• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos and 49ers want a deal done

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Rogers - DB - 49ers

Free agent CB Carlos Rogers said Monday that he hopes to re-sign with the 49ers before free agency opens on March 13.
The feeling is mutual, although beat reporter Matt Maiocco says the Niners only want Rogers back "at the right price." Rogers turns 31 before next season, so the franchise tag could be a logical compromise if the sides don't reach a long-term agreement. Teams can begin applying franchise tags beginning on February 20. This year's franchise tag deadline is March 5.
Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter
Jan 23 - 3:48 PM

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope so, because I don't want the 49ers to get into a bidding war for a Pro-Bowl CB. Just glad that both sides want the deal to happen, should work for smoother negotiating.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets hope so.

I'm hoping our FA's do not want to leave after getting so damn close and want to stay here.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Rogers - DB - 49ers

Free agent CB Carlos Rogers said Monday that he hopes to re-sign with the 49ers before free agency opens on March 13.
The feeling is mutual, although beat reporter Matt Maiocco says the Niners only want Rogers back "at the right price." Rogers turns 31 before next season, so the franchise tag could be a logical compromise if the sides don't reach a long-term agreement. Teams can begin applying franchise tags beginning on February 20. This year's franchise tag deadline is March 5.
Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter
Jan 23 - 3:48 PM

Damn, I didn't realize he was that old. It's probably because he moves like a guy in his twenties, and I can't imagine he's going to drop off much if at all next year. I hope we re-sign him quickly.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope so.

I'm hoping our FA's do not want to leave after getting so damn close and want to stay here.

I think that they will want to stay. SF is a great city with a team on the rise with a great coaching staff. I think other free agents are going to want to come here as well, which probably hasn't been the case in the last decade or so. Nobody wants to come to an organization that was as unorganized as ours was.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that they will want to stay. SF is a great city with a team on the rise with a great coaching staff. I think other free agents are going to want to come here as well, which probably hasn't been the case in the last decade or so. Nobody wants to come to an organization that was as unorganized as ours was.

Yeah, after money and location, a great coaching staff is probably what these free agent players look for.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
victor cruz ran away with at least 2 mil a season of rogers money yesterday

Flying....You are hurting like the rest of us it was a tough loss for everyone.But you gotta realize man No one even expected us to be in the playoffs this year.We had a rookie coaching staff and a shorten season cause of the lockout.Rodgers had a good season 6 int's (a career high) he was also named the starter in the pro bowl and second team all-pro..I wouldn't throw alot of money at him but i think the 49ers will give him a sweet deal to keep him around a couple of years.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want them to sign Rogers to a 5 yr deal, back-loaded with big guaranteed money, make it easy to cut should play drop off.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
victor cruz ran away with at least 2 mil a season of rogers money yesterday

I don't know about that. Maybe the footing was a factor. Also, Cruz was pretty much shut down in the second half.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Usually when the feeling is mutual the deal gets done and it's typically a good deal for both parties.

So I would be surprised if he's not a 9er next season and even though he's 31 he could be one that ages well like Bailey and Woodson have.

Even with Rodgers I still would like to add even more depth to CB but right now I would say our number 1 focus should be #1 WR over everything else.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Free-agent CB Rogers wants to stay in San Francisco

Niners cornerback Carlos Rogers, a free-agent-to-be, discussed his desire to stay in San Francisco, for the right price.

Rogers, 30, had a career-high six interceptions and earned the first pro Bowl berth of his seven-year career this season.

Here’s Rogers on his future:

Q: Is it your preference to be back here?

ROGERS: My preference is to be back. Like I said, for four or five (years) I want to be back. Like I said, I’m going to leave that to my agent’s hands. He just got through talking to some of the guys upstairs about that. Now it’s about putting the team first in my decision, and also you want to be compensated for where you think you’re at or where the market puts you at. But also think about this team and not about self. That’s what I’m going to go into the offseason thinking about.

Q: Did you get an optimistic vibe from them that you guys might be able to work something out?

ROGERS: That’s what they said. They want to get it done, want to go one and get started on it as soon as possible. Hopefully I don’t even reach free agency. They said they want me back. They definitely want me back, but at the same time will they be able to match the highest bid if I hit free agency and still keep this team together? Probably not, so they just said, ‘Keep your mind on the team first.’ They’re going to try their best to get the job done.

Q: Would you take a hometown discount to stay?

ROGERS: Hometown discount? I would take a team discount. Hometown discount – I think that’s real low (laughs). But just consider the team first. I definitely will. Like I told them, I like this from the owner to the general manager to everybody that’s in this organization. I like everything about this organization – all the players, the trainers. This ain’t about me coming out and saying, ‘Now I’m free, let’s get the check.’ I’m thinking about this team, and this is where I want to be.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign the man.... he earned it since the beginning of the season.... Closest guy to a #1 CB on our team to boot.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Adam Snyder Said this,,,

Said guard Adam Snyder, who was one of the first 49ers to Tweet support for Williams after the game: "This is the best team I've been on. The entire locker room is full of guys who are committed, guys who have character, the type of guys you want in the locker room. We have them. Yeah, this is the best team I've been on by far."

"Guys are friends, not just teammates," Snyder continued. "And I don't know if it's like that everywhere. So this is a special place. There's a special thing here that is going to keep guys here for a long time."

Read more here: 49ers Blog and Q&A: Moving on: Why future looks bright for the 49ers

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
After reading some of the players comments, I really believe that next year can be just as good. I also believe that this will make bringing in top named players easier. We need that #1 WR, and seeing and hearing things like this, one would think it gives you an advantage.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROGERS: “You never know when you’re going to get this close again, that’s why I tell the guys to cherish every moment and give your all when you can.

“Some of these guys are asking me what I’m going to do, if I’ll be back, things like that. That’s my biggest thing – it’s about trying to keep this team together. Because I think we’ve really got something special here. There are always bits and pieces you have to fill. The coaches and general manager will decide that, but keep this team as close as we can. I think we’ve really got something special from the top down.”
Carlos Rogers on free agency: “It’s about trying to keep this team together.” - Inside the 49ers

This sounds like a man willing to take less than top dollar to help the team afford it's other Free Agents. Man, I'm really starting to love the attitude of this team.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow that didn't take long. sounds like he really wants to finish his career here