• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos and 49ers want a deal done

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damn, I didn't realize he was that old. It's probably because he moves like a guy in his twenties, and I can't imagine he's going to drop off much if at all next year. I hope we re-sign him quickly.

he won't drop off NEXT year, but very few players cheat father time. we don't want a large, long term deal like we gave Clements.

i know he's SOLID, but Clements looked SOLID too..........till he hit 30. then the drop offs came in bigger chunks.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Free-agent CB Rogers wants to stay in San Francisco

Niners cornerback Carlos Rogers, a free-agent-to-be, discussed his desire to stay in San Francisco, for the right price.

Rogers, 30, had a career-high six interceptions and earned the first pro Bowl berth of his seven-year career this season.

Here’s Rogers on his future:

Q: Is it your preference to be back here?

ROGERS: My preference is to be back. Like I said, for four or five (years) I want to be back. Like I said, I’m going to leave that to my agent’s hands. He just got through talking to some of the guys upstairs about that. Now it’s about putting the team first in my decision, and also you want to be compensated for where you think you’re at or where the market puts you at. But also think about this team and not about self. That’s what I’m going to go into the offseason thinking about.

Q: Did you get an optimistic vibe from them that you guys might be able to work something out?

ROGERS: That’s what they said. They want to get it done, want to go one and get started on it as soon as possible. Hopefully I don’t even reach free agency. They said they want me back. They definitely want me back, but at the same time will they be able to match the highest bid if I hit free agency and still keep this team together? Probably not, so they just said, ‘Keep your mind on the team first.’ They’re going to try their best to get the job done.

Q: Would you take a hometown discount to stay?

ROGERS: Hometown discount? I would take a team discount. Hometown discount – I think that’s real low (laughs). But just consider the team first. I definitely will. Like I told them, I like this from the owner to the general manager to everybody that’s in this organization. I like everything about this organization – all the players, the trainers. This ain’t about me coming out and saying, ‘Now I’m free, let’s get the check.’ I’m thinking about this team, and this is where I want to be.

Niners definitely need to resign him. He's a team player, unlike crabgrass.:horn:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I said this in the general offseason thread, but since it pertains to Rogers:

I'm in the minority here, but I wouldn't give Rogers a Cromartie sized contract.

I actually think it's a bigger priority to re-sign Brooks than Rogers. JMHO.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick, I completely disagree. He is a bonafide #1, the best corner we have had in a Niner jersey since Deion...and he WANTS TO BE HERE. You can't on one hand overvalue CB in the draft then go ahead and undervalue them in FA, especially when we are talking about a proven ProBowler who has insisted that he would take a team discount to stay in town. Rogers is technically sound and has shown to be a ball hawk this season. Sounds as if he is more Woodson then Clements IMO. Sign the fucking guy...he deserves Cromartie money more then Cromartie does.