his spot when Kilgore gets back unless they move Martin to Guard and Boone to RT to replace pears. If Tiller plays well martin has no shot to start.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I totally agree. Martin was recognized as the worst olineman again this week on the 49ers. I think he had something like a -5.7 grade. He is constantly getting pushed backward. A healthy Kilgore would be a big improvement. Martin is only 21 years old, hopefully he has room to grow and get physically stronger.

He looks more than wide enough, and stout? This off season he supposedly lost 'baby fat' and is the best shape he'll be in? i recall reading an article specifically on this.

anyway, what i'm leading to is.......he's likely be as 'strong' as he'll ever be. He needs to gain technique which comes faster with experience. IF there is no improvement by the time Kilgore returns, doesn't look good going forward.

Not asking for instant Pro-Bowl, but SOME signs of improvement, some flashes of quality play.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thompson: 49ers' Hyde a beast, but may need to embrace rest mode

This is a tough spot for the 49ers. After two weeks of solid ball, they are actually back in the realm of hope. A win over Seattle on Thursday puts them right in the mix for a wild-card spot and with an even record in the NFC West.

All the skill and fight they can muster is required if the 49ers are going to beat Seattle, who will be desperate for a win to keep their Super Bowl hopes alive.

Colin Kaepernick, who has put together two good games to get out of his rut, will need the support of a productive running game if he is going to exorcise his Seahawks demons.

Now more than ever, the 49ers need Hyde.

Obviously, ai huge game against a West team, and a home game. Seattle has to travel on a short week no excuses.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't like our match up against them. I have a feeling Lynch will have a day. Our Run D isn't great this year.

I am nervous about this game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just don't like our match up against them. I have a feeling Lynch will have a day. Our Run D isn't great this year.

Seattle is favored in SF for a reason, but we'll see? Just don't let them get too far ahead.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not all that worried about Lynch or our run D. I haven't seen the stats but I don't think our run D is bad this year. Its definately not nearly as bad as our pass D. Seattle's oline is bad and I think we could at least contain Lynch. My biggest concern is the nonexistent pass rush. I don't know if this front seven could even get through Seattle's crappy oline. I could see them having difficulty containing Wilson in the pocket and him really hurting this D with his short and medium range passes against our crappy zone pass defense.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked up the stat. The 49ers are ranked 15th in rushing defense at 102 yards per game. Last year the team gave up 100 yards per game. Not bad really and not far off from last year

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked up the stat. The 49ers are ranked 15th in rushing defense at 102 yards per game. Last year the team gave up 100 yards per game. Not bad really and not far off from last year
for some reason they look really bad. I think its because Im use to seeing us stop running backs in the back field and this year its always tackled for positve yards.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not all that worried about Lynch or our run D. I haven't seen the stats but I don't think our run D is bad this year. Its definately not nearly as bad as our pass D. Seattle's oline is bad and I think we could at least contain Lynch. My biggest concern is the nonexistent pass rush. I don't know if this front seven could even get through Seattle's crappy oline. I could see them having difficulty containing Wilson in the pocket and him really hurting this D with his short and medium range passes against our crappy zone pass defense.

good point, Seattle's O-line isn't so great either? Their line might be as bad if not worse than ours?

we've pressured Wilson in the past, but he can still execute after pressure.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3