• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals next QB

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who fits the roster we have now? O-Line hasn't been great, not awful either but can easily be fixed this offseason with FA's, through the Draft and just by getting healthy.

Should Arizona target a proven QB like a Tony Romo or someone comparable, or should they draft a QB? Or both?

I'm not too familiar with ALL of the QB prospects, I know the obvious ones that will likely go in the early 1st round, but I think we may fall in that weird position where the "good" QB prospects will be taken and we may have to reach for one depending where we pick.

Palmer clearly is not the answer and can not be counted on.

Fitz, David Johnson, The Browns, Floyd, Nelson, etc... the weapons are there offensively, but I think a more mobile QB could thrive with this team.
Thoughts?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing they go after Romo because they believe they have enough talent to make and win a superbowl. Wouldn't surprise if they drafted a QB on day 2 of the draft either

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing they go after Romo because they believe they have enough talent to make and win a superbowl. Wouldn't surprise if they drafted a QB on day 2 of the draft either

Yeah, I think no matter which direction they go they should take a shot on a QB with some upside in round 2 or 3.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you could swing a deal for Romo and pray, but the NFC west is LOADED with pass rushers, and he goes down if he gets breathed on.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Romo. He breaks more than CP.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade up to draft the best possible QB

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be all in on Jimmy Garrapolo

Think for that roster, he is worth multiple draft picks

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who fits the roster we have now? O-Line hasn't been great, not awful either but can easily be fixed this offseason with FA's, through the Draft and just by getting healthy.

Should Arizona target a proven QB like a Tony Romo or someone comparable, or should they draft a QB? Or both?

I'm not too familiar with ALL of the QB prospects, I know the obvious ones that will likely go in the early 1st round, but I think we may fall in that weird position where the "good" QB prospects will be taken and we may have to reach for one depending where we pick.

Fitz, David Johnson, The Browns, Floyd, Nelson, etc... the weapons are there offensively, but I think a more mobile QB could thrive with this team.
Thoughts?
Maybe Aaron Rodgers will be available. It seems the Packer fans are giving up on him already. :L

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you could swing a deal for Romo and pray, but the NFC west is LOADED with pass rushers, and he goes down if he gets breathed on.
This...

Romo wouldn't last through week 4 in the NFC West.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the dancing backup you have now?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This...

Romo wouldn't last through week 4 in the NFC West.
I think Romo has a large amount of guaranteed $ remaining on his contract. IIRC it should prevent another team trading for him for at least a year. My guess is the Cowboys are stuck with his contract for another year.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Romo. He breaks more than CP.
That's what I'm thinking. Romo would be a terrible fit for the Cards. The Cards will probably finish at 7-9, if they are lucky. Draft a QB and coach him up.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?

Why on earth is there even a rumor about Romo coming here! Screw that!

I bet if the Cards had a line similar to Dallas, we wouldn't be talking about a new QB. How can Palmer have a decent game when he is hit 22 times? Dude is tough as nails and I was surprised he kept getting up. Get a better Oline and Palmer will get better.

Last edited:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft a QB of the future and bring him along. Doubt they go for Romo or Cutler.