• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Capitals vs. Rangers - Round 2

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memo to the New York Rangers Hockey Club:

I will keep this simple so you dumb hockey players can understand it.

Would you please show the f**k up for Game 4?

Thank you.

p.s. Run that sieve Holtby :nod:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you.

More updated Memo to the New York Rangers Hockey Club:

Completely ignore previous Memo.

Thank you.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I simply refuse to subscribe to the notion that the noble and gentile New York Rangers would *EVER* resort to intentionally hurting a goalkeeper of an opposing team, and I will not respect anyone who suggests such a thing as it simply NOT in the realm of possibility.

Good day, sir. I SAY GOOD DAY

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply refuse to subscribe to the notion that the noble and gentile New York Rangers would *EVER* resort to intentionally hurting a goalkeeper of an opposing team, and I will not respect anyone who suggests such a thing as it simply NOT in the realm of possibility.

Well the spear to the face with in game 1 suggests otherwise :noidea:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and the palm to the face is evident.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps made some amazing moves in the offseason, getting Trotz and a really good coaching staff, signing Orpik and Niskanen made a huge difference for the Caps organization. 7 blocked shots for Nisky in game 3 and Orpik has been a rock for the Caps all year long! Many "experts" didn't even have the Caps making the playoffs this year, now they are beating the best team in the NHL in the 2nd round of the playoffs! Trotz was exactly what this team needed!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the spear to the face with in game 1 suggests otherwise :noidea:

It was snarkiness concerning a former poster who was APPALLED that anyone would suggest that the Rangers purposely took out Price last year. He was also APPALLED that the rest of us provided video evidence of the Rangers doing it to opposing goalies on a regular basis.

Holtby gon' die

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Release the Krieder!!

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps have one good player, but hockey has gotten so much better with so much talent one player like a Gretzky will not win it for you.

Caps made some amazing moves in the offseason, getting Trotz and a really good coaching staff, signing Orpik and Niskanen made a huge difference for the Caps organization. 7 blocked shots for Nisky in game 3 and Orpik has been a rock for the Caps all year long! Many "experts" didn't even have the Caps making the playoffs this year, now they are beating the best team in the NHL in the 2nd round of the playoffs! Trotz was exactly what this team needed!

:scratch:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that sieve isnt doing its job

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, it ain't over 'til its over.

But I have begun preparations for the (deserved) abuse I will be receiving in 4 - 6 days.

Then call me Amazon Prime, because I'm delivering it early for free!

And this has nothing to do with your prediction on the series or when it's "over," it has to do with you calling Holtby a sieve. A goalie who has already shown he can play big time in the playoffs, a goalie who was among the league's best all year.

You want to say Lundqvist is better, hey, perfectly logical opinion that one can easily justify. But you saw one play and called Holtby a sieve. That was a dumb statement. It would be as retarded as me saying Chris Kreider is slow.

So feel free not to wait... feel free to say you were wrong.

I'm sorry if I'm getting a little hot over this, but it's playoff hockey. You're a Toronto fan, you wouldn't understand.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you.

^This fucking idiot needs to stay the fuck out of this thread.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to state for the record, and with all due respect to Ray Shero, Mitch Korn is God.

Ever since Hershey, Holtby has had two issues. 1) Over playing situations and 2) Freaking the fuck out when he does. Like "oops, too far left. Better dive all the way back to the right"

He is still incredibly aggressive, but he seems so much calmer and in control now. Like the scramble with the puck that popped up in the final minute. He casually stood up, gloved it and held on. It feels to me like last year he would have swatted at it and tried to knock it to the corner. He has smoothed around the edges and is playing so smooth and smart. And considering how Korn made Chris Mason and NHL goalie and coached a ton of poise into Rinne, I have to think he's made a huge difference for Braden.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nice to see Trotz finally got Ovechkin to be a team player.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^This fucking idiot needs to stay the fuck out of this thread.

Wow. One trash talk comment has you this worked up?

After reading your post immediately above this one, I was quite prepared to admit I was wrong about Holtby. He is having an oustanding Playoff. No doubt.

I have seen several of your posts, here and in other Forums (Forii ?) on this site. I know you to be intelligent. Of all people, I thought you would understand that my p.s. was meant to be humor. Of course I chose to repeat the word "sieve" specifically to make it clear I was mocking my own earlier post and to provide everyone with a chuckle.

I guess that was too subtle for you. My bad.

Let me be perfectly clear: Holtby is playing as well as, if not better, then any other goalie in the playoffs. A sieve lets in goals, ergo goalies who pitch shutouts are not sieves.

And hey, I can take a shot about my Leafs better than most. Yeah they suck and have sucked for a long while.

p.s. I am glad you do not have the authority to impose censorship here. First Amendment and all that folderol...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nice to see Trotz finally got Ovechkin to be a team player.

Hug me, Brooks!!

sports-hkn-caps-jackets-1-oh.jpg