• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cap at $64 mil?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
********'s career playoff PPG = 0.49 (36p in 73g)
Carter's career playoff PPG = 0.45 (21p in 47g)

#imjustsayin

:think: Sooo.....what you're saying is that they both suck and need to go??

Works for me! :whoo:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where do I start!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Versteeg on his own cost the Flyers 2 games last year, the 1st was in Carolina with the game tied 1-1 with 2 minutes left in the game, and he gave the puck up at the offensive blueline that lead to a 2-1 the other way, and a goal. Another was at home against atl and with 3 minutes left he took a penalty that lead to a goal, then with the atl goalie pulled he tried passing the puck behind the Flyers net to a Dman and hit the side of the net????? puck went to an atl player and another goal, and Flyers then lost in ot.
Name me another player on the Flyers that cost them 2 games especially down the stretch with stupid giveaways, yet if Zherdev had made those 2 plays he would never have seen the ice ever again as a Flyer. Its clear Versteeg played like shit, and if they keep him over Leino its a Fucking dumb mistake.

you are of course entitled to your own opinion, and rightfully so i do not think he played all that great for us last year. that being said i guarantee he has a better year than ville leino next year, stone cold lock of the century in fact and i will bet you a 12-pack of molson canadian on it:lock1:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leino is definitely getting resigned... Holmgren made that pretty clear in a statement to ESPN.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are of course entitled to your own opinion, and rightfully so i do not think he played all that great for us last year. that being said i guarantee he has a better year than ville leino next year, stone cold lock of the century in fact and i will bet you a 12-pack of molson canadian on it:lock1:

i could definitely see that happening. but its tough to compare the two, they do very different things.. but as far as point production goes, i could see versteeg scoring more

problem is, leino is still (who knows why) flying high from the 2010 playoff run.. 53 points in the regular season and 5 in the playoffs doesn't impress me that much.. and he didnt do what made the HBL line so dangerous in 2010, which was skate around with the puck and fend off d-men.. nobody could take the puck from him then.. now he just falls, and its blamed it on his hip.. i realize its probably the reason, but if he cant get it fixed? i'm skeptical of giving him 3+ mil on what we know will be a long term contract

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i could definitely see that happening. but its tough to compare the two, they do very different things.. but as far as point production goes, i could see versteeg scoring more

problem is, leino is still (who knows why) flying high from the 2010 playoff run.. 53 points in the regular season and 5 in the playoffs doesn't impress me that much.. and he didnt do what made the HBL line so dangerous in 2010, which was skate around with the puck and fend off d-men.. nobody could take the puck from him then.. now he just falls, and its blamed it on his hip.. i realize its probably the reason, but if he cant get it fixed? i'm skeptical of giving him 3+ mil on what we know will be a long term contract

EXACTLY, but i think Versteeg will be fine here, i really think many on here will be eating crow come midseason next yera. if not i'll be the first to admit i was wrong.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: Sooo.....what you're saying is that they both suck and need to go??

Works for me! :whoo:

Haha, that's one way to look at it. :crazy:

I was more making a case that Carter is considerably overpaid for what he brings (total package) to this team. If Scotty can outperform him, with regularity, in the playoffs, we're better off splitting his $5+ mil cap hit among other players.