• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals/Raiders game ??

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Watching it now. I'll post some thoughts in a few. Probably will just watch the first few series, and doing other things, so not totally focusing.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks Crimson,
Just trying to get any kind of a gauge I can on our competition. Unfortunately only thing I can get is Seahawks news here. I think this division is so open for any team to take it. The Hawks are going to have serious QB issues all year, I think the Cards will too but I am not sure there. I think the Rams are the team to beat solely based on their QB. If we get consistent average or better QB play along with solid coaching/game management I think we can take the west.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corn on the Kolb looked just ok. Lucked out on a long pass to Fitz that should have been picked off. The Raider starters seemed more physical. If the Cards are the class of the division this year, the 49ers can overtake them (considering the 49ers have pretty much manhandled them over the past several seasons).

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My thoughts on the game:

I wasn't terribly impressed. Kolb struggled early. He looked jumpy any time the Raiders got even a little pressure, and repeatedly rolled out or scrambled. In his second drive, he had a couple pretty good passes to Fitz, but his entire game was basically throwing to Fitz (he was 2/3 for 60 yards going to Fitz and 2/4 for 8 yards throwing to other guys). He should have had at least one pick I thought, though people on the old board claim otherwise (I thought he nearly had two, but I think the second was Skelton). His 43-yard ball to Fitz was a decent throw, but Fitz had to outfight a rookie CB to complete it.

The D looked like more of a problem, though. They were getting ripped up in the passing games, and it looked like there were some miscommunications. Their first-string offense was also stopped on the goal line by what was basically Oakland's second-string D.

In sum, nothing to draw strong conclusions on, but I wasn't overly impressed.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For both Sea and AZ, as long as their defenses seem vunerable, we stand a good chance with our current offense to win some games.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Corn on the Kolb looked just ok. Lucked out on a long pass to Fitz that should have been picked off. The Raider starters seemed more physical. If the Cards are the class of the division this year, the 49ers can overtake them (considering the 49ers have pretty much manhandled them over the past several seasons).

This is how I saw it as well.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty confident that the Cards will suck this season. They lost their best CB, their star SS has a blown arm. They have no pass rush from the edges. Kolb has always been rattled by pressure. Wells is rubbish. They got a green guy Starting opposite Fitz.

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You forgot to mention that their O-Line is garbage. Oakland was entering the backfield at will yesterday. The reason Kolb looked jumpy is because they couldn't block anyone.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. its only the first pre-season game?
2. the 49ers haven't shown what they have.........or have not?

from what we've seen the last three years or so, anything can happen in West showdowns. come game days, i never take Division opponents for granted.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sebastian janikowski with more beastly kicking. Whats that dudes workout plan, eat, drink beer, shave head, and kick really far? lol

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sebastian janikowski with more beastly kicking. Whats that dudes workout plan, eat, drink beer, shave head, and kick really far? lol

No kidding! I would like to see Janikowski get a shot at the record at least once (or again) before he hangs em up. That 57 last night would have be good from record distance, IMO.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've been banging on the drum that Kolb at his best would be above average and so far so good :)

I just love the analysts that pick the Cardinals to win the NFC West as it shows me they really haven't spent any time really looking at the teams in division or it would be obvious that Kolb isn't Warner and they have plenty of other holes on the roster other than QB.

Good luck trying win games but just outscoring opponents passing to Fitz 50+ times a game.