• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cap at $64 mil?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep --- good mother fucking bye ********!!!!

(i wish..)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, get ready for a repeat ;)

We'll be able to keep our whole team.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know Philly got swept by Boston but I think the Flyers can beat the B's. Especially with an upgrade in goal and a more healthy roster.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep --- good mother fucking bye ********!!!!

(i wish..)

Hartnell's career playoff PPG = 0.49 (36p in 73g)
Carter's career playoff PPG = 0.45 (21p in 47g)

#imjustsayin

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Philly got swept by Boston but I think the Flyers can beat the B's. Especially with an upgrade in goal and a more healthy roster.

Guess we'll find out next season, won't we? :D

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Tim Thomas gonna stand on his head again all next season plus the playoffs? or do you think by then your PP may help him out. :tongue:

Ok, but seriously repeating is extremely hard in the new NHL, with injuries, slumps and the cap it makes it very difficult to keep the core of a winning team together completely no matter how good your GM is.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That shortened off-season might hurt...well worth it though!

B's weree well deserved for the cup, especially in the finals, but chances of a repeat, not good. They won 3 game 7's, crazy record to hold, and 1 of those in ot, so 1 goal away from being out. There have been better teams that haven't repeated, so injuries...... alot to take into account.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Tim Thomas gonna stand on his head again all next season plus the playoffs? or do you think by then your PP may help him out. :tongue:

Ok, but seriously repeating is extremely hard in the new NHL, with injuries, slumps and the cap it makes it very difficult to keep the core of a winning team together completely no matter how good your GM is.

I must say... Truly not trying to be a homer, but IF we can stay healthy for the most part, and TT can play at least 80 % of how he played this season, and our PP actually exists, I think we have the best chance of repeating out of any team that has won since the lockout. Our whole team is pretty much returning.

But like you said, it is extremely hard nowadays. I think TT is not going to match up to himself this past season. I don't see him dropping off drastically though. Our chemistry had to have skyrocketed after winning the cup. They seem to have such a good bond, and with them all returning, ya never know. :pray:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say... Truly not trying to be a homer, but IF we can stay healthy for the most part, and TT can play at least 80 % of how he played this season, and our PP actually exists, I think we have the best chance of repeating out of any team that has won since the lockout. Our whole team is pretty much returning.

But like you said, it is extremely hard nowadays. I think TT is not going to match up to himself this past season. I don't see him dropping off drastically though. Our chemistry had to have skyrocketed after winning the cup. They seem to have such a good bond, and with them all returning, ya never know. :pray:

All good points, and I'm not trying ot be a downer. I said all season the only team I didn't want to play in the playoffs was the B's. The thing that make you guys so hard to beat is the system you play and that the whole team buys into it. Thomas made it nearly impossible to beat the B's if their backs were against the wall. I doubt he drops off drastically but I can't see him playing the same caliber as this year, he was just out of his mind.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly... I am just happy we won it all this year. I'll worry about repeating in the spring next year. Way too far away to be talking all this nonsense. lol, Disney already has threads about the B's becoming a dynasty, lmao.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Better chance than Detroit or the Pens or the Devs.....i think you still may be drunk since last week.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think so... With this cap increase we have a chance to keep the entire team intact.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am gonna stop with this though... I'd rather enjoy this summer with a championship and not worry about the next postseason yet.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
im getting a little annoyed at how fast everyone has given up on versteeg, a young player that has averaged over 20 goals and 20 assists the last 3 years, who played with a very unproductive line (and a borderline to hurt to play richards) calling it now that the guy will have a great year for us next year. much better than wherever ville leino ends up (and i am a leino fan)

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
im getting a little annoyed at how fast everyone has given up on versteeg, a young player that has averaged over 20 goals and 20 assists the last 3 years, who played with a very unproductive line (and a borderline to hurt to play richards) calling it now that the guy will have a great year for us next year. much better than wherever ville leino ends up (and i am a leino fan)

Where do I start!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Versteeg on his own cost the Flyers 2 games last year, the 1st was in Carolina with the game tied 1-1 with 2 minutes left in the game, and he gave the puck up at the offensive blueline that lead to a 2-1 the other way, and a goal. Another was at home against atl and with 3 minutes left he took a penalty that lead to a goal, then with the atl goalie pulled he tried passing the puck behind the Flyers net to a Dman and hit the side of the net????? puck went to an atl player and another goal, and Flyers then lost in ot.
Name me another player on the Flyers that cost them 2 games especially down the stretch with stupid giveaways, yet if Zherdev had made those 2 plays he would never have seen the ice ever again as a Flyer. Its clear Versteeg played like shit, and if they keep him over Leino its a Fucking dumb mistake.